Since Ang Lee is popular again...

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Ang Lee is popular again, because he made an extremely hyped up film that is going to be behind The Pacefier in terms of gross?

Buh?

Sava said:
do you realize that the lines you just said that Huk should say sounds guitared, really, i hate the way Hulk talks in the comics sometimes. to have the hero say stupid one liners and the end of some action scene is crap, its old. Hulk didnt have a sad look in his face when he was with Betty, go watch the scene again, he was happy. You cant compare Hulk to guys from Die Hard and Terminator. Hulk was fighting with machines and animals in the movie, what the bad place was he going to say without sounding stupid?...

A guy with the mentality of a 5 year old saying "Leave me alone or I will smash you!" sounds stupid?

Sounds spot on to me.

I've heard rumors that people do talk between fights.

It's too painful to watch the scenes where the Hulk does his Harpo Marx imitation when he should have been saying something...anything. I don't care...give a weather report....the guy can talk. He had nothing at all to say to Betty? Nothing? THAT...is stupid. (And go with a "happy look" if that makes you feel better...the same complaint applies. He couldn't say something?)

If you prefer the TV show Hulk over the comic Hulk then you're disqualified as a Hulk fan. There has never been a reason for the Hulk to be a mute. It makes no sense for the title character to have zero personality. They don't call it "The Incredible Bruce Banner" in the comic...they didn't call it "The Incredible David Banner" on the TV show ("David" Banner? Yet another stupidity in a long line of them on that show.)....they didn't call the movie "Bruce Banner". (But they may as well have.)

The Hulk has feelings and a personality of his own. All that has to be left out if you choose to make the Hulk a mute. Do they think the Hulk and King Kong are the same character? (Ang must have thought he was signed to remake King Kong since he was trying to make the Hulk as big as Kong.)

JeetKuneDo said:
A guy with the mentality of a 5 year old saying "Leave me alone or I will smash you!" sounds stupid?

Not only stupid but idiotic.

JeetKuneDo said:
Sounds spot on to me.

I'm not impressed by this piece of info.

JeetKuneDo said:

So?

Hulk's not a person for a starter.

And people talking between fights does not make it a golden rule.

I've heard rumours that people don't talk between fights because they can be pun ched in the face while wasting time in that way.

JeetKuneDo said:
It's too painful to watch the scenes where the Hulk does his Harpo Marx imitation when he should have been saying something...anything.

That's your personal oproblem to have to be over-explained about everything. Rest of people with a brain don't need it.

He could be saying something. Like? Hulk is bored? Hulk is sad? Oh Hulk feels so alone? Puny humans, why do they bother Hulk?

Any other moronic over-obvious line talked in a Tarzan-like idiom?

JeetKuneDo said:
I don't care...give a weather report....the guy can talk. He had nothing at all to say to Betty? Nothing? THAT...is stupid. (And go with a "happy look" if that makes you feel better...the same complaint applies. He couldn't say something?)

When you're a creature who uis pure rage, what can you say to Betty? Hulk sad? Hulk kinda remember this girl?

He could say something.

he don't have to say something.

JeetKuneDo said:
If you prefer the TV show Hulk over the comic Hulk then you're disqualified as a Hulk fan.

And you're disqualified as a debater and brain owner.

JeetKuneDo said:
There has never been a reason for the Hulk to be a mute.

There has never been a reason for the Hulk to talk.

JeetKuneDo said:
It makes no sense for the title character to have zero personality.

That's because you think 'personality' is nonsense blah blah blah.

Which explains your nonsense babbling.

JeetKuneDo said:
They don't call it "The Incredible Bruce Banner" in the comic...they didn't call it "The Incredible David Banner" on the TV show ("David" Banner? Yet another stupidity in a long line of them on that show.)....they didn't call the movie "Bruce Banner". (But they may as well have.)

They didn't call movies 'Clark Kent' or 'Bruce Wayne', even so, those characters are the leading roles, my stupid friend.

JeetKuneDo said:
The Hulk has feelings and a personality of his own.

And he had in the movie.

It's just you thinking speaking is having feelings.

Did King Kong have feelings and personality? Yes, even when he didn't speak a word. Even more, the fact they don't talk makes their feelings far more potent on screen.

For people who can get art, not some ignorant average Joe like yourself.

JeetKuneDo said:
All that has to be left out if you choose to make the Hulk a mute. Do they think the Hulk and King Kong are the same character? (Ang must have thought he was signed to remake King Kong since he was trying to make the Hulk as big as Kong.)

And you thought every people here was stupid.

Again, you failed.

El Payaso said:
Not only stupid but idiotic.

I'm not impressed by this piece of info.

So?

Hulk's not a person for a starter.

And people talking between fights does not make it a golden rule.

I've heard rumours that people don't talk between fights because they can be pun ched in the face while wasting time in that way.

That's your personal oproblem to have to be over-explained about everything. Rest of people with a brain don't need it.

He could be saying something. Like? Hulk is bored? Hulk is sad? Oh Hulk feels so alone? Puny humans, why do they bother Hulk?

Any other moronic over-obvious line talked in a Tarzan-like idiom?

When you're a creature who uis pure rage, what can you say to Betty? Hulk sad? Hulk kinda remember this girl?

He could say something.

he don't have to say something.

And you're disqualified as a debater and brain owner.

There has never been a reason for the Hulk to talk.

That's because you think 'personality' is nonsense blah blah blah.

