Should the new Batman movies go fantastical?

They should bring the Silver Age Batman to the big screen.

Right. And i don´t even buy into the idea of Batman fighting super powered enemies. I mean, the idea of a human fighting human criminals is already too far-fetched, but i can swallow it. But super powered enemies? I mean, c´mon...

in a good number of comics i´ve read, especially the more recent ones, Batman is basically a superhuman. He is not human at all. And if he can always come with a gadget to destroy the biggest of the threats, then what´s the difference between that and actually having powers? The result is the same.

Batman is a human, so he should fight humans. Superman is not human, so it makes sense for him to fight aliens and mutants.

It´s not that we can´t have good stories where Batman fights monsters. Yeah, we can. But Batman is a character that can be grounded in the world as we know it, and that´s what makes him so different in the CB universe, where almost everybody is super-something.

You put Batman amongst super powered beings, and you´re playing the character against his strenghts. You´re not exploring what´s most interesting about him. You´re basically just saying "Ok, do the same as the rest, but use gadgets". "Don´t fly, but fly anyway by using a grappling hook that almost seems spider-man´s web" C´mon...

I think it´s so interesting seeing this fantastic man interacting with real people, real cops, real criminals. It´s so cool to see him having so many weaknesses. It´s so cool to see him doing detective work in a city that, in many ways, is similar to several cities we have in the real world. Why do we need to see him fight someone made of clay?

Oh, i get it, beating up criminals, running from the police and solving difficult crimes is too easy for a human being. Give him an enemy who can turn into anything. Or give him superman, and let´s pretend he could actually beat him. Grounded stuff is too serious. Kids need more fun. Give them more explosion, neons and monsters.
Great post. Even though most will disagree with it.

The problem with putting Batman up against Superman or even teaming him with super powered heroes, is there's only two ways you can go about it. Either Batman comes off like a pathetic weakling, or they have to exaggerate his mind/physicality/gadgets in order to make it seem like he's on their level. This is why we're absolutely getting the Bat-God with Affleck. The only thing that will make him seem like a human being will be the fact that he's close to the end of his reign as the caped crusader. But you have to deliver the bat-god if you want him mixed with aliens, it's just how it is. So i dont mind in that context. But i dont care for it outside of that.

I'm almost disappointed that we're not just getting Affleck/Irons in a world where there's no Justice League. It's why i hope the solo film strips things down from the team-ups and tosses the futuristic suits/gadgets to the side and just deals with the Joker and not Man-Bat for instance.

I absolutely believe more fantastical elements should be included. Imo, it makes Batman even more impressive when he's going up against a superhuman force & ends up prevailing. It'd be nice to get a good balance where we have the space & continuum to get both the human villains & the metahuman ones.

Plus it'd also provide new visuals & aesthetics to work with on the silver screen. Expansion.

Yes....for the reason of finally seeing Poison Ivy made into a credible threat.

^ Indeed. In her case, something along the Arkham Asylum series of games would be ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"