Pedro Pascal is Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic

No… not interested in Mr. Fantastic making millions by stealing something from Tony Stark during a global pandemic.
:huh:.
I don't get what you're talking about.
It's a just a John Krasinski manip as Reed.
I posted it since he's heavily rumored for the part.

i have been entertaining the idea of Glenn Howerton as Reed,.he comes off as very intelligent. He has played Harvard alumni convincingly. My opinion is I think he may have more acting chops than Krasinski. Krasinski does not come off as a genius. However, Krasinski is able to portray more likeable/relatable characters and I think that because of this main stream appeal, the box office success is more in his favour. This is a tough decision for Sarah Halley Finn and Feige.

Below is a great interview with Glenn which i think showcases his potential as Reed.

i have been entertaining the idea of Glenn Howerton as Reed,.he comes off as very intelligent. He has played Harvard alumni convincingly. My opinion is I think he may have more acting chops than Krasinski. Krasinski does not come off as a genius. However, Krasinski is able to portray more likeable/relatable characters and I think that because of this main stream appeal, the box office success is more in his favour. This is a tough decision for Sarah Halley Finn and Feige.

Below is a great interview with Glenn which i think showcases his potential as Reed.

Honestly, I would prefer Howerton to Krasinski.

Krasinski seems like a genuinely great guy. He’s very likable, and I think that’s a problem.

Reed’s a bit of an ass. He’s arrogant because he’s smarter than everybody else and he knows it.

He’s also not concerned with niceties, so he’s blunt and frank.

He has good intentions, but he’s not an overtly friendly, polite, fun, funny guy.

I've never seen Howerton act before to be honest, but he does look like Reed.
I also like the idea of Kristen Bell as Sue storm, who's also been rumored.

Then again, I'm biased towards her.
l3s45ropcfk61.png

:huh:.
I don't get what you're talking about.
It's a just a John Krasinski manip as Reed.
I posted it since he's heavily rumored for the part.
It’s a joke. John stole an online Covid show, and sold it to a corporation and made billions off of it.

I'd be cool with Krasinski as Reed. He's an obvious choice, but sometimes the obvious choice still turns out to be the best choice ala Bale as Batman, Stewart as Xavier, and Cumberbatch as Strange.

John Campea is saying on his show he also heard that John Krasinski was in Multiverse Of Madness and weeks ago he was even sent something(I’m assuming pictures or concept art). Though he does caution viewers that he gets sent dozens of art/images a day and most of of the time they wind up being fake.

I know many here aren’t fans of Campea for valid reasons but let’s remember that Campea was the one who(accidentally maybe?) put out those very real leaked images from No Way Home that had the three Spider-Man standing together as well as the other one with Matt Murdock. So he does some legitimate sources, and he doesn’t usually comment on rumors that isn’t reported by trades so if he thinks this Krasinski rumor is worthy enough to cover, I think that says a lot, especially if he’s also hearing the same.

Last edited:
Don't like Krasinski for the role. Don't get me wrong, I think he will fit the MCU humor really well and he's dramatically capable but he's not Reed to me. If I was fancasting I think Howerton is the more inspired choice.

Honestly, I would prefer Howerton to Krasinski.

Krasinski seems like a genuinely great guy. He’s very likable, and I think that’s a problem.

Reed’s a bit of an ass. He’s arrogant because he’s smarter than everybody else and he knows it.

He’s also not concerned with niceties, so he’s blunt and frank.

He has good intentions, but he’s not an overtly friendly, polite, fun, funny guy.

this is precisely why i trust your opinion and judgment when it comes to F4. Howerton would be a more faithful portrayal of the comic book version of Reed.

I've never seen Howerton act before to be honest, but he does look like Reed.
I also like the idea of Kristen Bell as Sue storm, who's also been rumored.

Then again, I'm biased towards her.
l3s45ropcfk61.png

I am also more in favour of Veronica Mars as Sue. She comes off as more like Sue Storm needing to be rescued. Whereas Emily Blunt comes off more as a bad ass femme fatale like a Captain Marvel or Samus Aran.

I'd be cool with Krasinski as Reed. He's an obvious choice, but sometimes the obvious choice still turns out to be the best choice ala Bale as Batman, Stewart as Xavier, and Cumberbatch as Strange.

Good point.

Don't like Krasinski for the role. Don't get me wrong, I think he will fit the MCU humor really well and he's dramatically capable but he's not Reed to me. If I was fancasting I think Howerton is the more inspired choice.

