Should we see the ghost of Hayden Christensen

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' started by Spider-Fan83, Nov 15, 2012.

1. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Dapper

Darth Vader died as an old man, Anakin died on Mustafar.

2. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

That's such a shame about Brandis. I didn't know he was up for the Anakin role. I actually think he was a really talented young actor but unfortunately, I think he fell into a depression because he wasn't able to shake the "kid actor" stigma that so many people who grow up in the business go through. But he was the best thing about the lousy Seaquest TV show, and he even made a Chuck Norris movie watchable. RIP

Nope, hated Grievous, and Leapfrog Dooku was one of the worst things I've ever seen in a movie.

3. Pink Ranger

Pink Ranger Happy Mothers' Day

Pattinson can be a good sinister character (Cosmopolis is a lousy movie, but if you wants to see RPatz as a true psychopath, it's good for that). Although maybe he'd be TOO good at being evil to play Anakin; the audience has to believe that there is some goodness left in him even at the end, whereas Pattinson would likely have come out as full on evil.

4. Nathan

Nathan ...

Full on evil would have been better than whiny, *****ey evil.

5. vantheman77

vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

We may as well get ghosts of Yoda, Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker in Episode 7.

6. Gianakin_

Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Everything but Mace. He wasn't even close to discovering the secret of immortality.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  7. Superwoman Prime

Superwoman Prime Damaged Beyond Repair

This argument still exists? Geez.

Then you're saying that once Vader killed the Emperor, he remained Vader, and went back to being Anakin only after he'd physically died.

But as the unmasking scene proves, Anakin was reborn once he threw the Emperor down the shaft. The movie spells this out crystal clear.

Anakin. Was. Last. Alive. AS. An. Old. Man.

8. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Dapper

Sorry that I have never been on any kind of Star Wars boards.

Geez.

9. Superwoman Prime

Superwoman Prime Damaged Beyond Repair

Wasn't directed at you so much as that defense of the Special Edition change that's been floating around for... eight years now? I apologize if I was offensive.

10. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

I'm in the boat where Anakine came back when Luke unmasked him. I think that's the complete circle so it's fitting to see poor Sebastian Shaw at the end as a Force ghost. Personally it's meaningful.

By putting Hayden there, I 'get' the argument but I just don't buy it. It seems like a contrived way to connect the OT to the PT even more. It's an arbitrary change.

What's even more, some of the changes that were made were crazy weird (besides the CG enhancements, some that I liked.). Like in 'Empire', Lucas added new scenes of Vader ACTUALLY leaving cloud city and arriving at the Super Stardestroyer (which is a different take of the opening shot in 'Jedi') after his duel with Luke. Why?

It didn't do anything for the movie, and it ruined the pacing. We KNEW Vader was going back to his ship already, so.. why show it? We're not dumb and it's self explanatory. My point is that, this particular new scene wasn't a change that Lucas has been waiting for decades to do. It was just arbitrary.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  11. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Dapper

You're fine.

The ghost change wasn't the one I was offended about, it was every other one of them.

12. souperman

souperman Side-Dish

45+- is old!!! Vader was just hitting his prime...

granted he looked way too old. Bad choice of casting and makeup imo for the original reveal. Looked like he was wearing a hat! They can glue arms and legs on you in that Galaxy far far away, but they don't have any plastic surgeons? I know, Sith don't care about such things as closing a wound properly.

... look familiar?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...in space, no one can hear you scream... "get me a plastic surgeon!"

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  13. Pink Ranger

Pink Ranger Happy Mothers' Day

Not to start an OT debate, but let me play devil's advocate: Why would a being "more machine than man, twisted and evil" care about plastic surgery or scars? The way I see it, once Vader lost everything: his beloved, his children (he thought), his arms, legs, face and humanity, everything about Anakin no longer mattered to him. The parts of him that were still flesh, like his face, were as inconsequential to him as the old milk in your fridge that you still haven't thrown out yet.

14. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

LOL, Old Vader looks like the illegitimate child of Michael Jackson and Marlon Brando.

15. HowardStark

HowardStark Well-Known Member

16. HowardStark

I would be ok with Ewan returning as Ghost Obi Wan for they could make him up older.

[​IMG]

17. HowardStark

R2 taking out the battle droids, Yoda vs Sidius. Obi Wan Cutting Punk Anakin in half almost and Yoda taking out the 2 Clones on KKryshak like he had been waiting to kill a couple.

18. Destructus86

Destructus86 Well-Known Member

The Yoda vs Sidious scene was amazing. But I also thought the Yoda vs Dooku scene was fantastic.

19. darknight7.1

darknight7.1 Well-Known Member

This is what I hope for as well!

20. TinkerTailor

Replacing the line "Bring my shuttle" with "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival" baffles me in every which way that is imaginable to the point where I hate it more than any other change to the OT.

Also... No no no to Hayden's ghost. The argument that the 'good' Anakin Skywalker died while he had the long haired, fallen angel appearance of ROTS should be negated by that fact that prior to his ROTS look he killed a bunch of "women and children" Sand People out of hatred and anger in AOTC... If we were going to go back to the time when Anakin was entirely innocent and without corruption he would still have his Padawan braid.

21. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

I hate the replacement of Shaw with Hayden (And I'm pretty much a Hayden supporter) so I'd have to say no.

If anything,I hope Yoda returns as a Force Ghost to give a little advice to Luke at one point when the going gets tough.

22. HowardStark

It almost looks disturbing the glare he is giving his own kids.

23. HowardStark

I liked the whole Grievious and Obi Wan Fight. I did like and think Windu had a great death. Its just too bad they made Vader look like a punk. When I imagined Vader as a child. I imagine him being the type that over powered his enemies not cut someones hand off when there back was turned.

24. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

Yeah the change to 'alert my shuttle' sends the message home. The new change does nothing for the film and ruins the editing along with pacing. It's such a weird change.

25. Destructus86

Destructus86 Well-Known Member

I don't think they did enough. First it should be him dsying "Alert my shuttle" then showing the shuttle flying off. And then show him walking off the shuttle, then show him having a cup of coffee through a sippy straw. Finally show him getting ready for bed.