Which explains your nonsense babbling.

They didn't call movies 'Clark Kent' or 'Bruce Wayne', even so, those characters are the leading roles, my stupid friend.

And he had in the movie.

It's just you thinking speaking is having feelings.

Did King Kong have feelings and personality? Yes, even when he didn't speak a word. Even more, the fact they don't talk makes their feelings far more potent on screen.

For people who can get art, not some ignorant average Joe like yourself.

And you thought every people here was stupid.

Again, you failed.

Impressive amount of insults thrown at me instead of just debating the subject. We may need to bring in Freud for this one.

I suppose we could do it Ang's way. I wonder how that movie would turn out? I wonder if it would be ridiculed and considered Ang's worst movie? I wonder if a movie done that way would throw doubt into any possibility of a sequel? That's my prediction.

Oh...he did that already!

But I'm sure you and Ang are right. :up:

JeetKuneDo said:

Sounds spot on to me.

It's too painful to watch the scenes where the Hulk does his Harpo Marx imitation when he should have been saying something...anything. I don't care...give a weather report....the guy can talk. He had nothing at all to say to Betty? Nothing? THAT...is stupid. (And go with a "happy look" if that makes you feel better...the same complaint applies. He couldn't say something?)

If you prefer the TV show Hulk over the comic Hulk then you're disqualified as a Hulk fan. There has never been a reason for the Hulk to be a mute. It makes no sense for the title character to have zero personality. They don't call it "The Incredible Bruce Banner" in the comic...they didn't call it "The Incredible David Banner" on the TV show ("David" Banner? Yet another stupidity in a long line of them on that show.)....they didn't call the movie "Bruce Banner". (But they may as well have.)

The Hulk has feelings and a personality of his own. All that has to be left out if you choose to make the Hulk a mute. Do they think the Hulk and King Kong are the same character? (Ang must have thought he was signed to remake King Kong since he was trying to make the Hulk as big as Kong.)

if you think a character cant have a personality without talking then go watch Kingkong. When did i say that i liked the TV show Hulk more than the comic book one?... The Tv show Hulk was my frist exposure to this great character but isnt my fav. THere are things i liked about the TV show Hulk, and things i didnt. Its a personal thing, you wanted him to talk, my inpression of you is that you grew up reading the comicbook and him talking that way isnt a big deal for you. Thats fine by me, but there are others who arent, my guess would be that alot find him talking that way kinda stupid, here's this huge character who demands repect yet talks like a guitar :confused:. There are lines i've read Hulk say in comicbooks that make me cringe. IMO Hulk talked when he needed to, could he have talked more?, yes... but not in the way he does in comicbooks.

JeetKuneDo said:
Impressive amount of insults thrown at me instead of just debating the subject. We may need to bring in Freud for this one.

I suppose we could do it Ang's way. I wonder how that movie would turn out? I wonder if it would be ridiculed and considered Ang's worst movie? I wonder if a movie done that way would throw doubt into any possibility of a sequel? That's my prediction.

Oh...he did that already!

But I'm sure you and Ang are right. :up:

Well we are in spite of cheap franchises formulas.

If a sequel is your sign of a good movie then you're a walking pathetic joke.

El Payaso said:
Well we are in spite of cheap franchises formulas.

If a sequel is your sign of a good movie then you're a walking pathetic joke.

Not quite what I was saying. I'll have to be more specific. Pardon me if I come off as insulting in any way. You've been such a gentleman during this debate that I value your friendship very highly.

It is the desire for a sequel by both fans and movie makers that tells you something about how good the movie was. You hear any one talking about a sequel to Catwoman? How about Gigli? White Chicks?

A sequel to the Hulk should be automatic.

Not so...thanks Ang.

JeetKuneDo said:
Not quite what I was saying. I'll have to be more specific. Pardon me if I come off as insulting in any way. You've been such a gentleman during this debate that I value your friendship very highly.

It is the desire for a sequel by both fans and movie makers that tells you something about how good the movie was. You hear any one talking about a sequel to Catwoman? How about Gigli? White Chicks?

A sequel to the Hulk should be automatic.

Not so...thanks Ang.

Hitchcock's Psycho didn't have a sequel for 20 years. Terminator didn't have one for 7 years. Citizen Kane didn't have a sequel.

Were they bad movies?

Now, smash your head and give your brain a second chance.

El Payaso said:
Hitchcock's Psycho didn't have a sequel for 20 years. Terminator didn't have one for 7 years. Citizen Kane didn't have a sequel.

Were they bad movies?

Now, smash your head and give your brain a second chance.
Let's list these movies and see how it looks:

Terminator
Citizen Kane
Hulk
Psycho

Hmmmm...something doesn't look right here. How about if we rank them as they are regarded?

Citizen Kane
Psycho
Terminator
(one million spots later)
Hulk

Yes...you made your point. The Hulk isn't getting a sequel for the same reasons those other movies didn't. (You left out Gone with the Wind and Casablanca...that would have been even funnier.)

Let's not take the current movie climate into account or anything. Or the fact that any movie that is even moderately successful these days gets a sequel. Big Momma's House 2 anyone? The Ring 2? Bad Boys 2? Meet the Fockers? (Ugh...I have to stop...I'm becoming nauseated.)

http://www.toonswithguts.com/art/guitared%20mascot.jpg

"Look ma, baby JeetKuneDo did a joke"

Even so, you failed getting the point OR got it but avoided it since your brain had no answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"