Rebels Should there be more Star Wars series running alongside Rebels?

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
A live action Star Wars tv show has been in development for years, eventualy it has to happen, they've mentioned having the scripts ready, but needing the budget. The ideas they've mentioned sound exciting, with it focusing on the Galaxy's day-to-day life.

However, when it comes to animation there's already Rebels, and some rumors indicate there's a third planned CGI show once Rebels ends. These spin-offs are fun in how they portray new sets of protagonists, however, could there be more than one animated SW show running alongside Rebels?

I honestly would like to see the Original Trilogy's period get the The Clone Wars treatment, with multi-episode stor arcs that almost work like mini-movies and would show the classic characters together again. Considering 2 SW shows could confuse a lot of kids, i think Netflix could be the best medium to release this possible spin-off, as it would be more of a thing for fans.

I know they are making novels and comics based around that idea, but those mediums don't the inherent cinematic quality SW needs. I have yet to read the new novels, but the comics have been prety good, it could be pretty cool if they were adapted into a CGI cartoon in the style of The Clone Wars.

star-wars-marvel.jpg

If not as an entire show, then maybe just a set of CGI films or something like that. It seems like the upcoming video games may be adapted into novels, so, why not try adapting the comics into the small screen?

The Original Trilogy era is a classic period, there's a lot in that era to explore and flesh out, i don't think it should be limited to novels and comics.

As for other ideas, i would myself like to see the period between Episodes I and II explored a bit, there's a 10 year window, and we could see Obi-Wan developing as Anakin's teacher.

So, should there be more SW running alongside Rebels like what Marvel is doing with their oun properties, or should SW do one series at a time? What other series set in the SW universe would you like to see?

Oh, absolutely. Go for it, so long as they're good. As you mentioned, I'd love an anthology series comprised of multi-episode arcs. You could even hop around the timeline a little bit, if you wanted. An arc set before between ROTS and ANH, then there could be an arc between ANH and ESB or ESB and ROTJ or ROTJ and TFA, anything. It could be fun, giving us some varied stories to keep the show from being boring.

I have zero interest in a series featuring any main characters from the movies, but I wouldn't mind multiple series running at the same time as long as they're good.

The idea I've had forever is I would love a gritty war drama type of show that takes place during the rebellion and shows the war from the regular soldier's perspective on both sides. Basically a Star Wars version of 08th MS Team if you're familiar with that.

I want to tell in this 3d animation in New York is the best way to do animation with this you will know how the 3d animation will help for the movies. It gives lots of energy to the movie and the output is good. Because 3D animation work well and today it is demanded.

I'd like to see a series completely separate from Rebels or the OT.

Either establish it as from the viewpoint of someone serving in the Empire and from the view of someone who witnesses the Dark side of the Empire.

For example we have a family separated by the strife resulting from the end of the Clone Wars.

The main world accepts the Imperial presence but the colonies wanting independence are declared part of the Separatists and violently put down.

So we have one side of the family becoming part of the Empire to regain their stability whilst unknown to them their surviving relatives have to hide and flee the Imperial tyranny maybe going underground becoming smugglers to escape pursuit.

We see both sides coping until they finally encounter each other discovering they're on opposite sides and more importantly what if they discover the truth?

It would be nice to witness the creation of a rebel cell and how they cope against the overwhelming might and lies of the Empire?

Keep the Force to a minimum, the Jedi were virtually wiped out and should be treated as such, now if only they could keep that notion intact maybe we'll have a series worth watching!

We've got Clone Wars set during the PT and Rebels (essentially) set during the OT, I wouldn't mind another show relating to the Sequel Trilogy.

There's a good 30 year gap between OT and ST, so I'd love to see something set during that time period.

I want to see more post original trilogy stories. I want to get out of pre-ANH more.

I think after VIII, they might finally open up for that. Once we know the origins of Rey and why Luke left, they will finally be free to start exploring that territory.

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to a show set in the first few years post-ROTJ.

Considering it's something we'll most likely not see again with the flesh and blood actors, I would like to see Luke/Leia/Han all together, both in terms of people fighting for the same cause and as a family.

Mark voiced Darth Bane in TCW and Carrie has her gig on Family Guy, it wouldn't be a stretch for Dave Filoni to get them onboard for regular/reoccurring roles.

I wouldn't be opposed to another series. I love what this one has been doing since season 2 though. I'm still hoping for some type of mention of the Rebels crew (even if it's just Hera) in Rogue One.

Interesting...If it does run alongside Rebels then I wonder if it'll be the same CG style or more traditional animation, or if Dave Filoni would be involved in any capacity, not to mention the question of when it'll be set...

