Should the Arctic Giant make a return?

gzilla46

Civilian
Reaction score
Do any of you remember the Arctic Giant from that old Superman cartoon? Do you think he should return to the world of DC? I think that'd be interesting. He could be a formidable foe for Superman, Batman, Green lantern and other DC heroes.
superman08a.jpg

They should redesign him a little to make him more kickass for today's standards.
Like this:
V-rexRealista2.jpg

Haha, one of my oldest memories about superman, i remember thinking how he could be used in a film when i was younger, he should definitelly be brought back to the comics, didn't Superman: The Animated Series do a tribute with a robot dinossaur that almost killed superman?

Haha, one of my oldest memories about superman, i remember thinking how he could be used in a film when i was younger, he should definitelly be brought back to the comics, didn't Superman: The Animated Series do a tribute with a robot dinossaur that almost killed superman?

I don't remember. Why didn't they keep this guy?

Forget The Arctic Giant. Bring back the bird people from "The Underground World", and ofcourse, The Mechanical Monsters!;)

Yeah, Lex Luthor makes the animatronic dinosaur in a museum attack him, although the one that was in the most danger was Lois. The plan also involved kryptonite though to weaken Superman enough to make the fight interesting (Dini and Timm were very good about depowering Superman enough so that the series was interesting).

I loved the solution for getting rid of the kryptonite (one of the better Chekhov's guns in that show).

The Fleischer shorts also had him fight King Kong and as someone else mentioned the bird people in the volcano, although this latter one is basically a lot like having him fight Thanagarians.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"