Sleepy Hollow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap did i enjoy this show...but killing off clancy brown..a no no

I was pleasantly surprised with this show. Very enjoyable. Hope the next episodes don't drop the ball.

Dem ratings. :up:

Hope they hold up. Hope Brooklyn Nine-Nine does good tonight, too.

Watched it mainly for my future baby mama Nicole Beharie. Thought it was pretty decent so I'll be back for more.

Some moron on IMDB said due to the two black cast members it should be called "Sleepy Holla". :eyeroll:

I feel bad that I chuckled at it hours later though.

Two black castmembers?! Who directed this thing, Spike Lee?!? :cmad:

Dwayne McDuffie said more than three black people makes it officially a black show or movie, haha.

I guess we'll find out when Beharie's character's sister shows up. :funny:

Really, really liked this. Looks like it has a good plan with its mythology, and the effects and details look good as well. Hope the ratings keep up and this sticks around, because I would really like to see what they can do with the other Horsemen as well.

Loved it! Given what was said about the Witnesses waging a 7 year war against evil it sounds like they are hoping to get 7 seasons. I hope it does.

Yes, I was being facetious.

I just saw it and I thought it very cinematic and gave me a few anxious moments. I want to see how this develops in the future.

Looked up some info on that cutie Beharie , turns out she use to date Michael Fassbender. Abby and Magneto ? I can dig it.

Last edited:
She was in Shame with Fassbender as well!

Great premiere, it gave us enough background to set up both lead characters who are very likable (also hot in the case of Abby :hrt:), set it's concept out concisely, established tone and atmosphere and provided some action and humour, loved it! :up:

So now I can post this spoiler from the pilot

John Cho being in this is really weird. I mean, I know he's not a huge star, but I would think he would rate higher than a couple of minutes and a death scene. I guess maybe with his character being killed off, that scene has a bit more impact.

Regarding Cho,
there may be a chance he returns as maybe one of the acolytes or something since he was pretty much the Horseman's gofer.

Yeah, given the type of show it is there are definitely avenues to bring him back.

Two black castmembers?! Who directed this thing, Spike Lee?!? :cmad:

And neither got killed! :wow:

It started off well and it shows promise. It's not a slow build up of wtf is going on. Instead they tell you right off the bat what's going on in the long term while leaving it vague enough to continue to build the story up.

With Len Wiseman being credited as one of the creators and having a part in the writing side of the pilot, I wonder if he'll still be involved with the series going forward. With Hawaii Five-0, he directed the pilot and that was it basically, but he wasn't credited as a creator.

With Len Wiseman being credited as one of the creators and having a part in the writing side of the pilot, I wonder if he'll still be involved with the series going forward. With Hawaii Five-0, he directed the pilot and that was it basically, but he wasn't credited as a creator.

I read somewhere that he will be heavily involved.

That's good news about Cho, potentially interesting role for him as well. The creature that killed him at the end reminded me of The Pale Man.

Just watched on VOD. DAAMN so cool. Wasn't expecting to like it this much.

Pretty awesome, I loved it. I'm hooked for sure.

About Kurtzman, Orci, and Wiseman's involvement: In an interview with Collider, here's what they had to say concerning how involved they'll be in the series.
KURTZMAN: We’ve been extremely involved, in every aspect of it, from the minute it started, and we plan on staying that way. I think that part of what enables us to do that is really hand-picking the most amazing team. We have Mark Goffman, who is an extraordinary man and a very experienced showrunner. We have a writing staff that’s beyond compare. Every one of them is so invested and so excited to be there.

ORCI: We are writing multiple episodes, and Len is coming back to direct. Sometimes you find yourself in a band that wants to go to band practice more. This is that kind of band.

KURTZMAN: Also, whatever you tend to fall in love with, you want to stay with it, and I think we’ve fallen very deeply in love with it. The network has been unbelievably supportive of the show. They asked us early on, “Okay, you’ve got this idea for this really cool pilot. We need to know where it’s going. We need to know that you have a big plan.” And they would not pick us up, frankly, until we told them, “Here’s what’s going to happen in the first season. Here’s how we’re setting up the second season. And here are the six big tentpole moves of the first season.” Just by having to answer those questions, you come up with the six tentpole moves of Season 2 and Season 3, and suddenly you have this whole incredible canvas that you know you want to paint. The minute you get that invested, you’re like, “Oh, now I have to be there for all of it. I have to see how it all pans out.” So, we’re definitely here, and we’re in it.

WISEMAN: And I think it’s important to create and be involved in a show that is so tapped into the core fan in yourself that you can’t stay away from it. As busy as we get, if it’s three o’clock in the morning and the dailies are coming in, it’s something that you want to see as a fan, too. We’re all very much in that same boat. That’s a big part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"