Solo Should we Younger versions of Classic characters in this film?

Mysteryman

Avenger
Reaction score
Young Lando?
Young Chewbacca?
Who should play them?

Young Lando?
Young Chewbacca?
Who should play them?

If Lando is in the film then he has to be younger.:huh:

As to who? Got me there - I can't even picture anyone but Ford being Solo.

I'm not against the film - it is just that I don't have the vision to think who couks so it. :)

However I don't believe the latest rumours that an announcement is coming anytime soon. The film is a year away from shooting and this casting has to be spot on - Lucasfilm are in no rush.

As to Chewbacca? He looked exactly the same in TFA as he does in the OT so I think he'll look pretty much the same in this film which is set only a decade or so before ANH (according to Kasdan).

I think Maz will be in the film and I'm interested to see how they work that relationship with Han's attitude to the Force we see in ANH.

And I'm praying that Hondo has a part too - he just belongs in a Han Solo story. Maybe Han and Chewie are responsible for the downturn in his fortunes that we see in Rebels (Or was the reason given in that episode?

Last edited:
It would be awesome to see a younger Lando.

Leia's presence would probably create a canon error.

Donald Glover for Lando. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Alden Ehrenreich Emerges As Front-Runner For Han Solo Film

http://deadline.com/2016/04/star-wars-han-solo-movie-alden-ehrenreich-frontrunner-cast-1201737425/
Hail%20Caesar.jpg

Cool, heard he was amazing in Hail Caesar!

I can definitely dig it. I just hope this works out. This is going to be real acting challenge. If it's pulled off, it will be a major triumph in film.

Last edited:
Young Lando?
Young Chewbacca?
Who should play them?

Chewbacca looked the same in Revenge of the Sith and was still played by Peter Mayhew. Only he will be playing our favorite wookie but as for Lando, he'll most likely be the same age as Han and I would want to see Corbin Bleu play Lando.

We already saw baby Jabba.

I think this is going to be the easiest film to make. As long as the kid captures the character( doesn't have to look just like him ). I think just putting him in familiar Star Wars universe and wearing the black vest suit are most important. It's funny. I know guys have more than a couple of outfits but I think you gotta give the kid the " a new hope" suit.
You guys have such excellent suggestions. I never thought of Hondo. He could be excellent.
I think this movie writes itself. Starts out imperial , ditches, saves Chewie from slavery, the card game vs. Lando to win the falcon?The famous Kessel run.
Han, Lando and Chewie could be the mains. Imagine who else they could put at the card table. Great opportunity to make some memorable minor characters that would have dntire books written on them because they said one line. Ha.
I'd personally like to see Bib Fortuna at Jabba's side, Greedo, Bossk and Ig-88 in the movie. Oh and Cad Bane and Embo would be awesome. If Cad Bane isn't part of the future I'd use him, Embo, and maybe short circuiting, not killing Ig-88.
Jabba ( imho) is a must and make sure he's the Jedi godfather type, instead of the special edition version.
I think they should definitely have a fight vs Boba.

Last edited:
It would be nice to see Han become a trusted smuggler of Jabba's and his favorite which then we could see why Greedo and others dislike him/want him dead.

It also would be nice to see how Han won the Falcon from Lando and met Chewie.

Han and Lando in the mornin'

Amazing casting news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"