Should this movie have a science advisor?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
A lot of movies these days have a science advisor. Even Thor: the dark world had one! I would love it if Aquaman had at least a marine biologist on board to help make the trench look like an authentic deep sea creature.

Even stuff like how aquatic characters move and how gills work and stuff like that would make the movie even cooler

Oh boo this topic didn't exactly take off like I hoped it would :(

I agree. there should be an advisor on board it always helps make things more.. not realistic but believable within the context of the film. There should be physical mecánics and biology taken into consideration for every creature designed. They probably looked at hundreds of deep sea organisms( Mariana trech stuff) to guide them in the design process

Last edited:
If AM eats fish, does it make him a cannibal?

You gotta ponder these smoke filled questions.

Yeah I'm sure there a bunch of scientists at the centre of marine science around the corner who would be happy to do it

Ha, yeah they can recreate this scene

IMG_3550.jpg

Yes! I want an entirely accurate depiction of an aquatic, half-human, Atlantean King! :argh:

In all seriousness though, yes. Although these concepts are - quite literally - fantastic, it always helps to bring them as close to reality as possible at least as far as appearances are concerned. It all helps sell it that little bit more.

I would actually be interested to see if there's a compelling reason as to how he can dive and rise so quickly without getting compression sickness.

Maybe his head is full of spermaceti like a sperm whale! Would help protect against concussion too probably

The natural environment near the Ocean's floor has little sun-light, just to give some idea..

35hkyrm.jpg

Last edited:
Colors are affected too, which explains why images taken a depth of more then 80 feet don't look as colorful, most of the wave-lengths (colors) of sunlight are absorbed so they can't be reflected off the objects making them appear Blue-ish.

idzmuw.jpg

Last edited:
I would actually be interested to see if there's a compelling reason as to how he can dive and rise so quickly without getting compression sickness.

Maybe his head is full of spermaceti like a sperm whale! Would help protect against concussion too probably

At greater depths, the pressure increases and the lung capacity to carry Oxygen decreases.

c9bbdf89fa20ed448ef0f554f038ac47.jpg

A quick comparison of five Oceans on Earth.

marine-pollution-state-of-indian-ocean-copy-3-638.jpg

If Atlantis is located in Mediterranean Sea, as given by Wiki -

Most theories of the placement of Atlantis center on the Mediterranean, influenced largely by the geographical location of Egypt from which the story allegedly is derived.

Then it is not too deep as the Mediterranean Sea has an average depth of 1,500 m.

You betcha they're gonna have scientific advisers!! Terrio did his research for accuracy for JL (which was mostly scrapped, I guess *sigh*) and you can bet they'll do the same for this, it's kind of standard procedure for these types of movies with directors who give a damn about making a good movie, so yeah....

But what's been haunting me for days now is...

Honestly. I need to know.

They could start by hiring Micromind :D

They also need to hire Polux to sit in the writer's room and ask important questions like what do they eat and where do they defecate

you know stuff the audience thinks about :funny:

They also need to hire Polux to sit in the writer's room and ask important questions like what do they eat and where do they defecate

you know stuff the audience thinks about :funny:

Like what Last Jedi did with the source of the green milk and... fishing? No thank you lol. Let's just focus on what's important.

Like what Last Jedi did with the source of the green milk and... fishing? No thank you lol. Let's just focus on what's important.

I know less after seeing that green milk scene than I did before seeing it :funny:

I know less after seeing that green milk scene than I did before seeing it :funny:

I don't think I want to remember what I've seen :p For some reason, my eyes feel assaulted.

I don't think I want to remember what I've seen :p For some reason, my eyes feel assaulted.
Same :) Let's hope nothing in this movie is as gross

Though with Wan's love for horror...the sea creatures will probably make us fear the sea for eternity :)

I could see the trench going in for a bit of cannabilism. Plus inevitably old Arthur is going to get his hand cut off. Other than that I couldn’t see much more of a need for an ick factor

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"