BvS Should this have a Batman Villian and if so who should it be?

BTW, I'd like to point out that Nuke the Fridge (who was VERY reliable with Man of Steel news, even getting some set videos from the desert scene) reported back in May that WB was considering Lex Luthor and The Joker as the villains of JLA, with the possible logline being:

But of course, now that we know Batman will feature in MOS2, this story (which officials are said to be very fond of) may have actually been for Man of Steel 2, rather than JLA.

killer croc?:cwink:

ЯɘvlveR;27002547 said:
killer croc?:cwink:

Ugh
I'd love to see croc in a movie,but I'd hate to see them go that rout with him.

Edward Nygma or Temple Fugate.

Clock King?! Cool powers, but he's so powerful, he'd have to work alone.

I loved his appearances on BTAS but I want a more iconic Batman villain for BvS

I honestly feel that, if ANYONE, it should be The Joker.

Plus, as far as him having a villain, I think its some what necessary in order facilitate his arrival to Metropolis.

For some reason, I just don't see him teaming up with Superman to take down Lex unless there was an additional reason for it. Lex is a bad guy, but I don't think that there's anything that could give Batman a conflict in that rivlary without it feeling forced.

He needs a villain from his own rogues gallery involved in order to make it personal.

Plus, in the first Superman/Batman movie, it would just feel right for Lex Luthor and the Joker to be the villains together.

I'm beginning to come of this way of thinking as well. I know there are fans who are against it , but if you're going about this BVS route , and you're going to bring a Batman villain into the mix, you're really gonna need a villain who would give Superman a hard time or be a big enough threat to warrant him having to potentially tangle with them as well, even if they're only human. Frankly the only Batman villains I can think of that would fit both criteria would be Joker, Ras Al Ghul and the LOS, Talia Head, and Bane.

In terms of a threat great enough to require Batman and Superman to work together , I would actually say a Lex/ Doomsday created by Lex /Bane combination would truly raise the stakes and cause the **** to hit the fan in Metropolis and Gotham .

The creature that killed Superman and the man who broke the bat would be pretty lethal combo ,but we just had TDKR so the Bane thing aint gonna happen.

Joker and Lex were the first villains that came to everyone's minds when this film was announced, and that's not necessarily a bad thing to pick the most obvious villains.

I'm allll for that rumor of Lex and Joker with some creature (hopefully Bizarro)

I think this is the perfect place to reintroduce Joker. If he's introduced in the solo Batfleck films, it'll inevitably be compared to The Dark Knight and Heath. But if he's introduced in BvS, there's a little less pressure because he's being introduced in a completely new and fresh way

I think it's way too soon for Joker. It's only been 5 years since the last one, 7 by the time the movie comes out.

Joker would crowd the film and put too much focus on the Batman side of things. Other bat rogues deserve a shot before Joker ever makes another appearance.

There was 19 years between Nicholson and Ledger and im not saying you have to wait that long next time but that kind of wait really helped. TDK was out in 2008, so I would give it til the early part of the 2020's for the next Joker appearance. Referencing him through dialogue or hearing a maniacal laugh in the halls of Arkham is fine, but physically we shouldn't see him for a while.

Let them do this Batman vs Superman and eventually a Justice League. At some point at the end of this decade let them pump out a solo batman movie with a villain or two that Nolan didn't use. No Joker yet.

I think a 7 year gap is long enough. Sure there fans and people who will compare Heath to the new guy, but that'll happen whether the gap would be 7 or 17 years.

I wouldn't have a problem with Joker being introduced in BVS , but any villain they bring in should fit the story and be useful for the MOS world as opposed to putting them in for fan service. In that sense , if putting Joker in kinda derails things then I wouldn't think it would be a good idea.

But the fact he's been used before isn't enough for me to be against Goyer including him. If they have a good story to tell in which he has a real contribution to it, then I'd rather have him in there then trying to put in someone like Black Mask or ManBat just because they haven't been done before.

On the the other hand , if Goyer and co come up with an original villain who's good enough to stand with the best of the best rogues then I'd be okay with that as well. That route could work because you could tailor the character to work in both the Superman and Batman world's without having the baggage of trying to shoehorn a square peg into a round circle.

