Show your love for your mom's cooking!

LadyVader

Smile like you mean it.
Reaction score
So my mom is making cabbage tonight. :) It is amazing to me how my mom can take something as plain as a cabbage and turn it into a real good meal. She makes some tomato sauce, adds a little bacon, spices, a pinch of sugar and voila. The freaking thing is delicious. :)

She's the type of mom that if the only things in the house are two patotes, a carrot and a handfull of flour, she'll turn that into a fourcourse meal... with desert!

I wish that skill was hereditary. But I'm legally bound not to go anywhere near a kitchen. What with the fires and all... :)

Since I graduated and have begun to move in my own direction, my mom hasn't cooked a meal in quite awhile. :(

My mom is going to teach me how to make her tacos this week!! :up: :D

My mom can't cook for ****.

My dad, on the otherhand, is a great cook.

my mom burns everything to death....you name it can burn it...fish...pork...pepsi...chips...

Lord Valumart said:
my mom burns everything to death....you name it can burn it...fish...pork...pepsi...chips...
My mom does that too.

Thing is, she'll put chicken or something in the oven, set the timer, go up stairs leaving the timer in the kitchen, and then when the food gets burnt, get pissed at the timing for not ringing loud enough. :huh:

How about I just show some love for your mum:o

I'm a better cook then my mom :p

mmmmm...burnt Pepsi.
I had piping hot Dr. Pepper the other day, but burnt Pepsi....

Gamma Ray said:
Bacon? That's some HEALTHY eatin'!

I said a little bacon!

You boys are just too jaded, from a culinary perspective. Yall need some home cooked meals.

unstoppable said:
ya can't go wrong with bacon

especially in a good sandwich

My mom needs to teach me the recipes for her curries before I go to college :mad:

My mom cooks okay, whenever i get to head home.

But my Grandma, well her cooking is addictive.

agree, grandma's cooking is always the best

My mom is an okay, but extremely inconsistent cook. She'd cook up an amazing plate of fried chickens with broccoli one day, but the next day, they would taste completely different.

My grandma, on the other hand, is the best cook I have ever seen. She cooks perfect Thai. You'd think her own flesh and blood would inherit her amazing cooking skills. Apparently not.

My mom was not a great cook, but my grandpa, he was the best. He made the best english muffins from scratch, and baked bread. His split pea and leek soup with home made croutons was the best stuff to eat when it was cold outside. Plus whenever we went to eat at his house there was pudding for dessert. He made my favorite meal of all time too. Short spareribs and white cheese macaroni casserole with spicy tomato sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. When he died though we lost his english muffin reciepe. No one knows exactly why they were so chewy and good

:hellboy: my moms cookin rocks. she has owned her own restaurant for the last 12 years. the border taco in del rio, tx. mmmmmmm my grandmas cookin is even better, but.... my 96yr old great grandma is like the Yoda of the culinary force. she makes these mini pumpkin pies....damn..now i wanna visit home...

I am a mom :mad:, no other mom's precede me.

My mom has a spaghetti sauce that is loved by everyone who tries it. I mean that literally, too. I honestly have never heard anyone say anything bad about it. I've learned to make it, but nowhere near as well as she can. When I move out, I'm gonna have her Fedex me some. (better than cookies...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"