Justice League Snyder vs Whedon Shot comparison

kal-el1990

Civilian
Reaction score
So now we have an HD version of Justice League, I thought it'd be interesting to post come comparisons of the reshoots that we know of compared with the early Snyder footage that was shown in the trailers.

A lot of the reshoots seemed unnecessary and will be interesting to see how much of it was changed for the final cut.

Post away people!

...This is going to be painful...

iempKw

Shows the massive difference due you the moustache CGI.

Last edited:
...This is going to be painful...

I think that has been covered in painstaking detail already in the main and the deleted scenes thread, so this is a bit pointless :funny:

Wigs in A Whedon film always look so terrible.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the ones on the left are Snyder and the ones on the right are Whedon?

But why did he redo some of those shots? Some of them are just a difference in expression, distance or angle. Why even bother to reshoot them? I could understand if Whedon was trying to get director's credit like Richard Lester for Superman 2, but he didn't. So what was the point of some of these?

I'm guessing the ones on the left are Snyder and the ones on the right are Whedon?

But why did he redo some of those shots? Some of them are just a difference in expression, distance or angle. Why even bother to reshoot them? I could understand if Whedon was trying to get director's credit like Richard Lester for Superman 2, but he didn't. So what was the point of some of these?

The same question I've been asking since watching the movie. That $tuff add$ up!

I feel that Whedon made all the difference to the film by having Ben Affleck's head tilted to one angle instead of tilted to the other angle in the Snyder version. :o

F***ing hell

I say that as someone who enjoyed the movie.

The shot of the team line up is a big one for me. That yellow deep contrast tone looked amazing.

For the love of--ok, how about this, WB? Don't even bother with a Zack Snyder cut or an extended cut, do us fans a favor, and just drop all the raw unused footage as a special feature on the Blu Ray titled "Make your own movie!" and we'll make the damn movie ourselves. How about that?

and drop the past and future JunkXL and unused Hans Zimmer scores for us to add to the scenes.

There should be a Zimmer vs Elfman thread as well lol

The shot of the team line up is a big one for me. That yellow deep contrast tone looked amazing.

Yup, of all the re-shot scenes, I'm most sore about the original team shot. You simply do not mess with a Snyder team shot. The final result was really awkward, and I have a feeling Whedon only reshot it so he could add in Flash and Cyborg's fist bump.

Yeah, now that we finally have seen the movie, and have hd footage of the final thing, it's just baffling to see how reshoots were handled, I truly cannot figure out what WB and Whedon were thinking with some of this.

Most of those reshots involve some dumb joke.

Imagine they got a third director to come and reshoot, and he just reshot those exact same scenes from yet another slightly different angle or distance. :o

WB: So what have you changed here?

Director 3: I just zoomed in a bit and moved it 5 degrees to the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"