Should War Machine get his own film?

I’d like to see Rockwell back. I thought he was hilarious last time but he’s a top actor and certainly capable of much more.

Oh, now things are moving forward here.
Rhodes in his own show.
Thanks Marvel (and Disney)!

Will some other heroic characters from past films appear in cameos/supporting parts?

I'm pretty neutral on the idea of a War Machine film, which to be fair is better than how I feel about some characters. I liked Terrence Howard better in the role than Cheadle, to start with. Years ago when this was discussed I said that they would need to figure out a way to make him more interesting because there just wasn't a lot there, and I guess that's still the same situation he's in now, but I don't feel like Civil War really did him any favors in this regard. His whole "do what the government tells us to do" thing isn't much of an action hero mentality. Like, people call Captain America a boy scout, but he's still a boy scout who acts of his own volition. Rhodey is so much of a by-the-book team player that I don't know how you get out from under that.
Blame the writing of his character. They could have given us more on why he was so gung-ho pro-accords.The ending of the film helped sell his character more with a distinctive disability that they casually mention in future films.

Don Cheadle is awesome as coked out eighties con man broker mo in black Monday.

Cheadle is certainly charismatic enough to lead a show or movie but rhodey would need some good writing to make him more of a compelling lead.
^This

Are they going to have multi verse Rhodey played by Terence Howard in this?

That would be pretty funny. I hope if they do a movie or maybe even in his series. We finally get to see the famous Tank drop in person.

"Boom, looking for this?"

Are they going to have multi verse Rhodey played by Terence Howard in this?
Hahaha, it would be awesome and confusing at the same time. It's the same Rhodey despite actor change.

Why not go all in and have Norton back, appearing next to Ruffalo?
Tim Roth is already returning in She-Hulk series.

Hahaha, it would be awesome and confusing at the same time. It's the same Rhodey despite actor change.

Why not go all in and have Norton back, appearing next to Ruffalo?
Tim Roth is already returning in She-Hulk series.

Might as well throw in Bana in there too.

Might as well throw in Bana in there too.
THAT, I would LOVE.

Seing Bana returning after all these years, I would feel struck, a fog inside my body. I would just sit there in the chair and gasp, while my inside is about to explode.

Edit: Oh, don't forget Ferrigno, from Bixby-verse

THAT, I would LOVE.

Seing Bana returning after all these years, I would feel struck, a fog inside my body. I would just sit there in the chair and gasp, while my inside is about to explode.

Edit: Oh, don't forget Ferrigno, from Bixby-verse

Are they going to have Ang Lee's inflatable Shrek Hulk too in exactly the same CGI style? Professor Hulk would wonder why he looks so fake and so tall.

Imagine if Ang Lee got his original wish of having his 15 ft Hulk running around with no pants.

Are they going to have Ang Lee's inflatable Shrek Hulk too in exactly the same CGI style? Professor Hulk would wonder why he looks so fake and so tall.
CGI is surely better now than 17 years ago. :funny:

Imagine if Ang Lee got his original wish of having his 15 ft Hulk running around with no pants.
:eek:

Time travel then? Not going to Bana-verse and see an older Bruce?

I read that as Banana-verse at first and wondered what that was. I suppose we'd end up seeing him crossing over then:

BananaMan_Introduction_Shot.JPG

I read that as Banana-verse at first and wondered what that was. I suppose we'd end up seeing him crossing over then:

BananaMan_Introduction_Shot.JPG
Banana-Man joining MCU.
It would be such a weird thing to happen that we can't even imagine it, and therefor something that can be considered true greatness by default.

Now, back to the question. Would you only want Banaverse/Leeverse to be included through going back in time?

Banana-Man joining MCU.
It would be such a weird thing to happen that we can't even imagine it, and therefor something that can be considered true greatness by default.

Now, back to the question. Would you only want Banaverse/Leeverse to be included through going back in time?

They can be included through the multi verse like Maguire and Garfield.

Glad Rhodey will be the lead. I just wish sometimes it wasn't Cheadle. Cheadle, as much as I love him, isn't Rhodey to me.

Still looking forward to Armor Wars though.

Glad Rhodey will be the lead. I just wish sometimes it wasn't Cheadle. Cheadle, as much as I love him, isn't Rhodey to me.

Still looking forward to Armor Wars though.
You prefer Terrence Howard?

You prefer Terrence Howard?

In some ways yes. Though I never really saw him as the perfect Rhodey either. IMO Howard had better chemistry with RDJ though. Or more fun chemistry rather.

Oddly enough I always thought Idris Elba should've been Rhodey and not Heimdall. Not that I didn't like him as that character, just that he was somewhat wasted as that character.

He will have his own Disney+ serie Armor Wars

I prefer Rhodey to have a serie instead of a solo movie

I just dont forgive Endgame for making War Machine so useless. No action scene during final battle. Absolutely no one!

Don Cheadle is as dissimilar to comic book Rhodey as Chris Kattan would be to comic book Marc Spector. I don't understand the casting. I would speculate that they didn't want anyone who could draw attention from Robert Downey jr. If so, mission accomplished. But it doesn't make me excited for a War Machine movie. And I collected most of the 90s and dark reign era books.

No. I find the character uninteresting. Like Cheadle a lot and he's a really talented actor, but, for some reason, it never clicked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"