Silent Hill

I probably won't see it in the theater--I'm too big of a ***** and would probably embarress myself in front of a big audience.

I'll just wait until it hits the movie channels, watch in in my room, and hide under the covers. :o

To me, that'd be a more scarier way to watch the movie.

I am afraid of the dark if I'm by myself, not so often now, but I still am, but when I'm with heaps of people I'm cool with it. I recommend seeing it in the theatre. That way, you can get desensitized to it all so you can enjoy it later on on DVD.

Unfortuantely, that's what happened with me and War of the Worlds...

Dakota just CAN'T scare me anymore...:(

Actually, they have holes in their face for breathing and seeing so it's all good. The Gray Child looks scarier. WTF!

And The Janitor. Could anyone give me the origins behind those characters (Dahlia, Nurses, Janitor, The Red Pyramid, miners etc.) please? Very interesting...and it's cool to see Deborah Kara Unger in it :up:

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
And The Janitor. Could anyone give me the origins behind those characters (Dahlia, Nurses, Janitor, The Red Pyramid, miners etc.) please? Very interesting...and it's cool to see Deborah Kara Unger in it :up:

i second that... i've always been interested in the Silent Hill stories, just the games never caught my attention enough to play through them.

*chills* This movie is going to be creepy as hell....I can't wait!!!

It looks good. Hopefully its as scary as it appears to be.

I'm not holding my breath, not because video games movies have sucked (even though that's true), but because Hollywood just doesn't know how to make something scary anymore. It's all about how grossed out the audience can get. I find excessive gore and disgusting imagery only makes it easier to laugh at the goofiness rather than be scared. The Silent Hill games knew how to psychologically scare you (a rare find), Hollywood on the other hand doesn't. If they remain faithful to the game then it will work, but if they just make it a cheesey gorefest then I give up on horror completely.

kainedamo said:
If you mean this year, I don't think this year has been very good for movies at all.
The year has barely begun dude :rolleyes:

From IMDb.com:

Release dates for Silent Hill (2006)

UK 21 April 2006

USA 21 April 2006

Belgium 26 April 2006

France 26 April 2006

Hungary 27 April 2006

Germany 11 May 2006

Russia 11 May 2006

Thailand 18 May 2006

Netherlands 25 May 2006

Sweden 2 June 2006

Finland 9 June 2006

Brazil 23 June 2006

Iceland 4 August 2006

Argentina 31 August 2006

Australia 31 August 2006

it sucks how we get it late August...though I think that might be wrong.

I just got the first game today in excelent condition, as if I had bought it from a shop. The graphics are of course, of its time, and the movement and controls are a bit shoddy and klunky, but it is a pretty good game so far :up:

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
From IMDb.com:

Release dates for Silent Hill (2006)

UK 21 April 2006

USA 21 April 2006

Belgium 26 April 2006

France 26 April 2006

Hungary 27 April 2006

Germany 11 May 2006

Russia 11 May 2006

Thailand 18 May 2006

Netherlands 25 May 2006

Sweden 2 June 2006

Finland 9 June 2006

Brazil 23 June 2006

Iceland 4 August 2006

Argentina 31 August 2006

Australia 31 August 2006

it sucks how we get it late August...though I think that might be wrong.

Nice, April, sooner than I thought.

Wow, these months have gone by very fast. Only 19 days left until Silent Hill and I'll definitely be there opening night.

Can you believe that before it seemed like a long wait, now we're so much closer to SH, X3, and Superman Returns? Time flies when you're not thinking about them as much.

However, Silent Hill looks great and I have a feeling it'll maintain the frightening atmosphere of the game. :up:

LastSunrise1981 said:
Wow, these months have gone by very fast. Only 19 days left until Silent Hill and I'll definitely be there opening night.

Can you believe that before it seemed like a long wait, now we're so much closer to SH, X3, and Superman Returns? Time flies when you're not thinking about them as much.

However, Silent Hill looks great and I have a feeling it'll maintain the frightening atmosphere of the game. :up:

That's because there have been such good movies tying us over. Not to mention T.V, Games and comics.
:up:

XwolverineX said:

That's because there have been such good movies tying us over. Not to mention T.V, Games and comics.
:up:

That's very true too. :up: Plus with constant new pictures, articles, and etc, it makes the wait a lot less grueling.

Imagine what it would've been like without the internet. :)

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
Silent Hill: The Official Game of the Movie based on the Game?

Nah,the game is not the offical game of the movie,it's just Slient Hill,came out a couple of years ago.This movie will do great no doubt,will not be another dissapointing game to movie "MOVIE".Can't wait.

Doesn't look too bad and it has Sean Bean in it which is a bounus cos he's a good actor..

A. FURY

I haven't seen one poster, nor any TV Promos. WHat up with that?

^^^They been showing alot of promos on tv lately,i'm surprize you haven't see any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"