The Force Awakens Should we see the ghost of Hayden Christensen

I would be ok with Ewan returning as Ghost Obi Wan for they could make him up older.

ObiWan.jpg
I, of course, support u :woot:

Funny, with all the Hayden hate, I'd expect more people wanting to see his ghost.:hehe:

I still say there is no point to it. We already had Anakin's story...it's done. It's up to Luke to pass on what he has learned, that's what Lucas has said was meant to be.

I wouldn't mind him returning. He's not the greatest actor, but in a minor ghost role he'd be fine. He wouldn't need to handle all the romantic stuff that led to his most stilted acting. And since he's really the only one left with a connection to Luke, if they want a ghost, it's going to be him. Unless they want to get McGregor to replace Guinness, but that would be weird.

Come to think of it, Luke taking advice from a kid who is his father would be weird, too.

I assume that we'll see a Yoda force ghost, since if they can't bring Vader back they'll want another iconic character to return.

Liam Neeson would be an awesome return character but would seem really weird for him to skip out on the middle trilogy altogether.

No Anakin ghost. If we do get his ghost it will be Hayden. I'd much prefer McGregor Kenobi force ghost

No Anakin ghost. If we do get his ghost it will be Hayden. I'd much prefer McGregor Kenobi force ghost

I don't see us getting that either...Obi-Wan already passed on what he had learned to Luke...it's now Luke's turn to pass on what he has learned to the next generation

I never hated them putting in Hayden at the end of ROTJ, but what's always bothered me is that he looks completely out of place as he never looks at the same direction as Obi-Wan/Yoda. It's like they didn't even try.

Hayden claims they used an early screen-test footage of him as the force ghost, hence why he's in traditional Jedi threads and looks like an idiot.

Obi-Wan as a force ghost needs to happen, like yesterday.

Also, people need to stop bashing poor Hayden. It's not his fault that Lucas can't write dialogue...

They need to stay as far away from the things that made people hate the PT. Less CGI, less geen screen, less annoying aliens who talk like babies, and yes less Hayden Christensen.

I want to see Anakin's fall to the dark side shown in a holocron to Jacen Solo and see him talk to him in Episode IX

They need to stay as far away from the things that made people hate the PT. Less CGI, less geen screen, less annoying aliens who talk like babies, and yes less Hayden Christensen.

pretty much, there seems to be a lot of prequels fans that think the new films won't work without having things relating deeply to the prequels in the films, and this is just simply not true. The prequels really didn't settle into pop cultural immortality the way the originals did. You see lots of TV shows that have an episode that parodies A New Hope, or Darth Vaders classic line in Empire. Theres also lots of Jabba the Hutt jabs and parodies of the Emperor. The only aspect of the prequels I've seen make it's way deeply into pop culture ironically enough is Jar Jar.

According to Lucas the whole 6 movies were the tale of Anakin Skywalker and now with ROTJ ending Anakin's story I don't think we need to see him in ghost form (unless maybe in flashback but from behind), therefore I'd prefer if we see him that they re-cast him.

But then again it's been almost 8 years since ROTS that I think Hayden has experienced more as an out of work actor.

I know most people hate the three Movies he was in and hate his acting But the man who he replaced only played the character just five minutes

Not entirely true, Ben K.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dtGyLfawgs4&desktop_uri=/watch?v=dtGyLfawgs4

I think besides Jar Jar, the PT movies landmark bits are Duel of the Fates, Darth Maul's fight and the whole "Darth Vader for the first time". Not as many as the Original Trilogy, agreed on that.

Also, Attack of the Clones has none and I hate it.

I may have said this in another post but I have acknowledged the only things from the prequels to become rooted in pop culture are Darth Maul, Jar Jar, and Vaders "NO". Two out of three being there for bad reasons.

I'm good with Hayden's ghost as Luke's confidant, I mean something basically has had to show Luke all the things about Jedi he couldn't have possibly known.

But gees Mark Hamill has about 40kg to lose in the next 18 months if he doesn't want to screw the film as fat Luke

I'm good with Hayden's ghost as Luke's confidant, I mean something basically has had to show Luke all the things about Jedi he couldn't have possibly known.

But gees Mark Hamill has about 40kg to lose in the next 18 months if he doesn't want to screw the film as fat Luke

He may have bit longer than that given the films not coming out til May 2015 and Luke most likely will not be the protagonist. They can just be clever with how they shoot him and what he's wearing, then shoot all of the scenes where his poor physique would be revealed, second unit photography.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"