Interesting...If it does run alongside Rebels then I wonder if it'll be the same CG style or more traditional animation, or if Dave Filoni would be involved in any capacity, not to mention the question of when it'll be set...
I think they will keep the CG style, but might go back to something closer to TCW as opposed to the McQuarrie styling, which was done in an attempt to save money on animation. Traditional animation would cost a lot more if "quality'.

As to when it would be set. If it is coming post-2017, I think most would agree it is going to be post-RotJ, and perhaps finally the return of the trio in the starring roles. Doing so would allow for Luke Jedi action, battles with the Empire and the Leia/Han romance.

Its one of those times where it comes in handy that Mark has had decades of voice acting

Yeah, I figure that would be the natural era to explore. And yeah I'm sure Mark would gladly do the voice acting for it, especially if it follows Luke and his creation of the new Jedi Order. Depending on when they set it they may even try for something around the rise and fall of Ben.

Its one of those times where it comes in handy that Mark has had decades of voice acting
I wonder if he could still pull off something that sounds "reasonably" young for Luke.

On another note, if this did go alongside Rebels, I'd like the idea of an athology series that could jump around. Yoda when he was younger, the adventures of Obi-Wan as a Padawan, Luke's early days a Jedi Knight, Boba Fett doing his thing, Han and Chewie, Leia as youngster, etc.

I don't know what else they could mine if it was concurrent to Rebels and the pre-Episode IV era. They've got a lot of those bases already covered. Post-Jedi makes the most sense, because that span of time still hasn't been touched on that much.

I'd love an Ahsoka series dealing with her time after she left the Order. A Post-ROTJ series staring Luke, Han, and Leia would be great too.

If they wanted to do an Imperial show with lead characters that are in the Empire that might be cool. Or do a series set before TPM. When the Jedi were still peace keepers and not generals in an army. Or an Old Old Republic series. Or a bounty hunter series staring Boba Fett.

There's a good 30 year gap between OT and ST, so I'd love to see something set during that time period.

Agreed. That would be great to see how the new republic and first order came about.

Could also have a young Kylo Ren, and show his fall to the dark side.

Dave Filoni is no longer Supervising Director of Rebels

http://bigshinyrobot.com/59820/star-wars-rebels-filoni-no-longer-supervising-director/

"Dave is still just as involved as ever - overseeing all aspects of Star Wars Rebels production as Executive Producer and occasionally directing episodes. In many ways, mentoring Justin and moving him into the role as Supervising Director has made it possible for Dave to be even more immersed in the writing and story structure of the show as well as creatively overseeing future animation development. Justin started with Lucasfilm Animation on the first season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and worked with Dave before that on Avatar: The Last Airbender, so they've been working together for quite some time."

So it seems like they've bumped up Justin Ridge for Rebels while Filoni does work on the new animated series. As far as Rdige goes, he's done some great work with TCW, so I trust he'll be fine with his new role in Rebels.

If the next show is set post-Episode VI, then i realy hope they go back to exploring the classic trio. They deserve to have a show of their oun and this would give fans the direct continuation to their adventures from the Original trilogy.

That could easily replace Rebels as the main SW animated show, since that story shouldn't go on for too long. One of my problems with The Clone Wars was that the main storylines were amazing, yet, a lot of filler kept holding them. Then when the show ended, a bunch of important stuff had to be filled in by other canon material.

Anyway, i think a second animated show geared more towards old fans could run alongside the main one. It could go directly to Netflix. You could do an anthology like it's been previously mentioned in this thread, or fill in the details from the Clone Wars period that have been left unfinished (like the first months of the conflict and first appearances of Ventress, since many of those stories have been non-canonized).

If the next show is set post-Episode VI, then i realy hope they go back to exploring the classic trio. They deserve to have a show of their oun and this would give fans the direct continuation to their adventures from the Original trilogy.

That could easily replace Rebels as the main SW animated show, since that story shouldn't go on for too long. One of my problems with The Clone Wars was that the main storylines were amazing, yet, a lot of filler kept holding them. Then when the show ended, a bunch of important stuff had to be filled in by other canon material.

Anyway, i think a second animated show geared more towards old fans could run alongside the main one. It could go directly to Netflix. You could do an anthology like it's been previously mentioned in this thread, or fill in the details from the Clone Wars period that have been left unfinished (like the first months of the conflict and first appearances of Ventress, since many of those stories have been non-canonized).

I think there is zero chance of this happening just because of recasting, unless they do animated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"