So Cap's Shield is tattooed on Mandarin's neck. Anyone care to explain?

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Alexei Belyakov, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Surfer

Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

Very well said.

Surfer

2. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

but the Iron Patriot is Rodey.
    PERSONALLY it looks like the Avengers "A" at the center of the circles. we don't really KNOW that's supposed to be CAP's shield. Could be a Bullseye plane and simple for targeting the Avengers seeing as he says "there are no heroes"

3. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Doubt it.
    There's a difference in the font between an Avengers A and a punk-rocker anarchy A, and the photo leans heavily towards the latter. Plus, Mandarin's crusade or jihad or whatever clearly began long before the Avengers ever materialized, and most likely long before anyone even knew Cap was still alive.

He's not after the Avengers; just one in particular, who's managed to **** Mandarin's world up for the past 4 years.

4. Nave 'Torment'

Nave 'Torment' Vigilante Detective

Thanks Surfer.

Yeah the Ten-Rings is supposed to go all the way back to the feudal era right? Colour me convoluted but I always loved how the Ten-Rings in the first film was supposed to be real-world factions, what if it's purely symbolic in the sense that each ring is simply a token of allegiance from a different terrorist group, so that what the Mandarin represents is this ultra-terrorist leader behind all other operating factions? Each ring is one faction, and altogether he's in charge of all of them? Do we really need them to do something magical?

The Iron Patriot maybe Rhodey but it belongs to the US military and I'm assuming has something to do with Aldrich Killian. Maybe he poses as a bigger threat than just catalysing the Extremis "virus" ? If he's behind the Iron Patriot and working for the Mandarin, we see they're taking out the military and the guy with the big-guns. Tony's going off-the-radar this time, I wonder if we'll have a subplot where he's framed and wanted by SHIELD or something? Sort of making the burgeoning debate of "why isn't Fury helping him out" turning out to be "coz he's also after him." I mean, so far we have what? 1) Extremis armor storyline / Aldrich Killian, 2) Coldblood, assuming to be related to the extremis storyline somehow but operating as your generic supervillain, and 3) The Mandarin and ten-rings.

It's a good way of not going overboard while at the same time feeding into the "hundreds of people wanting to kill" Stark.

5. Smashlilman

Smashlilman Ouch!!!!

Actualy it looks like the A on Stark tower.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  6. Frank Castle

Frank Castle New Member

That is my favorite and i think most likely thing:im:

7. cherokeesam

....and, it still looks like an anarchy "A" as well.

[​IMG]

So here's another theory, and I'm only half-joking: what if a prop man simply got the symbol wrong, and thought that the "A" that's on Cap's forehead was actually on the shield instead of a star? :woot:

8. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Wow forgot about that "A"...You're making me feel old here Sam lol

9. cherokeesam

That's why I keep leaning towards the "Captain Anarchy" thing....it's a fairly universal symbol, but it had its heyday in the punk rock era, and is mostly recognizable to people "of a certain age" --- like you, me, and Mandarin there. ;)

10. exploding youth

exploding youth New Member

What if it is some form of controlling device for the Iron Patriot Armour? Extremis virus in the tattoo ink?

11. irapogi

irapogi Well-Known Member

Probably not hehe, in IronMan 2, they deliberately took out Mickey Rourke's tattoo on his chest, 'cos he had one for his dead dog ... named LOKI. ;)

12. Metal Spidey

Metal Spidey Spider-Man rules!

Even if it does stand for stArk or the Avengers why would it be on the back of his neck? Usually crazy people who do things like that have it on their arm or chest so they can look at it easily and mark/cut it in anger.

13. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

I wonder if it's "AIM's" secret logo.... I mean... AIM is a division of Hydra in a capacity... and Hydra's enemy was cap. Add to that what better symbol to go with "AIM" than a target?

14. Tristan_McClark

Tristan_McClark Well-Known Member

Nice theory. AIM is in the movie, right? I haven't been keeping up with IM3 news. I'm trying to avoid these parts of the boards and doing a poor job of it lol.

15. cherokeesam

The MCU Mandarin doesn't strike me as the type of guy to promote a corporation (even if he turns out to have ties to them) by tattooing their logo on the back of his neck.

Movie AIM likely is a very different entity than the comic-book version. There's probably no link to HYDRA at all, since MCU HYDRA was broken up at the end of WWII in CATFA (although I'd be willing to bet they'll enjoy a resurgence in later Marvel movies --- "cut one head off and two more grow in its place" and all that).

16. MichaelChen

MichaelChen Well-Known Member

He seems to have have a strong sense of the ironic. I mean, he's an ethnic Mongol who uses a Chinese title. Best guess is it is somehow sarcastic.

17. cherokeesam

That's my thinking.
    The gung-ho "'MURICA!" T-shirt he's seen to be wearing in the press-release photo proves his sense of satire and irony. I fully believe the "A" tattoo is in a similar vein, and is meant to make fun of America's Favorite Captain with an Anarchy symbol.

18. 2bornot2b

2bornot2b Guest

Are you guys ready for some spoilers? I happen to have some inside knowledge and I would not have released this info just yet if you guys were close to guessing certain things in the movie's plot, but I'm not seeing anyone here who's even come close to answering some of the movie's most mind-boggling scenes. So here we go:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    1) The Mandarins AVENGERS Tattoo explained: Remember the end of the avengers when people were getting their faces painted and getting tattos all over the world? How come nobody ever though about that? jezus, its not that hard to fiqure out. He got it so he could act like he's a fan of the avengers as a disguise to get close to tony. Being one the the films most comedic acts done by kingsley, Happy Hogan gets tricked to thinking he's just a fan that really wanted to meet tony just so he could infiltrate his house and plant some tech into his suit. DUH! BOOM Major spoiler! This will also explain alot of the other spoilers i'm about to give you.

2) The Mandarins Rings: They're actually enhanced technical remote devices that have a more advanced version of the extremis virus made specifically for him by Aldrich Killian who was working for him all along. Aldrich Killian was selling tech to the terrorists in the way Tony never wanted to do in the First movie. AGAIN, really? really? You guys couldn't even figure that out?
    The rings allow the mandarin to control sophisticated equipment using his rings in conjunction with the extremis virus, including tony's suit that was sabotaged and thus tossed tony around like a rag-doll , thats why he looked so beat up.

3) Tony makes a compilation suit out of all his last armors in a way to technically confuse the Mandarins rings so that he couldn't access and control any-one-part of his suit since tony mixed them up so randomly, giving him the advantage to beat the mandarin WHILE attacking his minions with an army of 40 other suits all controlled by a newly hacked and modified version of extremis virus that Maya Hansen fixed inside tony's body. (yes, she turned on killian after she found out he was working for terrorists, plus had feelings for tony) This of course was after the events of Iron Mans defeat by the Mandarin earlier in the movie. BOOM another spoiler.

4) Pepper Pots "kinda" becomes the rescue, only because while the big last fight takes place, tony uses his mind to telepathically summon pieces of one the the 40 armors to her body while she was being held captive by Aldrich killian. She then break lose with the armor and kicks killians ass.

Thats all for now....just can't figure why no one's figured this stuff out yet..

19. cherokeesam

Mr. Stark, if you could do the honors, please:

[​IMG]

Thank you, sir

20. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

21. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

I think he's expecting an "Emperor's New Clothes"-like reaction, like

"Oooh of course, I'm smart enough to have always assumed this! OBVIOUSLY the tattoo is a disguise. Time to post a CBM article crediting this man!"