Singers Vision Of Xmen 3?

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by boywonder13, Dec 9, 2005.

1. aaron bullet in your face

Pm lightning strikez or ant or some one, theyll tell you

2. aaron bullet in your face

Kongs got their moneys worth with weta hehe

3. Joined:
    Oct 9, 2005
    Actually probably not because it's a well known fact that Cummings hated working with Singer. He would've dropped out.

4. Electrix Registered

I can remember reading something about having Nightcrawler in X3 with each development Nightcrawlers role got smaller and smaller. I also think they wanted to get rid of Nightcrawler so that there wasnt a 'blue overload'.

Nightcrawler got his screentime and development in X2.

5. aaron bullet in your face

Now its beasts and angels turn, although i wish someone else could get some exploration and development aswell

6. aaron bullet in your face

Ill have to wait another 3 years :(

7. boywonder13 Registered

Maybe only 2 for Wolverine and maybe the Yougn X-Men in 2008.

8. Retroman Registered

Explain how you'd split screen time with 12 - 20 characters with out making it suck? Yeah sure, Cyclops could and probably should have had more screen time in X2 but people say the same about Storm, Rogue etc. You can't have it both ways, you need to balance things out with so many characters.Everyone wants to have their favorite character in the movies and everyones wants that charracter to shine. Thats logical.

I think Singer did a very good job of the movies + keep in mind(people always forget this)He NEVER got the kind of money that is been thrown at X3 now (200 M +). Danger Room, Sentinels, Angel, Beast, etc etc. were cut because they were 'too expensive'.

9. Retroman Registered

Yup, Gambit would have been in his X3 yes.

10. MoPlaYa Crazy Guy

well its dang near impossible to give everyone the same amount of screen time but IMO Cyclops,Storm and Xavier should have the most seeing how they are the leaders

11. lordofthenerds Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Yeah I've heard that the budget was $225m somewhere also.

12. lordofthenerds Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

I think that Ratners version sounds a little better bcause if Singer was to direct X3 you might as well call the movie Wolverine 3. I mean I got what I wanted to know with X2 and they are going to make a Wolverine movie anyway. But the things that I like about Singers version are Sentinels, Gambit and Nightcrawler.

13. MoPlaYa Crazy Guy

my problem with Singer has always been he never made the X-Men a team and work as a team....Hopefully Ratner can do that

14. Retroman Registered

So how did they stop Stryker and Dark Cerebro? I'm sure it was just Logan...

15. LivingInClip Registered

If Singer would of done it, it would be another Wolverine film using the X-men as backdrop characters and nothing else. I'll pass, thank you. Let him go screw Superman up..
    :mad:

16. Retroman Registered

Yes Superman is doomed:rolleyes:

17. Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

I would've been extremely dissapointed with this concept. To have Storm to go out as a weak, mousy, undeveloped cameo would have pissed me (and many others) off to no end. :down

I'm not happy with the idea of Cykes taking a back seat in X3 (if that is indeed what happens) but at least Ratner is giving Storm a more commanding, fierce role.

She'll actually get to have a personality this time it seems.

18. boywonder13 Registered

If they made Singers budget high his X-Men movies would have been alot better. We would have had Danger Room and Sentinels earlier.

I hate Fox!

:)

19. logansoldcigar Registered

Or at the end of Xmen. Sorm lifts wolverine to Magneto's machine. Jean uses her Teke to keep him steady, and Cyclops takes the shot that knocks out Magneto, enabling Wolverine to knacker the machine. looked like teamwork to me

20. LivingInClip Registered

If you ask me, it is. I thought Singer made two piss poor versions of X-Men and glad to see the series change hands. I just wish he wouldn't go butcher Superman now. And this is from someone who likes Singer's other films, but I think him not being a comic fan shows.

21. Retroman Registered

But you're biased being a major Storm fan and all.:)

22. Retroman Registered

Forgive me but i completely disagree.:down

23. Jan Irisi Registered

Opinion.

And if that was a wide ranging belief.....the second film would never have been made, and we wouldn't even be discussing a third.

Bottom line, the films may have disappointed some fans because they just didn't see what they wanted to see, but when the broader picture is looked at, Singer's films were not poor, they were well received, and also recognized right up there with the almighty Spider-man films.

24. Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

Doesn't matter. I'll feel the exact same way if Scott is vaporized in the first 20 minutes of X3. He too wasn't handled right and it's a shame.

Basically Storm and Cyclops have been bastardized in this series so badly that if they're finally fixed in X3 fans are not going to know how to accept them. And it's sad, considering they are the leaders of the X-Men. Of course, we all know they were pushed into the background was to make way for Wolverine to be leader...as if the first two films didn't focus on him enough. :rolleyes: So to have a third Singer film focus on him would've made me sick. :down

The ONLY good thing about this concept was Sigourney Weaver being cast as Emma Frost...that's a brilliant proposal. The rest? BLECH.

25. LivingInClip Registered

Almighty Spider-Man films? I hope that is sarcasm. That is another series that has been butchered to death in the course of two films.