Smartest man alive - the Reed Richards/Mr Fantastic casting and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fantastic Four' started by Silvermoth, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

Ha! Love it!:funny:

Stark Bauer likes this.
  2. Fluedd Registered

Now that's the smartest man alive.

I love the robot voices. Not the greatest acting.

Stark Bauer and Willie Lumpkin like this.
  3. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

comments in that video saying Wanda has telepathy so
    this would not work even if Reed didnt give it away. She would read their minds and do what she did anyway and alter reality. Some went so far to say that even if BB used his whisper Wanda would just dodge it or deflect it or some garbage lol.

4. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

It’s the “Mighty Mouse vs. Superman” argument.

Which superhero would win against which? Whoever the writer decides will win.

Howard the Duck will defeat Galactus if that’s the story the writer writes.

Reed Richards is the smartest person in the universe. He should beat everybody every time… or not, whatever.

I don’t mind seeing Reed defeated, but being defeated by doing something really dumb is… really dumb.

Fluedd and Stark Bauer like this.
  5. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

100% although to be fair, many arguments say Reality altering and speedsters are some of the hardest characters to write for because they seem to break the plot/ripe for major plot holes. I read a comment saying to the effect that,
    "I dont mind Reed and Professor X being killed, just make it in a brave heroic way, so that the audience can say they did their best and were overpowered by SW after working together as a team, giving it their best, each one having their "moment", and then being defeated in a justifiable way."..I mean if they could do what they did to the Illuminati what they did for Tony in Endgame, I would not mind as much.

Also death does not seem necessary to me - SW could have easily incapacitated them/rendered them unconscious and sparing their lives instead of slaughtering them in such a gratuitously violent way, disrespectful of the characters legacy and what they stand for. Their gruesome deaths remind me of something you only see in parodies in Robot Chicken or TV Funhouse on SNL (Pillsbury Doughboy being murdered), or by a rival studio such as DC portraying a version of Spider-Man and then irreverently killing him off to show their own stable's superiority over their rivals. I can say confidently that Waldron (or whoever the writer was for DS2) is not a fan of any of the Illuminati, and they took some sadistic pleasure by offing them unceremoniously like the marines in Aliens.

#305 Stark Bauer, Jun 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    Willie Lumpkin and Fluedd like this.
  6. Fluedd Registered

I don't think he hated the characters, I think it's his horror movie background.

7. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

:up: On the spoiler part.

Regarding a speedster, the Flash TV show drove me crazy because 99% of the time, he could have zipped over and defeated the bad guy before anything could even start.

My wife and I would sit there saying: “Oh no, he’s pointing a freeze gun at me? Whatever can I do? I guess I’ll stand here with my hands up so no one gets hurt.”:funny:

Stark Bauer likes this.
  8. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

So I strongly believe Krasinkski has the part.

what has changed?
    DS MoM just crossed $400 million and is about to beat the original Spider Man film. It has officially gone super saturated - become a staple of pop culture. One of the biggest comic book movies of all time. I truly believe not making Krasinski as well as Anson Mount official could backfire.

9. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

The popularity and proliferation of these types of videos -over 1.5 million views in only 2 weeks - only helps to solidify his case as Feige’s pick:

Willie Lumpkin likes this.
  10. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

I think it’s partly Krasinski, but also partly fans protesting a scene in which “the smartest man alive” along with a very cool and powerful Marvel character acted like a couple of clueless chumps.

So they’re writing their own, more satisfying version.

… and partly just having some fun.:funny:

#310 Willie Lumpkin, Jun 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    Fluedd and Stark Bauer like this.
  11. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

The smartest man alive is at it again

Fluedd and Scarlet Spider like this.
  12. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

So according to the article posted over on the Doom thread Feige directly cast Krasinski

this could be good or bad for Krasinski fans. We will see when Feige makes the announcement at D23 Expo on September 9-11, 2022 - that’s only 2 months and 2 weeks from now!!!

I think at the very least Feige will clear up whether John is Mr Fantastic. I don’t expect Doctor Doom casting since that will probably be revealed in Wakanda Forever

edit: Waldron assumes that is why Feige cast John. But for all we know, perhaps John hit it out of the park and killed the audition

#312 Stark Bauer, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  13. Boom I got nothin'

My instinct is it won't be Krasinski.

14. Fluedd Registered

I feel it's about 50/50, but you may be right. We saw an older Reed who had children. That probably won't be the FF we see in the movie, although I can't rule that out completely.

15. Fluedd Registered

Here's another one:

Stark Bauer likes this.
  16. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

Every variant has been played by the same actor. We didn't get Mark Strong as Professor X or Keira Knightley as Peggy Carter. John is Reed.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  17. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

That's only true in the context of this movie though, spider-man had its variants and loki too, many played by different actors. Not saying it's not likely that he has been cast as the main Reed. But its still up in the air. I also have a hard time believing Stewart is the main universe Xavier especially due to his age.

18. Boom I got nothin'

No Way Home had three Peter Parkers.

19. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Hmm. Sounds almost like Feige is like “we knew there would be a backlash if there was a non krasinksi Reed. So you’ve got it at least once but next time who knows?”

I wonder if they’ve already got someone else in mind?

20. Frodo Registered

I suspect that the F4 have already been cast , and at this point, it's a question of settling with a director.

Whether it's Krasinski or not , I think , is still up in the air.

We get the sense that JK's Reed was a veteran who'd been around awhile , and we know he already had a wife and kids.

I wouldn't be surprised if the MCU Reed is a bit younger, i.e. a 30 something , who hasn't married Sue yet ,and had a family. That in addition to 30 something Ben and a younger Johnny and Sue .

They could always stick with JK as Reed in the MCU, but I don't think that's it's a lock.

It's not impossible for us to find out our new Reed is someone that fandom wasn't even considering.

BobJM likes this.
  21. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

Well, I forgot about that so it doesn't count.

Boom likes this.
  22. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

For all the Krasinski haters

Fluedd likes this.
  23. Fluedd Registered

True, and I can't help but think having Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic onscreen played some small part in that. Top Gun Maverick just passed a billion worldwide though, which MoM wasn't able to do, although it came close.

If nothing else, Reed seems to have become the biggest meme out of the movie.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  24. Zarex Registered

Mordu said Reed was the smartest man alive, not the wisest.

With the exception of Xavier, the Illuminati all came off as arrogant a-holes who were unable to consider the possibility that an extradimensional wannabe stay at home mom could take down a single member of the team, let along the whole lot of them.

As for Krasinski, I thought he looked the part and would welcome him back in the reboot. I would prefer a middle aged Reed with a wife and kids since we haven't seen that on screen before.

Fosterson, Fluedd and Stark Bauer like this.
  25. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

the Iluumminati probably contributed a lot of buzz which brought in $50 million on its own. The rest is because it followed Spiderman nonway home