Should this Superman kill?

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by gkokujin, Aug 24, 2011.

?

Should this Superman kill?

1. No.

2. Yes, its about time

3. He should Find a way to send them to the Phantom Zone

4. Other (explain)

5. No.

6. Yes, its about time

7. He should Find a way to send them to the Phantom Zone

8. Other (explain)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superman_200

Superman_200 Superman

He isn't selfish. He is supposed to be more of a God than man as Superman anyway. He has no other home, just Earth and the people he loves are human. If he were to kill any of the 3 aliens, he is killing aliens who supposedly
    killed his parents
    and have killed others. He would be killing people who are as strong as him and there are 3 of them. How is that not even self-defense?

2. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

No it would be rather pointless and unauthentic to just make him kill for the sake of being edgy IMO anyway.

3. SuperFerret

SuperFerret King of the Urban Jungle

Even given that story (which is hopefully not true), Superman wouldn't kill. No, wait. Especially given that story, Superman won't kill.

And he shouldn't kill anyway in the movie, as it's not representative of his character.

And you're still not addressing why he should hold humans on a higher pedestal.

4. nikdavies15

nikdavies15 GreekinWelsh

I know we're talking the new Superman, but with people commenting about Superman in general as well, didn't he kill Zod and the others in Superman II.....(?)

His human values should mean he never kills, but looking at humans today, who knows what a modern day Superman is meant to think....!

5. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Wasn't there a rumor that said Kal-El's ship has the means to open up portals to different galaxies and it ends up realeasing Zod and co from the Phantom Zone? Might explain what's going on in Smallville.

6. Sam

Sam Im Always Around

No! You dont change that.

7. Superman_200

Superman_200 Superman

He is raised by humans. He believes in humans and he should hold them on a higher pedestal because no one poses a threat to him so he doesn't really need to kill a human in self defense and humans compose the only world that he knows. It would be kind of like a man among dogs. A man would kill say a dog that was tearing him to pieces in self defense but if he want a man wouldn't harm a dog. That is a bad analogy but the question your asking is strange, it is basically, why isn't Superman willing to kill people? Well, he doesn't need too. But same principle. He is raised by humans, loves humans and it is the only world he knows. Would he kill them? No, why would he is a better question. No one poses a threat to him, but even a monk would probably kill someone in self-defense, it is only natural.

Police kill in self-defense, men kill in self-defense, everything that can kill will kill in self-defense if needed. Its nature, its to survive.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  8. Superman_200

Superman_200 Superman

I really don't know. I don't know how anyone knows anything about the story at all. I don't even know how people know theres
    a tornado scene.
    I need to see these things told officially. How could rumors be getting out when no one has read the script other than the actors?

9. Sam

Sam Im Always Around

Incredible.. ppl complain about a damn red trunk, but wants Superman to kill!

They get upset about a tiny detail, but wants to change his essence... go figure!

10. SuperFerret

No. The question is why would Superman (an ALIEN) choose to place another species (HUMANS) on a pedestal over all other species (EVEN HIS OWN)? Superman is able to see that non-humans can be people too, and that killing them is the same as killing a human, and since (as you said, though you're horribly missing the why behind it) he wouldn't kill a human, he wouldn't kill a non-human.

Also, you're really barking up the wrong tree here with the nature and survival stuff. Yes, if ABSOLUTELY necessary, a police officer will kill someone. Same with most people. Same with Superman, but you're forgetting that we're talking about the new Superman movie here, and he shouldn't kill in the movie because it's not in his character and the movie serves primarily to display his character to new audiences. If he kills in the movie, people will think he does it all the time.

11. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Well, he DID kill Doomsday.

But the battle was never about Supes trying to kill the monster. It was about subduing him in way he could. Doomsday died from exhaustion.

And in Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow, he killed Mxyzptlk. This resulting in Clark 'killing' Superman, because 'Superman NEVER kills'.

Superman fights till the end, but never kills. It goes against his nature and destroys him.

12. Superman_200

Superman_200 Superman

If he doesn't kill in the movie, thats fine. But my point is that he doesn't kill anyone unless it is in self-defense. If it is him or the other aliens, what is he supposed to do then? I am saying in self-defense, that is what I am saying. How does that not make sense?

13. SuperFerret

He would still find another way. He would do everything he can to not kill them before he even considers killing someone.

14. M.E.H.Z.E.B

M.E.H.Z.E.B Banned Usèr

The only killing I want this Superman to do is at the box office. :o

15. Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes Well-Known Member

No no no. It would go against everything he is. He is no killer.

16. TenFold

TenFold Active Member

I wouldn't mind. Just a pure hard r rated version would be sick

17. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

:awesome: Gotta keep the suits happy.

18. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Have you met Lex Luthor? :awesome:

19. X Knight

X Knight Dark Knight of the Hype

NO!! NO!! NO!!

Superman does NOT kill!!

Superman should NOT kill!!

The ONLY time where a death of someone ( like a villain ) is acceptable would be if it's because of the villain's own doing. That is, Superman tries to save the villain, but the villain's ego, arrogance, etc. leads him to his death.

Superman, above all, should value life and should NOT be a killer......

20. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

Go away.

21. jjgravitas

jjgravitas Well-Known Member

Kill? No. Superman is not about killing, even if his enemies are. Superman has Kryptonian technology at his disposal via his fortress. One of the gifts that the Smallville series gave us was the notion that the Fortress was much more than a dead crystal structure that showed pictures or played recordings. Even Donner's version included technology for removing Kryptonian powers. I would prefer to see a Superman who has mastered Kryptonian technology and can use it to dispose of villains who are too super to be laid low by a super punch. Super fights are so seventies. Send 'em to the 'Zone, Supe!

22. TruerToTheCore

TruerToTheCore Well-Known Member

Superman doesn't kill, except -- sentient robots (only organic life counts!) and Bizarro (because he's not alive, technically) :cwink:

To answer the question: No.

23. Superman_200

Superman_200 Superman

Its all in the context. What I meant specifically by that is that obviously I was saying all the time "Superman should kill only in self-defense", so why does he not kill humans in self-defense? Why does he hold them on a pedestal as he put it? Because in self-defense, he doesn't need to kill a human. Superman should kill in self-defense, and I don't see how this is anything new since he killed Doomsday supposedly although he seems to reappear later on in other comics apparently or was alive all along. But that is not the point, he "kills" Doomsday (apparently) and it is in self-defense. I don't see why facing Zod and Faora and apparently a third villain as well, I don't see how that wouldn't be in self-defense.

24. Astrodust

Astrodust Well-Known Member

He should get to kill robots and mindless beasts. He should also get to kill Zod but only unintentionally. I don't want to see him hit Faora at all.

25. DIRECTOR

DIRECTOR Well-Known Member

why is everybody thinking that Superman REturns sucked because Superman didn't punch anybody??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.