Sir Ben Kingsley as Trevor Slattery

The Caped Knight

Shield Avenger
Reaction score
gettyimages-1334577127.jpg
Ben Kingsley reprising his role as Trevor Slattery from 'Iron Man 3' in Shang-Chi: And The Legends of The Ten Rings .

I wasn't expecting him to show up as much as he did. Wonder where he's going to show up again.

I think he's found his place in Tal-ow with the residential who can appreciate his brand of theatrical acting. Plus he got that sidekick pet.

I was really surprised to see this guy again at all, I'd always assumed that a followup to All Hail the King would just say he was dead. But man, I do love when characters are taken from their original context and thrown into a completely different one, it's so fun.

Weirdest / worst part of the movie.

I think his inclusion (and wig) were a terrible miscalculation.

To me it feels like they have totally wasted having one of the worlds best actors in the MCU, could have played many number of interesting characters but they went with................this.:dry:

It's very interesting to me that folks just straight up dislike Trevor. I always thought the big negative people had on him was more because of The Mandarin fake out than the character itself.

I’m fine with Slattery being a joke/bit, and that would have been fine in this movie. But he became a plot device too, which just felt odd and super shoehorned in.

I enjoyed (still do) Iron Man Three.

I found his comedy was great for the most part. I liked him in Iron Man 3 too, although I also wanted to see the real Mandarin (and Kingsley was intimidating when putting on that persona earlier in the film). This film fixes both as we get Trevor used in stupid fashion once again :D and we also get a very well done Mandarin.

I'm from Liverpool (and I'm a Liverpool FC supporter) so I got a real kick from Trevor being the same (I know it was speculated after IM3 because Trevor was watching a Liverpool game - but its nice to have it actually confirmed).

Audience in my cinema loved him.
When Slattery got distracted in Iron Man 3 and started celebrating that Liverpool goal I proper lost it. :hehe:

As one of the few fans of IM3, I've been hoping to see Trevor pop up whenever the 10 Rings were revisited ever since. And I'd imagined it would be in just this way. So I was thrilled to see him have such a big role here, he seemed very popular with the audience in my theater.

As one of the few fans of IM3, I've been hoping to see Trevor pop up whenever the 10 Rings were revisited ever since. And I'd imagined it would be in just this way. So I was thrilled to see him have such a big role here, he seemed very popular with the audience in my theater.

One thing I've definitely got to hand to the MCU is that they aren't afraid to follow up on plot points from their less popular films. At least, not anymore...for a good while early on it felt like they would never acknowledge The Incredible Hulk. But now they've got TIH, Dark World, and IM3 connections all over the place.

(Hopefully this means we'll finally end up seeing the Leader soon)

I was pleasantly surprised by two things.
1. Ultimately,Trevor was actually pretty useful, he got them through the forest!
2.How much he seems to care for the people of this village.
He really is sweet guy.

One thing I've definitely got to hand to the MCU is that they aren't afraid to follow up on plot points from their less popular films. At least, not anymore...for a good while early on it felt like they would never acknowledge The Incredible Hulk. But now they've got TIH, Dark World, and IM3 connections all over the place.

That's what I want.
BRING BACK THE LEADER!

I liked him in this and although Ben Kingsley is a brilliant dramatic actor, I have a feeling the whole reason he's part of these movies is he's allowed to ham it up and have a fun time.

It was nice to see what happened to good old Trevor following the events of IM3 and I loved his little pet.

Yeah, I moaned when I heard Kat Dennings’ character would be revisited but she was much better and I really enjoyed the link. Even the links to the less popular films have been working very well and just taking advantage of the unique comic-like advantages the MCU gives to films/shows.

Seeing a well done Mandarin in this film only reinforces just how badly they dropped the ball in Iron Man 3.

I had a hunch that Trevor might be appearing in this since the movie was announced considering I had a feeling they'd address the events of IM3 based on the title alone. I didn't expect him to play such a big part though, I thought it would have only been a cameo. The fact that only he could understand Morris was strange but his role didn't annoy me in the slightest.

I somehow was not spoiled that he'd be in this movie, which was great. He was a lot of fun. For people who hadn't seen All Hail the King, he was really necessary connective tissue.

People hate this character for some reason but it feels like the reason to hate him is moot after this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"