BvS Skepticism Regarding the Film - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the death talk stems from two things: rumors that Doomsday appears in the film and set photos of people standing around a destroyed Superman statue.

I think the death talk stems from two things: rumors that Doomsday appears in the film and set photos of people standing around a destroyed Superman statue.

Plus the Smallville graveyard scene rumor.

Oh I wasn't aware of that one.

I believe Bruce, Perry, Lois, Martha are seen on the Smallville graveyard set we saw in MOS. Granted it is said Henry was also there that day so, who knows?

Maybe it's a Dark Knight Rises death, lol.

In the next scene, Martha will go to Italy on vacation and see Clark sitting across from Lois at a cafe.

Wasn't sure where to put this...

If Superman goes rogue, maybe that's why Batman fights him and believes he's dangerous given whatever Superman will do when he turns loose, maybe by kryptonite of some sort.

Or maybe at first, it's just because Batman is irrational and paranoid, and simply doesn't trust Superman. That does make Batman a moron though.

But my skepticisim regarding the film...as to why they fight specifically...if you notice, and I've watched the trailer a few times. Both Wonder Woman and Batman are fighting Superman. Apparently Superman has aimed his heat vision at both Batman and Wonder Woman.

So Superman is the bad guy in this film which sucks. Similar to the plot in Batman Beyond when Superman guest starred, as well as The Batman.

I wanted to see a more interesting reason for why the two fight. Not because of Superman being infected by red kryptonite or something else. That's always been an attempt for the writers, because they are Batman fans, and root for Batman to be the hero of the story.

This is just all about competition. Who's better?

So if Superman turns loose, then that's again going to cause the world not to trust him and hate him again...sigh.

So if this is the case, then that means Batman will win the fight. I was expecting that maybe the fight would tie.

There's absolutely NO evidence that Supes will die in this film and don't get why many act like it's a given. It' a stupid idea either way.

I thought the death would tie many things up well. So more bold than stupid, imo. I see why people didn't want it - too soon - but the story perks could have outweighed that. It would help BVS stand on its own dramatically by being not just a JL prequel, but "the movie where Superman sacrifices himself and lets distrustful Batman learn from him" -- a full and unexpected arc for that friendship. It would justify the forming of the League even more. It would seal JL as an even bigger must-watch on account of wanting to see Superman return, just like X3 was after X2. It would immediately give Superman an interesting arc in JL: his return, initial powerlessness, resurrection of a "messiah", etc. And regarding Doomsday, it was actually giving the filmmakers credit to think that they wouldn't bring such a big baddie just for a big fight and fan service, without doing the one thing that makes that character meaningful.

But admittedly, it's looking less likely. The statue turned out to be a monument rather than a tomb and those funeral-ish set pics are probably just a procession to mourn the dead in MOS. Also, the trailer didn't hint at a death in the least. If it is coming, it's really under wraps.

It amazes me that people are still so easily deceived by the editing and content of movie trailers.

Gal Gadot is still far and away the worst thing about this movie.

She doesnt look the part physically, and obviously her acting will do nothing to make up for that. I dont care if she looked cool in the trailer, this is a Zack Snyder film, he made Emily Browning look badass.

She doesnt look the part physically, and obviously her acting will do nothing to make up for that.

xiAN4.gif

She doesnt look the part physically, and obviously her acting will do nothing to make up for that. I dont care if she looked cool in the trailer, this is a Zack Snyder film, he made Emily Browning look badass.

I was hoping for some forced perspective to make her seem more substantial, but none of the set pics suggest that. The costume needs more armor around the shoulders and upper torso as well.

Are you being serious? You believe Superman will be killed in this movie and won't be a part of the Justice League movie or other DC films within the near future?

Well, as I said in my other posts, I don't think he'll be "killed off" permanently. I know, without a doubt, that Henry will be back as Superman for Justice League: Part 1.

My beef at the thought of him dying (which I'm really starting to see as a strong possibility) is that if he "died" at the end of this film, that means that we wouldn't see him for awhile in "Justice League" until like the middle act (similar to when Thor showed up in "The Avengers" or when Vision showed up in "Age of Ultron").

Thus by having to spend precious screen time in his resurrection process for Justice League Part 1, it robs him valuable screen time of character interactions and all but ensures that Batman will be the leader of the group.

Forgive lee... I like him but he's a bit of a worrywart. He does this from time to time. He'll eat a Snickers and be okay.

Yep.

UJJ1V.gif

I always thought herolee was a female. :huh::csad:

D8ADUKt.gif

There's absolutely NO evidence that Supes will die in this film and don't get why many act like it's a given. It' a stupid idea either way.

The funeral picture is really strong evidence in my honest opinion. The fact that both Perry and Bruce are there somewhat throws away the theory that they're there paying respects to the people that died in "Smallville" during the battle in "Man of Steel". Bruce and Perry have no reason to be there for that.

And it couldn't be for Martha's death either because the two mentioned above have nothing in common with her directly.

So that leaves Clark who bites the dust. It was stated awhile back that Christian Bale was present when they filmed the funeral scene for Bruce in "Rises" so that they could throw people off and I feel like that's the same thing happening with Cavill being spotted there.