I am leaning more and more towards Howerton. I truly think this would be an inspired casting akin to RDJ as Stark. I agree Krasinskl would be incredible in the MCU. But perhaps he is more suited for a character like Hal Jordan or a Steve Rogers/Peter Quill character. Problem is, what other protagonists would he be suited for? All I can think of is Richard Rider Nova or Scott Summers Cyclops. On second thought, I think Krasinski is tailor made for Scott Summers rather than Reed Richards. Emily Blunt is also more suited to be Jean Grey.

076c6651714f2a957fc236814f846e4b.jpg

jessica-perez-cyclops.jpg
EMILY-BLUNT-JEAN-GREY-thedevilwears.jpg

Last edited:
Krasinski I think is a great choice for the role. It being obvious doesn't mean much to me

Mr. Fantastic. I still think the X-Men when they come will be younger versions. I don't think we are getting mid 30s, seasoned veteran Cyclops.
Didn’t Fox already do the whole younger X-Men thing already. Now I’d prefer younger cast myself but I’m seeing some strong resistance from fans on the X-Men thread about making them younger even though it would make the most sense logically given the fact that widespread knowledge of the existence of mutants will be a new thing, and I think it’s
for the best that the X-Men be a new team.

Didn’t Fox already do the whole younger X-Men thing already. Now I’d prefer younger cast myself but I’m seeing some strong resistance from fans on the X-Men thread about making them younger even though it would make the most sense logically given the fact that widespread knowledge of the existence of mutants will be a new thing, and I think it’s
for the best that the X-Men be a new team.

In a prequel, yes. But Fox also did the whole they are teachers at the school thing as well. So either way, it has been done before. Not to make this an X-Men thread, but I think making the team younger makes more sense in a MCU that previously hasn't shown us mutants to any great extent. Yes, we understand as an audience what mutants are based on the Fox era films, but we haven't had that experience within the confines of the MCU. So introducing the idea with a younger team makes a lot more sense IMO. It is also the easiest way to avoid the eventual stuff Eternals had to address like "Where were you when THANOS!!!!"

But again, this isn't an X-Men thread. It is just my take on how this plays out. The FF can get powers at any age, so a middle aged Reed and FF works just fine. I cannot say the same for the X-Men

In a prequel, yes. But Fox also did the whole they are teachers at the school thing as well. So either way, it has been done before. Not to make this an X-Men thread, but I think making the team younger makes more sense in a MCU that previously hasn't shown us mutants to any great extent. Yes, we understand as an audience what mutants are based on the Fox era films, but we haven't had that experience within the confines of the MCU. So introducing the idea with a younger team makes a lot more sense IMO. It is also the easiest way to avoid the eventual stuff Eternals had to address like "Where were you when THANOS!!!!"

But again, this isn't an X-Men thread. It is just my take on how this plays out. The FF can get powers at any age, so a middle aged Reed and FF works just fine. I cannot say the same for the X-Men
Yeah, which is why the period piece F4 makes no sense to me. They can just get their powers after Endgame. Why use a period piece to explain where they were when Thanos attacked?

what if they relate their origin to "the Snap" (and "blip") like they were in space at the time of, the Snap, an all got dusted from (while in a rocket/ship/satellite, whatever) so when they got "Bliped" back they were just in open space, but, happen to appear right into the middle of a cosmic storm in space... their powers triggered and just out of subconscious instinct, they used them to get back to earth (Sue creating a protective bubble around them, Johnny pushing the bubble back to earth, Reed wrapping around them all to secure them on impact {once back in earth's atmosphere} or maybe even turning in to a parachute{tho, the latter seems kinda cartoonish)... while Things weight/mass just quickens their descent

when they land, they don't really understand what happened to them or how they even used they powers that way (cause it was just on a subconscious level) so they still need time to learn to control their powers

Yeah, which is why the period piece F4 makes no sense to me. They can just get their powers after Endgame. Why use a period piece to explain where they were when Thanos attacked?

The period FF film idea never made sense to me for many reasons

why make the avengers teens? why make the F4 teens? why make X-Men teens? because Fox did it?! screw fox. The first X-Men movie was near perfect. just keep them adults. we dont need to know how they became adults. spare me the archie college years bull. im so sick and tried of these tween targeted shows and movies. it is unnecessary and a waste of time. Peter Parker makes sense to be younger.

why make the avengers teens? why make the F4 teens? why make X-Men teens? because Fox did it?! screw fox. The first X-Men movie was near perfect. just keep them adults. we dont need to know how they became adults. spare me the archie college years bull. im so sick and tried of these tween targeted shows and movies. it is unnecessary and a waste of time. Peter Parker makes sense to be younger.

