Pedro Pascal is Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic

thank you. Absolutely my opinion.
That would be just lazy fancast.
Lol autocorrect suggested „fantastic“ instead.
John Krasinski and Emily Blunt would be the Fancastic 4

:lmao:

That's too good not to be used as the official title. I mean we already got "Fant4stic" for the last movie so it's actually an improvement :hehe:

let's say {hypothetically} he is the MCU Reed what is the prefect cast to build around him
and lets assume Blunt isn't a package deal
who others actors/actresses could work best in that cast

let's say {hypothetically} he is the MCU Reed what is the prefect cast to build around him
and lets assume Blunt isn't a package deal
who others actors/actresses could work best in that cast

Blunt's not my top choice for Sue but if they go with Blunt I won't complain because she's a great actress and naturally works really well with Krasinski.

Lily James is my top pick. She's a chameleon powerhouse. She'd completely become Sue Storm. Sarah Gadon is a close second.

I would definitely prefer someone younger - particularly since they haven’t even started filming yet - but he can play younger.

But if they do as many movies as I hope they will, he’ll be getting up there by film 4 or 5.
Hey, they've always got that magic MCU de-aging CGI to use :)

geez that outfit looked good on him. Surprised he confirmed he’s got kids already

Interesting that they introduced him as the "smartest man alive' (before he went on to prove otherwise). That's the title of this thread. Does Silvermouth have some inside information with Marvel Studios?

Interesting that they introduced him as the "smartest man alive' (before he went on to prove otherwise). That's the title of this thread. Does Silvermouth have some inside information with Marvel Studios?

I don't think 838 Reed acted dumb. I think the Illuminati as a whole became arrogant after beating Thanos. Scarlet Witch was a Thanos-level threat and instead of acknowledging that they proceeded to bring her down like if she was no match for them. Reminds me of the Jedi when they try to arrest Palpatine in Revenge of The Sith. They think they're arresting ONE force sensitive Dark Sider so because they are FOUR and he is ONE it should work out. Wrong.

I think my top pick for Reed Richard's is actually Chris pine. I wouldn't have thought of him a few years ago but I do think he's got the right look, age, and talent to do it and be great at it.

Yeah Pine is perfect for this. And I don’t expect him to rush back to another Wonder Woman film, especially if he can carry forward with the MCU and Star Trek sequels.

He would've been a good cap back then, but he's aged into what could be an iconic Reed Richard's.

I'd be down for Pine as RR/Nova. Other than that I don't think he fits any other major yet to be cast Marvel role.

He'd be great as nova too. But personally I can see him as Reed.

How about Tom Pelphrey as Reed and Matthias Schoenaerts as Victor?

Never thought of Pine as Reed, though I'd totally be down with it.
He's bring alot of charm and charisma to the role, while he could still do the arrogance and intelligence .

chris_pine2.jpg
chris-pine-net-worth.jpg

Still don't see it. He looks more like an old Torch.

Chris Pine is more in the mold of RDJ/Chris Pratt, the wise cracking smart ass arrogant prick type. Reed is more of the nerdy smart ass type sans wise cracking. Why piss off fans even more by taking away what they got

Chris Pine would be a great Scott Summers aka Cyclops or as many said Nova.

Chris Pine is more in the mold of RDJ/Chris Pratt, the wise cracking smart ass arrogant prick type. Reed is more of the nerdy smart ass type sans wise cracking. Why piss off fans even more by taking away what they got
Reed isn’t a nerd, at least when he’s written the best. He’s super smart, yeah, but he isn’t Peter Parker. Ultimate Reed is a nerd, not the mainline version. Frankly, I find Pine a far better fit than Krasinski(also doesn’t hurt he’s also a far better actor).

Last edited:
And Pine has played other roles than the cocky hot head. Let's not forget Chris Evans went from literally playing the human torch to playing stoic and noble Cap. He even plays a genius Scientist and father in A Wrinkle in Time.

And Pine has played other roles than the cocky hot head. Let's not forget Chris Evans went from literally playing the human torch to playing stoic and noble Cap. He even plays a genius Scientist and father in A Wrinkle in Time.

Yeah.

Fans tend to think because an actor has played one type of role well ,that they can't play another type role well.

It's a common fan assumption unfortunately, which is why there tends to be backlash when an actor like Heath Ledger is cast as Joker, Keaton as Batman, Pattinson as Batman, etc.

Fans forget that actors are actors .

I understand not seeing someone in a role, but that's different then thinking they couldn't pull the role off because you've only seen them play one kind of part.

Then again, I tend to be much more open to potential casting in general .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"