Smallville at SDCC '07

RakuMon

Sidekick
Reaction score
It's nice to see Smallville getting some push at this year's Comic-Con.
I've felt The WB/CW had underused the event in the past. Fortunately, this year seems to be different. So this thread is for discussion pertaining to SV's presence at San Diego.

First off: Whitney at USA Today's Pop Candy had this to say about one of the hot ticket freebies currently going 'round:

"and the weekend's must-have bag appears to be this one advertising Smallville"

candybags.jpg

And after watching G4's live coverage of the con last night, I can confirm everyone was carrying those Smallville bags!

Hopefully someone can chime in on what exactly went down at the Smallville panel on Saturday. Here's the official description from the SDCC webpage:

Updated!
6:30-7:30 Smallville Screening and Q&A— Comic-Con favorite Smallville returns with an all-new screening and Q&A, featuring executive producers Al Gough and Miles Millar (both from Spider-Man 2) and cast members Erica Durance (Lois Lane), Justin Hartley (Green Arrow) and Phil Morris (Martian Manhunter). Special appearance by Laura Vandervoort (The Lookout), newly cast as Supergirl in the upcoming season of Smallville. The session will be moderated by Rich Sands of TV Guide. Produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television, Smallville airs Thursdays at 8 PM ET/PT on The CW. Room 6CDEF
Categories: Comic Books | Television

Also, I guess Kal's promo poster and Justice's DC Direct scoops can go in here as well?

Yeah smart idea.

I hope the DCD SV line is in scale with the rest this time. They were too short before and Clark was the only one who looked like the actor.

More news to follow from the SDCC...

Hopefully some prototype pics soon.

The line includes; Green Arrow, Arthur (Aquaman), Impulse, Cyborg, Bizzaro and Clark

Release Date; May 08

13" Green Arrow Figure also announced; not sure if its part of the SV line or the comic version.

This is great news, by the way. Ever since "Justice" aired, I had a feeling they'd be doing more SV figures. Also, I've wanted a second series because the old Clark figure is so outdated. If you don't remember:

277421504_7bc2c0748f.jpg

DC Direct's sculpting and articulation has improved so much in the last 5-6 years, that it was time to get a proper Clark figure. Also, it's almost guaranteed that the new Clark figure will be much more accurate in his trusty blue tshirt and red jacket.

Yeah this works out well. I had thrown the old one out.

The Red jacket and blue t-shirt is a given.

I wonder if theyll go the distance and scan the actors likeness for the sculpt.

I want one of those bags :o

Those SV bags & the cardboard shields for 300 were the most popular.

They should have put the \S/ front and center on the SV bag instead of the WB logo.

Oh well, the Superman/Doomsday one looks cool also.

Yep. The JLA with Clark and Bizzaro for May 08.

It seemed kinda random out of the blue but it's release date lines up with the SV season or series finale in May. It could be a tie-in or promotion.

woah wait DCD is doing SV figures?? :eek:
For a second time, apparently. Interesting release date too.
ponder.gif

"I don't think one is ever prepared for something like that. But it's fun. I hope it's durable."
- Tom Welling, on having his own action figure

For a second time, apparently. Interesting release date too.
ponder.gif

"I don't think one is ever prepared for something like that. But it's fun. I hope it's durable."
- Tom Welling, on having his own action figure

yeah the Series I ones were the ones they made of Clark, Lana, and Lex during Season 1. C'mon Pat, YOU dont have those? At least the one of Clark? :D

yeah the Series I ones were the ones they made of Clark, Lana, and Lex during Season 1. C'mon Pat, YOU dont have those? At least the one of Clark? :D
Nah. Too... [forgive me] kiddish for my tastes. I do however have the Jim Lee resin Superman. Now *that's* a beautiful piece. I was gonna get the Batman one off eBay, but it's too expensive, and I'm not a huge enough Batman fan to spend that kind of dinero. But the Supes one is wonderful...

dcsupeleemini.jpg

Nah. Too... [forgive me] kiddish for my tastes.

That's why you should have kids. You can pretend that you're buying it for them.

That's what I did. :O Although they do sit quite proudly on my son's night stand. But he gave me the Clark card and the Kryptonite that came with it.

Bless his little heart. :heart:

Clark is the best sculpt of that line. The Welling face is spot on.

Hoping the new one is even better.

LOL! Craig just posted more info on the action figures. Apparently, they're planning a Bizarro Clark figure as well.
wink.gif

I don't think Kyle Gallner is that big IRL, but that Clark figure does look like Tom. More so than the first one did anyway....

I do have a few dolls... err.. action figures myself.

;)

*waves hi to Pat*

But I keep them at work, mostly for something to look at when I'm talking to customers that's more interesting than beige cube walls.

bigthree461x346xn1.jpg

Love how well my new canon camera takes macro focus phots, by the way.

Those are like 3 or 4 inches high. Funny how the camera focused on WW's boobs and nose.

:ww: :super: :bat: :D

Anyway, I might buy the new smallville figures. I'm not much into action figures, I only really have a few, but owning a better looking Clark one might be worth it.

I gave my daughter the three from the earlier series and they're collecting dust in her room.

*sigh*

How interesting. Notice the hair style. That, combined with the picture they chose to place on the ComicCon ads makes me wonder if they're going for a new look this year for Clark?

Gosh, how cool would that be?

BTW... I wonder if those dolls will be painted eventually, instead of just being a single color?

I really like the JL costumes for all the guys so it looks like they'll be decked out in those. Also, Clark will no doubt be painted to be wearing his normal ersatz Superman costume: blue tee, blue jeans, red jacket....

I do like the different hair style too.

:up:

Its too big for you
not to wear. to put crap in and have it look decent in my room.

How interesting. Notice the hair style. That, combined with the picture they chose to place on the ComicCon ads makes me wonder if they're going for a new look this year for Clark?

Gosh, how cool would that be?

BTW... I wonder if those dolls will be painted eventually, instead of just being a single color?

i hope they will- i thought the colours were just a guide to the character :yay:

Course they will, those are only prototypes. I guess they wanted each figure to have the same size lol.

I like it. Really good detail. They'd make nice mini-statues;

236__scaled_600.jpg

Bizzaro isnt pictured though but I figure they'll use the Clark scupt and it would just be a repaint.

The sizes are somewhat consistent to scale; the Gallner Impulse one is noticeably shorter. So is Cyborg

238.jpg

Aquabro is the tallest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"