The X-Men are different though. They started in the comics largely as teens. Certainly the 1st team was and it is easiest to take advantage of the school setting if they are teens. The Avengers was always a team of veteran heroes. FF could be teens easily, but it isn't the route I would take. Also, Fox made them teachers in X1. So we got an entire trilogy of them as teachers and not students, also. So what Fox did and did not do isn't relevant.

This is my last post on this topic, though. FF talk from me from here onward.

The X-Men are different though. They started in the comics largely as teens.
Yeah, they originally started as teens. In fact, I've always wanted to see a movie featuring the original X-Men from the comics (with a young Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, and Angel). They did a similar thing with First Class, but changed out the members. I guess I'm too much of a purist.

People would have a fit if they did that they today though, because there'd be no Wolverine. The original team didn't really reach the heights of popularity that the later team did.

I personally don't think FF works as teens {at least not the whole team} them being different age's/at different points in there lifes, is what rounds out the group dynamic

making them all the same age or all in school together/ at same time, kinda takes away from them each bringing they own unique prospective to the team

I mean, you could make Ben and Reed closer in age (since they have a backstory of going to collage together) but even then Reed is suppose to be some genius prodigy who finished school at like 15-16... so, Ben should be at least a few years older (having had gone to collage at a normal age)

Sue and Reed could be a similar age without disrupting their dynamic too much (if say, he met her while teaching collage classes when she was a student) having had already finished school and began teaching by the same age she was still in school (tho, that makes for a questionable dynamic, when it comes to them getting romantically involved)

although, it still gives them 2 very different life experience {even a the same age} to make them unique

but, Johnny should always be the youngest (and him and Sue should have a decent age gap) to differentiate where their at in life... and give her that older sister dynamic

I personally don't think FF works as teens {at least not the whole team} them being different age's/at different points in there lifes, is what rounds out the group dynamic

making them all the same age or all in school together/ at same time, kinda takes away from them each bringing they own unique prospective to the team

I mean, you could make Ben and Reed closer in age (since they have a backstory of going to collage together) but even then Reed is suppose to be some genius prodigy who finished school at like 15-16... so, Ben should be at least a few years older (having had gone to collage at a normal age)

Sue and Reed could be a similar age without disrupting their dynamic too much (if say, he met her while teaching collage classes when she was a student) having had already finished school and began teaching by the same age she was still in school (tho, that makes for a questionable dynamic, when it comes to them getting romantically involved)

although, it still gives them 2 very different life experience {even a the same age} to make them unique

but, Johnny should always be the youngest (and him and Sue should have a decent age gap) to differentiate where their at in life... and give her that older sister dynamic

I don't think it would be questionable if Reed is not Sue's teacher in any way and he meets her while she's already an adult. He could be a professor and she could be a student, but as long as they're not at the same college then there isn't any possibility of them being in a teacher-pupil relationship which would probably go against the college's rules anyway.

The X-Men are different though. They started in the comics largely as teens. Certainly the 1st team was and it is easiest to take advantage of the school setting if they are teens. The Avengers was always a team of veteran heroes. FF could be teens easily, but it isn't the route I would take. Also, Fox made them teachers in X1. So we got an entire trilogy of them as teachers and not students, also. So what Fox did and did not do isn't relevant.

This is my last post on this topic, though. FF talk from me from here onward.

i am not saying X-Men or FF shouldnt have teens. I mean to say the main X-Men should be adults. They can have teens such as Jubilee, Shadow Cat, Dazzler, maybe even Ice Man. One of my dream scenes in the MCU is not only for Johnny Storm to meet Bobby Drake, but for them to have a fight scene where they showcase their powers - each of them covered in their respective substance from head to toe. Could be an iconic scene.

7ea07822feedf6bd2110acd8fc0a9cde.jpg

Last edited:
I would shout to the heavens that the FF shouldn't be teens - more Ultimate FF garbage. Johnny should be a teen, or perhaps early 20s at most.

I just keep going back to Adam Driver for Reed every time I start to overthink casting:

ec10e5ae9893248d1c03161bbd3ca5adf5-15-the-dead-dont-die-adam-driver.rsocial.w1200.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"