I dont. It's not about comparing one to another, it's about giving other characters a chance to shine instead of rehashing the same character over and over played by different actors. Joker will always be a movie villain, a staple in Batman universes to come...there's no need to rush him out.

I think it's way too soon for Joker. It's only been 5 years since the last one, 7 by the time the movie comes out.

Joker would crowd the film and put too much focus on the Batman side of things. Other bat rogues deserve a shot before Joker ever makes another appearance.
Yeah, it's just too soon. I want other Bat villains.

At some point at the end of this decade let them pump out a solo batman movie with a villain or two that Nolan didn't use. No Joker yet.
Why does people want the Nolan villains again? There are talks about Bane, and there's a Joker obsession.
Why can't Penguin, Riddler or Freeze get a time to shine?

I think a 7 year gap is long enough.
Well, in the future five years will be enough, then three, then just one single year.

gonna need a villain who would give Superman a hard time or be a big enough threat to warrant him having to potentially tangle with them as well, even if they're only human. Frankly the only Batman villains I can think of that would fit both criteria would be Joker, Ras Al Ghul and the LOS, Talia Head, and Bane.
The Nolan villains again, hahaha.
Joker isn't the only maniac with mind games, you know. I'm sure Riddler can be just as difficult for Supes.

The Nolan villains again, hahaha.
Joker isn't the only maniac with mind games, you know. I'm sure Riddler can be just as difficult for Supes.

As for Joker being a "Nolan villain" , he's a Batman villain who had been done twice in live action films before anyone heard the name Chris Nolan. So has the Riddler and Penguin, so its not like they haven't had their shot before. But if the arguement is based purely on someone who Nolan hasn't used ,and if the Riddler fits the BVS story that Goyer is cracking, i'd be for it. Ultimately what matters is the story and the villain or villains have to work in the context of that story.

Last edited:
Riddler Clayface heck even Talon or Wraith would be cool

Deadshot or Deathstroke, I wouldn't want one of Bats more iconic villains to get in, but Deadshot or Deathstroke would be a great addition.

I'm adamant about wanting Deathstroke to be saved for Teen Titans, I think TT will happen within ten years

I'm on of the few who wouldn't mind getting a pure VS movie. These two slugging it out for the entire movie.

I'm on of the few who wouldn't mind getting a pure VS movie. These two slugging it out for the entire movie.

the-one-thing-critics-are-getting-wrong-about-man-of-steel.jpg

so use him twice, he's enough of a BA to warrant it.

True. Yeah I'd be happy to see him, he's one of the best DC villains.

But I feel like if Superman is going to be facing off against his nemesis in BvS, shouldn't Batman be against his too? Or at least a villain that's mainly a Batman villain. I want Deathstroke to appear in this universe, and I'd guess that he will at some point, but I don't know if this is the perfect place for him. I do like the idea of Wilson being hired by Lex to kill Batman if he does end up in the movie though.

if the Riddler fits the BVS story that Goyer is cracking, i'd be for it. Ultimately what matters is the story and the villain or villains have to work in the context of that story.
If Riddler (or Penguin) is in the film, he will fit the story because he's an actual part of it.
Goyer doesn't complete the script first, and then add the villains

If Riddler (or Penguin) is in the film, he will fit the story because he's an actual part of it.
Goyer doesn't complete the script first, and then add the villains

Scripts go through several phases and re-writes and things can be added and subtracted , directions can be changed , and more to the point, the studio can mandate changes including additions so that the villains after a script is completed. It then goes through re-writes so a script can be an evolving process.

That said, I'm pretty sure Goyer knew who the villains would be before he started writing the script so I'm not concerned about whether they fit the story. My point is more towards the idea of throwing villains in just because Nolan didn't use them or because we haven't seen them before.

My point is the story and the goals Goyer has for the story is more important than fan preferences , and Goyer has recently said as much anyway. That said, I doubt we're gonna get Riddler or Penguin anyway, but I can see why some fans would want them in the film.

My vote is, no.

However. Luthor hiring an Assassin to get rid of Batman is interesting.

If they go that route, the obvious assassin would be Deathstroke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"