Should The Next Solo Superman Movie Be A Reboot?

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by Detective Conan, Sep 1, 2020.

?

Should The Next Superman Movie Be A Reboot?

1. Yes. Move On From Cavil. Reboot With A New Actor.

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No. Keep It In The DCEU With Cavil Coming Back.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Detective Conan Registered

Should The next solo Superman film be a soft reboot with Henry Cavil back in the cape, or a total hard reboot with another actor? I’m preferring a hard reboot outside the continuity of the DCEU like what they’re doing with Reeves Batman.

#1 Detective Conan, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  2. Boy Scout Registered

Hard reboot.

Astro13Zombie likes this.
  3. BobJM Uncle Charlie

Hard reboot. Not necessarily in the same universe as Reeves Batman, but just like Superman Returns in 2006 after Batman Begins in 2015, people want Batman and Superman. Or at least I do.

One of the first things to cross my mind after it was blown viewing the FanDome trailer was "I wonder when Superman gets his next installment?"

4. Sterling Archer Registered

Yes. Follow the Matt Reeves Batman model. Year two Superman who is a little in over his head and doesn't quite have everything figured out yet. 24-25 year old Clark. Lower budget, more character focused with less emphasis on spectacle. Homemade looking suit. Maybe include subtle nods to it being set in the same universe as Reeves Batman, even if they never cross over. Tonally, I'd make it a little quirky, a little indie. Something like "me, Earl and the dying girl" but without the tragedy. Not an outright comedy like Shazam, but not necessarily end of the world level stakes and drama. People say they can't invest in Superman because he's so powerful. This is why I feel like it should be a movie about someone who happens to be a superhero, rather than a straight up superhero movie, if that makes sense.

20200906_003756.jpg

#4 Sterling Archer, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Marvel united likes this.
  5. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Hard reboot. Make this new Superman even more wooden than Cavill and maybe even have him be the Superman who flicks peanuts at bottles in the bar, is a hard drinker, stubbled and is affected by black Kryptonite mixed with tar.

Astro13Zombie likes this.
  6. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

No. Next question.

7. jetage Registered

Start completely from scratch, reinvent the entire wheel, and as always, ABC, Anyone But Cavill.

8. Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Yes. 30s period piece is the only way IMO

9. X Knight Straight Edge

at this point, I want a complete reboot just like The Batman. and hopefully they can find a director and creative team who TRULY get the character and celebrate what makes Superman great without trying to change him to be darker, edgier, cooler, or broodier.

Superman is Superman. Batman is Batman. Not every character has to be moody and conflicted.

10. Kelebek Registered

I would like to see cavill back again as Superman. He tries so hard to get the best of the character and I feel like this time he will definitely present something different of course with the right team.

11. GreenKToo In the fire

Reboot, set it in the mid 50's.

12. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Direct sequel to MOS. Bring back Snyder. Make it darker. Basically, I want to see people on here lose their minds.

13. Enriquespy Registered

Do it classic James Bond style, where there is a general status quo at the beginning of the movie, so that continuity placement is irrelevant.

Alien Anal likes this.