Similarities i found between Spider-Man 3 and Superman 3

ChocheTheHero

Civilian
Reaction score
I was re-watching some bits of Superman 3 and i found some similarities between Spiderman 3 and the third Superman movie...

-A blonde enemy who hates the hero. Brad in SUM 3. Eddie in SPM3.

-The hero, now a bad, negative person. Superman cursed by that special Kryptonite in SUM 3, and Spiderman by the black symbiont.

-In the two movies, there´s a similar scene: Smallville gives the Special Key (i don´t remember exactly...) to Superman, and New York gives the Key of the City to Spiderman.

-In both movies, two special girls for the heroes, Lara Lang, and Gwen Stacey, are making her first appareances in the franchises.

And... Well, nothing more at the moment... Add more if you can :)

Both movies (SM3 and Supes 3) were not as good as the previous two.

Superman and Spider-Man both wear red and blue.

And don´t forget the robot-lady transformed by the machine, similar to the Eddie transformed by the symbiont.

they both have the same gender:wow: ,

or maybe not:huh: , well u never know :wow:

They both make "black bad" and are thus racist!!!!

They both have a 3 in the title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've noticed similarities to the plots of the the Superman and Spider-Man movies as well. I mean Superman and Spider-Man 1 were origin stories. Then both of the second movies were about the heroes loosing their powers, and then the third was about them both turning evil. Let's just hope the fourth one doesn't involve Spider-Man trying to destroy all the nuclear weapons in the world.

Haha...these similarities were spotted by the likes of myself and a few others long before sm3 was even released and has been commented on many times. This thread is kind of useless.

I thought the Superman-Spider-Man threads were over.

Guess I was wrong.

-In both movies, two special girls for the heroes, Lara Lang, and Gwen Stacey, are making her first appareances in the franchises.

Lana is in Superman 1.

In Superman 3 Clark is seen near grass, in Spider-Man 3 Peter is seen near grass.

The similarities are intresting, certainly.

However, there are really three main stories that can be told about a superhero.

1. The origin
2. The hero stops being a hero (loses his powers or gives up)
3. The hero turns evil

I was re-watching some bits of Superman 3 and i found some similarities between Spiderman 3 and the third Superman movie...

-A blonde enemy who hates the hero. Brad in SUM 3. Eddie in SPM3.

-The hero, now a bad, negative person. Superman cursed by that special Kryptonite in SUM 3, and Spiderman by the black symbiont.

-In the two movies, there´s a similar scene: Smallville gives the Special Key (i don´t remember exactly...) to Superman, and New York gives the Key of the City to Spiderman.

And... Well, nothing more at the moment... Add more if you can :)

To build on that...

1. Hero is given key to the city in parade.

2. Hero is effected by strange alien substance that comes to earth via meteorite.

3. As a result, hero becomes corrupt, angry and vengeful. This comes in the middle of the film, and the hero is restored for the climax.

4. Hero's costume is darkened to reflect turn to the Dark Side.

5. The hero's secondary girlfriend is introduced as a main character and suggestions are made about her role in future films.

6. Hero is finally more aggresive and self-confident when telling his editor what he wants from his job.

7. Cocky blonde loser sets his sights on secondary girlfriend and is furious when the hero wins her affections.

8. Secondary and primary girlfriend meet in a short scene. Primary girlfriend is threatened but tries to remain polite, secondary is all innocent and smiley, hero is oblivious to it.

9. Film begins with a lifelong loser who, early in the film, stumbles into discovering a great power to use in his quest for money. He joins with other bad guys to use this against the hero, but he eventually reconciles with him.

Just try doing that to the whole franchise. It's amazing-especially with the second one. Raimi himself has stated howmuch he loved the dick donner superman flicks

Just try doing that to the whole franchise. It's amazing-especially with the second one. Raimi himself has stated howmuch he loved the dick donner superman flicks

And there will be a Spider-Man 4.

We're all thinking, dreading, the same thought at this point, aren't we? ;)

Another thread that was discussed over a year ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"