Homecoming Should the MCU Version of Spider-Man be allowed to kill his opponents?

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
Given on how all of the Avengers and their allies have had no qualms about killing off a lot of their adversaries/opponents in past films, should we expect the same rules to be applied to the MCU version of Spider-Man? I know in the comics, guys like Captain America are very big on the "No Killing" rule, whereas his MCU counterpart doesn't seemingly share that view.

My apologies in advance if this has already been discussed to death here.

Does what he did in the Raimi films count as "killing"?

If so I'd say yeah

No, those villains all brought thos deaths upon themselves....conviently and ironically.

Especially not now, when he's just in high school. Maybe he can be forced to make that decision later on in his career, but not at this point.

According to Kevin Feige he is only allowed to kill people (or commit suicide) if it's just for fun purposes.
;)

If he never intentionally killed anybody in the past films, why should he start now? So, no.

No killing, pretty sure it's in the Sony/Disney contract anyways.

I would say no. especially after what we got with Superman and Batman in the DC films.

let's preserve the sanctity and innocence of at least one hero........lol.

the only situation where I'd be ok with Spidey killing is if it's like a Goblin situation - where Spidey dodges the glider and it impales Goblin.

something like that. or a situation where Spidey is unable to save a villain and said villain falls to his death. or Spidey chooses to save MJ or Aunt May or some civilians and is thus unable to save the villain as well.

but no to outright killing.

I would say yes if he is defending himself or others from certain death then yeah why not

Does what he did in the Raimi films count as "killing"?

If so I'd say yeah

Um WHERE DID HE KILL IN THE RAIMI FILMS????

The mugger tripped and fell

GG died from his glider

Ock sacrificed himself

Peter tried to save Eddie

Harry sacrificed himself

To answer the question, no. Spidey shouldn't kill.

It's not really a question of being allowed or going against a code, it's more just something Spidey would never do. It would be out of character.

Peter would never just kill his bad guys. He's made it clear he couldn't live with the guilt of taking a life, even if they were truly evil. Even when Norman Osborn first died, all Peter felt was emptiness and sadness. Even if he was allowed, it's not the kind of person Peter is.

image.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"