Well, as I said in my other posts, I don't think he'll be "killed off" permanently. I know, without a doubt, that Henry will be back as Superman for Justice League: Part 1.

My beef at the thought of him dying (which I'm really starting to see as a strong possibility) is that if he "died" at the end of this film, that means that we wouldn't see him for awhile in "Justice League" until like the middle act (similar to when Thor showed up in "The Avengers" or when Vision showed up in "Age of Ultron").

Thus by having to spend precious screen time in his resurrection process for Justice League Part 1, it robs him valuable screen time of character interactions and all but ensures that Batman will be the leader of the group.

Yep.

UJJ1V.gif

D8ADUKt.gif

The funeral picture is really strong evidence in my honest opinion. The fact that both Perry and Bruce are there somewhat throws away the theory that they're there paying respects to the people that died in "Smallville" during the battle in "Man of Steel". Bruce and Perry have no reason to be there for that.

And it couldn't be for Martha's death either because the two mentioned above have nothing in common with her directly.

So that leaves Clark who bites the dust. It was stated awhile back that Christian Bale was present when they filmed the funeral scene for Bruce in "Rises" so that they could throw people off and I feel like that's the same thing happening with Cavill being spotted there.
my gut feeling, it would be a happy ending.
if "the death" really happens, it would be at the mid of the movie.
c'mon, please let us see superman gracefully soaring in the sky, knowing the people has accepted him in the end.

I know where you're coming from, but if the death of Superman were to happen, I feel it would make his return the focus of JL, which would in turn make Superman the focus of the movie.

That said, I don't think the DoS will happen in BvS and find it more likely to happen in JL (if at all).

Except can you reasonably believe that from a story standpoint? Clark wouldn't make an effort to hide his identity from Perry White? Especially considering that Clark's articles could be treated as conflict of interest with regards to Superman's acts. Perry White really has no reason to be there in context of Superman's death.

Not to mention, Superman's death would be far more insanely publicized, you'd see figures like Lex Luthor there (reaffirmation that he is truly superior to Clark), and people who were saved by him. You'd also see people blow out his identity in the open, meaning that even if Clark's funeral was treated as a different thing, people would still be there.

There are just too many puzzle pieces that don't fit.

plus the rumor clark kent was killed in the movie.
Maybe it will be like that episode of STAS where Clark died, but Superman didn't, and he had to figure out how to revive his Clark identity without being exposed lol

Except can you reasonably believe that from a story standpoint? Clark wouldn't make an effort to hide his identity from Perry White? Especially considering that Clark's articles could be treated as conflict of interest with regards to Superman's acts. Perry White really has no reason to be there in context of Superman's death.

Not to mention, Superman's death would be far more insanely publicized, you'd see figures like Lex Luthor there (reaffirmation that he is truly superior to Clark), and people who were saved by him. You'd also see people blow out his identity in the open, meaning that even if Clark's funeral was treated as a different thing, people would still be there.

There are just too many puzzle pieces that don't fit.

Well my theory is that Perry either already knew that Clark was Superman but kept it to himself, or it's something that he learns later on in the film.

So if Superman did "die" at the end of the film, people who only knew about the Superman persona would mourn for him at the public place (statue), while those closest to Clark who knew his secret (Lois, Martha, Perry, and Bruce) would attend to Clark's private funeral in SV.

Well my theory is that Perry either already knew that Clark was Superman but kept it to himself, or it's something that he learns later on in the film.

So if Superman did "die" at the end of the film, people who only knew about the Superman persona would mourn for him at the public place (statue), while those closest to Clark who knew his secret (Lois, Martha, Perry, and Bruce) would attend to Clark's private funeral in SV.
if they really do the DOS in BvS, i think it will hurt the box office badly.
but i was always wrong about the box office estimate.

I've already started to accept this film probably wont be as good as Man of Steel due to the fact we're probably going to get a mindless killing machine villain with no character development shoehorned into the final act.

Luthor should have been the only villain, and the heroes should have worked together to foil one of his plots, not fight one of his lab experiments.

Oh well. If I prepare myself long enough for the disappointment, it will be alot easier to take.

I've already started to accept this film probably wont be as good as Man of Steel due to the fact we're probably going to get a mindless killing machine villain with no character development shoehorned into the final act.

Luthor should have been the only villain, and the heroes should have worked together to foil one of his plots, not fight one of his lab experiments.

Oh well. If I prepare myself long enough for the disappointment, it will be alot easier to take.

One could describe Zod as a mindless killing machine, in a way. :woot:

For all this talk of the funeral set pic, I dont remember ever actually seeing it and I have been following the production pretty hardcore. And even if that rumor is true, we have no idea the context of the shot anyways.

Anyways Superman isnt dying...besides the obvious stupidity of doing it and how illogical it is, if you kill him everyone knows he is coming back anyways so the death means nothing to the audience. It is a complete waste of time and ruins death in the universe. Making Superman Agent Coulson would be the biggest mistake the DCEU could make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"