Smallville Smallville on DVD/blu-ray

RakuMon

Sidekick
Reaction score
I go away and find out that Smallville gets consolidated into one thread in the Misc. TV board. I come back and we have a place in the Superman board.

Anyway, since the original thread is buried somewhere, here's a new thread for talk about SV on home video.

Wanted to share that I broke down and bought the Complete Box Set at Best Buy (I know, right?)

Have to admit, I was one of the original posters to be vehemently against buying all the seasons on DVD again when they could have released an complete blu-ray set. Well, I still feel that way, but when I went to BB this morning, I was sold by the exclusive Blur 2.0 figure. When I first saw the ad, I thought it'd be one of those 3-inch figs that often come with the animated movies. Well, it's not. It's a six-inch figure that is compatible with DC Direct's other SV figures! In fact, if you have the other JLA figs (GA, Aquaman, Cyborg and Impulse), this Blur 2.0 fits in rather nicely as the leader of the nascent JL!

But don't get it twisted, I still want a complete series blu-ray set!

I have the first 9 seasons on DVD...will get the 10th when the price drops a bit (I'm on a tight budget)....but have no plans to get it on BluRay if it ever comes out on it.

Ya i got all first 9 seasons on dvd myself. I plan to get the tenth some time soon. As for the complete series set i definately want to get it. But dont want to blow all that money for it right now.

clee, 10th season is out on bluray like the last few series have done since i think 6th season. Its just as you recall maybe that the complete series is dvd only.

I remembered in the past, people were talking about how the first few seasons weren't on bluray....I was just saying that I wouldn't go back and repurchase them if they come out on it. I don't have a bluray player yet...and no immediate plans to buys one. And in my economic situation, I don't rebuy stuff because it's got a new prettier package or the like.

I'm planning on getting the complete series on DVD later. I sold my previous dvds a while ago but I'm going to wait until they drop the price for the complete set.

I have the first 9 seasons on DVD...will get the 10th when the price drops a bit (I'm on a tight budget)....but have no plans to get it on BluRay if it ever comes out on it.

I will get the full set on blue ray if if ever comes out... got them all on DVD, didn't see the point of buying the whole set again, although some of the featurettes I'd like to see.

:(

Just don't have the cash.

I love the complete series boxset, The packaging is very well put together. The disc art with a kryptonian symbol. The bookset dvd slipcase with key episode images really fits . I also like the addition of the newspaper of 2017 as well as the episode guide booklet.

That newspaper does sound like a nice thing.

I love the complete series boxset, The packaging is very well put together. The disc art with a kryptonian symbol. The bookset dvd slipcase with key episode images really fits . I also like the addition of the newspaper of 2017 as well as the episode guide booklet.

I agree. It's a very nice set and the packaging is top notch. The newspaper and action figure are nice bonuses. Still wish it was a complete set of blu-ray discs, but I'm not regretting splurging on the DVDs (again).

That said, if the BDs do come out in the future, I have a nice SV DVD box set for sale!

surprised I haven't seen of the action figures, newspaper extras showing up on eBay yet.

I thought they said no to Blu-rays due to having to redo original effects that were not rendered for high definition? It's too bad, I would buy them on Blu-ray, but I own enough of the seasons to make it not worth getting the complet set.

Last edited:
that is the bull reason they gave, though it could be the truth they didnt want to spend more money redoing 4-5 seasons worth of episodes for full bluray quality. But then looking at how well the show always did on downloads and set releases where did all that money go. It would be great down the road if they do rerelease the series on bluray or what ever comes next after bluray if it doesnt happen within next 2-4 yrs.

I have the first 9 seasons on DVD and plan on getting the 10th season for Christmas. I'll probably wait a good while before getting on Blue Ray. I'd also like to sit down sometime and watch the bonus features. It's something I just haven't had the time to do.

As promised, here are some pics of the Blur 2.0 figure that came with the Complete Series at Best Buy.

DSC02235.jpg

DSC02234.jpg

DSC02232.jpg

As promised, here are some pics of the Blur 2.0 figure that came with the Complete Series at Best Buy.

DSC02235.jpg

DSC02234.jpg

DSC02232.jpg

That's pretty good except the face doesn't look like Tom compared to the Smallville series 2 Clark from "Justice"

1-5.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-5.jpg

Its not that badly off and it was probably a different maker then that other clark figure.

That's pretty good except the face doesn't look like Tom compared to the Smallville series 2 Clark from "Justice"

I agree actually. I prefer the headsculpt on the Series 2 Clark figure the best. The 2.0 fig's sculpting is kind of an amalgam between DCD's Series 1 and 2 Clarks, actually.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just in case some haven't gotten the season 10 set, it's currently on sale for $20.99 on Amazon for the DVD version and $25.99 on blu-ray.

Best Buy has it for $15.00 for the next few days.

Are there any differences between the smallville visions comic in the picture and the version on the dvd? I missed it from BestBuy and never see it on Amazon.

Online, Best Buy is selling most of the seasons for $14.99. The only issue is that many of them are backordered. So, I don't know if it's even worth getting.

I went to Best Buy today and bought the season 10 box....they had boxes from all of the seasons on display for the sale price.

Sweet, I might make a stop by there tomorrow. I've been waiting for this kind of deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"