Sequels Should they kill the kid off?

The sequel coming out in 2009 will do much better, it's certain because they promised more action, thus the film will be better received by the everyman if advertised correctly. I don't honestly think Superman Returns was the right way to reintroduce Kent, but at least it did and I'm sure the populous will want to know what happens next.

Yūgi's BM;11348778 said:
The sequel coming out in 2009 will do much better, it's certain because they promised more action, thus the film will be better received by the everyman if advertised correctly. I don't honestly think Superman Returns was the right way to reintroduce Kent, but at least it did and I'm sure the populous will want to know what happens next.

From what I see no one cares about finding out "the rest of the story". But that is just my circle.

I disagree about it doing better - I think it will do worse. The cloud and controversy over the film will be bigger than for SR and if photos start coming out and they are no better than the SR shots of Routh then it is over. Or if the trailer does not match FF2 or Spidey it is over. Singer has to get it all absolutely right and I don't think he has the talent to do that. JMHO. I expect crash and burn. A sequel is a huge risk not just for WB but maybe even moreso for fans.

It will take that long IMHO. SR is totally different from the Hulk and the late 90s batman film.

First off, though all three films were critically panned, the Hulk and Batman made back at the domestic box more than they cost to make. SR did not. The other two were moderate financial sucesses while SR was not. Plus there was the 10 years of development bad place for SR and Lord knows the money WB actually blew on that.

Doesn't matter. WB made money off it in the end and because of that fact we will be getting a sequel and probably an eventual reboot. How are they still making money? People still talk the film and people get interested which makes them go get the movie from a blockbuster. When it's rented then WB gets money. They make money off of all the different ads and such that were in the movie. They were making money before the movie came out. So I would think that they are set for more movies with Supe's. It's what companies do. They get themselves payed for before it's out.

Superman won't come back as quickly for fiancial reasons alone and too with Batman being a huge success now I expect we will see a run of 4 or 5 batman films. Plus JLA will likely get a trilogy and spin off if WB is lucky too potentially huge franchises.

Well that doesn't seem right. Why wouldn't Superman be able to come back. I've already stated above that they made back their money. And a JLA movie?! Why would they come out with a JLA movie when they can't make a decent Superman movie, oh great one. And 4 or 5 Batman films? I'd think we'd see a triliogy like Spiderman because directors have to do different things, sometimes series movies can just get kind of boring.

WB will have all it can handle with batman, JLA, Flash, WW, GL, Aquaman and more for the next several decades. The simple truth is the studio does not need the Superman franchise as it has far more lucrative or potentially lucrative franchises.

Like I said above why You of all people expect a JLA movie to come out you have said numerous times that they can't do a Superman movie. Superman is probably WB's biggest focus at this point because they know as well as us that, if done right, it can blow PotC, GL, Aquaman, Spiderman, Flash, and the rest out of the water.

Will they ever try again - yeah I think so in 15 - 20 years at a time when they have established success through Bats and these other characters as Marvel has now and can afford to put some money at risk by trying to bring Superman back again.

We've already established you're a huge pessimist so no more need to talk about that.

From what I see no one cares about finding out "the rest of the story". But that is just my circle.

I disagree about it doing better - I think it will do worse. The cloud and controversy over the film will be bigger than for SR and if photos start coming out and they are no better than the SR shots of Routh then it is over. Or if the trailer does not match FF2 or Spidey it is over. Singer has to get it all absolutely right and I don't think he has the talent to do that. JMHO. I expect crash and burn. A sequel is a huge risk not just for WB but maybe even moreso for fans.

Exactly the point. It's your circle. There is a simple reason why Singer will do better. Do want to know what it is? He can learn. He learns from his mistakes. He probably knows right now that he made a mistake. He's probably afraid of admitting it for the fact he would be kicked from the project and that he knows he can right his wrong. Of course the case may be that has already that he admitted his wrong and asked for a second chance with is the reason they signed him on with a lower movie budget. A number of things could happen inside the offices of WB that we have no idea about. The greatest superhero movie in history could be coming. The point is that none of know, especially you who seems to be going off of complete observation within your region and the boards. I used to be on your side but not anymore. Sorry buddy.

