show me an action hero movie in which the hero having a kid works.

The Mummy Returns, Aliens, The Legend of Zorro, Independence Day, The Crow, Gladiator, 28 Days Later.

These films did relatively well financially, so it could be interpreted that they did well, overall.

There are plenty of films where the hero being a parent works.

Die Hard for one.
Terminator 2 is a great example.

There you go, two of the best action films ever made.

... This wouldn't be about Spider-Man in the comic books being a Dad would it??

You can also add Heat and Equilibrium to that list.

TheBlueWolf said:
And what is with these endless HOOK comparisons. HOOK sucked!!! It was NOT a box office smash either. The story concept was cool, but ultimately it sucked...I think it has something to do with Dustin Hoffman, he was a bad choice for the Captain.

[Billy Madison]You know what? YOU SUCK! :mad:[/Billy Madison]

I'm pretty sure Bruce Willis had kids in the Die Hard movies but you never seen them, those would be the best kind:up:

What about the Spy Kids movies, when the kids end up kicking more ass than their parents?

Last Action Hero and...

Hook is my favorite Peter Pan movie of all time. That movie rules all sorts of ass and Dustin Hoffman was the BEST part of that movie.

The INCREDIBLES!!!!

THAT MOVIE ROCKED!!! AND IT DELT WITH A SUPERHERO COUPLE AND THEIR CHILDREN!

AND GUESS WHAT!!!!

IT WORKED!!!!!

hehe sorry if i went a bit crazy on this :O

The Incredibles is what the Fantastic Four movie should have been.

I dont really understand the topic. Was it supposed to be hard to name movies like that?? Because its not.:o

LordSimen said:
Hook is my favorite Peter Pan movie of all time. That movie rules all sorts of ass and Dustin Hoffman was the BEST part of that movie.

Agreed. Dustin Hoffman was inspired as Captain Hook. Just an amazing performance. He brought so much depth to that role I think it really brought the movie together. In my opinion Hook was a classic movie that should never have been as good as it was.

sf2 said:
and don't give me "it didn't work last time doesn't mean it can't work today." that kinda crap.

Yeah. We wouldn't want to bring reason into the discussion.

Funny how the threadstarter suddenly has nothing to say once people pour in his thread and flat out prove him wrong...

The Lumberjack said:
What the hell was sf2 trying to prove?

That movies where the action hero lead has a kid suck
I think it all comes down to what the kids purpose is and how old he/she is
If they are kidnapped or just background characters and not obnoxious little smart mouthed punks who miraculously kick ass then they are ok

T2
True Lies
Aliens
Indy 2
Jurassic Park
Hook
Minority Report
JawsGladiator
The Untouchables
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Man on Fire
Road to Perdition
Peter Pan itself (all kids except for Jason Issacs and Richard Briers there)

and going into other genres

The Sixth Sense
Thank You For Smoking
Paper Moon

And there have been many others.

Oh anad for the record anyone who says that Hook is b ad but then calls The Punisher (one of the biggest pieces of crap in the last decade) a good, and not just good, great movie.....just wow.

Independence Day. 3/4 of the protagonists were parents. Hell, I think Jeff Goldblum's character was the only "hero" that didn't have kids.

Leto Atrides said:
Independence Day. 3/4 of the protagonists were parents. Hell, I think Jeff Goldblum's character was the only "hero" that didn't have kids.

Good point, and technically he could be seen as a child, as his own dad played by Judd Hirsch was one of the cast members, too. There was also an important dynamic illustrated by father and son between those two.

Temple of Doom is the best example. Short Round was not biologically Indy's son, but it was very much a father/son relationship.

Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Commando movie, the whole point of the movie was that his child played by a younger Alyssa Milano is kidnapped by some bad guys & Arnold literally has to take on a whole army to get her back.

Robo Cop, Alex Murphy had a son & when he became Robo Cop he could no longer have a normal relationship with his son, so that made it sad. They could have cut out all of the Robo Cop having a son out of the movie & it wouldn't have hurt it any.

Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"