• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sidkumar's Fanart thread

sidkumar

Civilian
Reaction score
This is an unfinished version of what I plan to enter into this month's contest.

thegoldenage.jpg

I still need to add more shades, supe's heat vision and some sort of background but this is basically it. Let me know what you think.

A couple of months back I was approached to work on a black and white graphic novel. This ink was based on the brief given to me. I didn't get the job but I think the drawing looks pretty good.
thefight1.jpg

Here's a superman I did based on The Question's design with watercolours.

supermanredesign.jpg

thats a nice superman but his face reminds me of Kim Jong-Il

i agree. thats awesome. (i think he needs some Earth-2 grey streaks)

Thanks Cobblepot, Zolland

Now here's a Bizarro based on The Question's design

bizarro.jpg

I like the bizzaro picture.. Just out of curiousity, is bizzaro more paler than supes? Or is he a direct clone of supes without deformity?

Cool artwork by the way!

he's pretty much a frankenstein's monster version of superman...so he's pasty

Zolland said:
he's pretty much a frankenstein's monster version of superman...so he's pasty

Cool! Im actually thinking of being bizzaro for halloween.. no one i know ever been bizzaro for halloween! :D

SithXKosan said:
Cool! Im actually thinking of being bizzaro for halloween.. no one i know ever been bizzaro for halloween! :D

i just recently got a bizzaro t-shirt at my local comic store. its the exact same as the classic superman t-shirt but the S is backwards.....................i actually had a professor who knew that it was bizzaro. everyone else thought i bought a defective shirt :(

Zolland said:
i just recently got a bizzaro t-shirt at my local comic store. its the exact same as the classic superman t-shirt but the S is backwards.....................i actually had a professor who knew that it was bizzaro. everyone else thought i bought a defective shirt :(

LOL.. I know exactly which shirt youre talking about.. :D

Zolland said:

LOL

Here's the finished verson of my march entry

goldenage3.jpg

Let me know what you think!!!

The only thing I dont like is the heatvision. He doesnt seem to be looking in the direction that they are shooting and the fact that they weren't a part of the original lineart makes them stand out. Otherwise this is excellent:)

Yeah I had to fiddle a lot with that.

Couldn't come up up with a heatvision effect I really liked so I stuck with that.
I actually moved the heat vision to the left to cheat a bit. I realised supe's neck was abnormally twisted like it should have snapped off or something in the original pencil so I shifted the heat vision to counterbalance that.

not to mention, eyes arent always looking forward. id say as long as the rays are parallel then its possible.

oh yea p.s. it looks great.

a good way to do heat vision is to use a tutorial for making a lightsabre. i recall that working out alright.

It looks good! My fear of that happening is standing where the heat vision hits! :D

Here is my interpretation of The Question's redesigns of Batman, Catwoman and Robin. I hope it's close to what he wanted. Only linework, didn't have time for shade or colours.

batfamily.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Dude I love the artwork, you so rock. The colour is wicked, the ink is cool, the drawings and ideas are wow.

:venom: Baggers :venom:

Zolland said:
oh yea p.s. it looks great.

a good way to do heat vision is to use a tutorial for making a lightsabre. i recall that working out alright.

Could you send me a link for this tutorial?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"