Exactly the point. It's your circle. There is a simple reason why Singer will do better. Do want to know what it is? He can learn. He learns from his mistakes. He probably knows right now that he made a mistake. He's probably afraid of admitting it for the fact he would be kicked from the project and that he knows he can right his wrong. Of course the case may be that has already that he admitted his wrong and asked for a second chance with is the reason they signed him on with a lower movie budget. A number of things could happen inside the offices of WB that we have no idea about. The greatest superhero movie in history could be coming. The point is that none of know, especially you who seems to be going off of complete observation within your region and the boards. I used to be on your side but not anymore. Sorry buddy.
Yes, he knows he made a mistake,yes,he is feeling the pressure,yes,he knows he can be replaced,yes,he knows he has to fix it. The real question is can he do it.:wow:

The kid can live forever, or die right now, It would not matter to me.

Well.... he's in so you really can't kill him now.... death is not really the M O in the Superman franchise like it may be, in pretty much all of Marvel ComicBook Movies and in Batman.

Well.... he's in so you really can't kill him now.... death is not really the M O in the Superman franchise like it may be, in pretty much all of Marvel ComicBook Movies and in Batman.
I think that the kid will play a pivotal role why else would Singer put him in.

I think that the kid will play a pivotal role why else would Singer put him in.
whait a minute. so you think the kid is there for sequels?
i thought that the kid had an important role in SR.

Usually kids are added at the end of a superhero's movie career, a way to change the character as in hook or as part of the new trend of adding super kids in movies like spy kids, Incredibles, codie banks, baby geniuses, zorro jr, son of the mask...

hopefully WB realizes we're not interested in super kids anymore, but this is WB so I doubt it.

Even if Singer delivers more action and a better story, it's a moot point. Superson is still there, and it really turns a lot of people off from going to the theatre to see a film about Superman. If I wanted to see a kid attached to a superhero, then I'd wait for the Captain Marvel film to come out.

If Singer wanted to put Superman in a mentor role, then he should have introduced Kara, and not until the third film. She's a lot older than Jason (late teen, early adult), Instead, we get the dynamic duo of Singerman and Superson.

Even if Singer delivers more action and a better story, it's a moot point. Superson is still there, and it really turns a lot of people off from going to the theatre to see a film about Superman. If I wanted to see a kid attached to a superhero, then I'd wait for the Captain Marvel film to come out.

If Singer wanted to put Superman in a mentor role, then he should have introduced Kara, and not until the third film. She's a lot older than Jason (late teen, early adult), Instead, we get the dynamic duo of Singerman and Superson.
lol. singer has lead himself into a dead end.
the good thing is... he is out. :) ya, i choose to believe.

lol. singer has lead himself into a dead end.
the good thing is... he is out. :) ya, i choose to believe.

I wish you were right. Unfortunately, even if Singer is out, they would have to do a reboot to get rid of all the horrible elements Singer introduced.

Everything I have seen is that Singer will be attached to the sequel, and Singer will continue doing things his way without regard for many of the elements that have made Superman great. Singer's focus is doing things in the Donner vein.

whait a minute. so you think the kid is there for sequels?
i thought that the kid had an important role in SR.
What was so important about him other than being the bastard child of Supes and Lois and the fact he is half Kryptonian and half Earthling. Importance? There has to be some other purpose or intention for him in the sequel other than Brainiac and Lex hatching a scheme to kidnap him.

Well said...Singer introduced him for a reason whatever that reason being and we will see in the sequel or will he pretend the kid never happened.:whatever:

God no. For as bad as the idea was, the kid turned out to be one of the best parts of the movie. He was humor and lightheartedness in an otherwise dull, downbeat movie.

Plus, SR was angsty enough. We don't need a dead child to make the next one even moreso.

I have to say this whole idea of killing kids, even if fictional, is rather disturbing and I think this thread should be locked. As a kid, I wouldn't think this since I'd have killed a few kids back then, but as an adult now I... well it just doesn't seem right.

Personally I don't see them killing this kid off. What ever purpose he serves for being crammed into this story is more important than merely allowing some villain to kidnap or kill him. We have only seen a glimpse of what the kid can do. The kid is almost like Hulk, the angrier he gets or when his mother is threatened he may go off the deep end and cause some real damage. I mean poor Brutus, that piano must have hurt.

Honestly what would killing him solve? Nothing. Singer isn't stupid enough to mishandle Jason and I highly doubt we'll be having a Superboy on our hands. Honestly you guys are acting like the overall tone of Superman Returns, gloomy and angsty, not to mention you are all expressing your opinions rather immaturely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"