So, I have friends getting deployed...

My brother went to boot camp just days before Christmas. It's the first Christmas my dad has had without one of his boys there with him in 23 years.

My best friend is going to boot camp sometime after the new year, only to be sent to California for about two years, the he's off to Germany for the rest of his life.

I'll pray for them, DT, I went to 4 funerals last year in a 3 month period for some real close friends that I went to school with since Kindergarten.

my boy greg is in the navy right now
my friend tom just joined the airforce
and my ex just got back from iraq a month ago
it happens

The best thing you can do is accept it, because it's not going to be changed. As for whether they will be in the thick of action, that probably depends on their MOS or job specialty. Not everyone has the same chance of getting injured. There are many variables involved.

Chances are, the worst thing they're going to have to deal with over there is boredom, because there's not **** going on in Iraq anymore. They'll most likely be fine.

Chances are, the worst thing they're going to have to deal with over there is boredom, because there's not **** going on in Iraq anymore. They'll most likely be fine.

Quite the opposite actually
I have deployed friends,friends with deployed husbands,and 1 deployed cousin in Iraq.Im sure Ive mentioned before but I live about 12 miles from Fort Campbell KY.
Number 1 complaint of soldiers who return home= "Its boring here! I cant wait to go back."

:whatever: go figure

Well, I'm in the military, and I hear from Marines getting back they were bored as ****. No one left to shoot.:down:

My brother went to boot camp just days before Christmas. It's the first Christmas my dad has had without one of his boys there with him in 23 years.

My best friend is going to boot camp sometime after the new year, only to be sent to California for about two years, the he's off to Germany for the rest of his life.

Damn. :csad: That's some deep stuff right there. Why Germany?

That's what they said, and that's made me pretty happy. One of my friends is a veteran, and he said that'll probably be very boring. But he's just happy he'll get to carry his guns around again and possibly be able to kill someone.

Well, I'm in the military, and I hear from Marines getting back they were bored as ****. No one left to shoot.:down:

Thats just circumstances tho,..I dont even know anyone personally that you would call a "bullet catcher".

My cousin was deployed and fought in Iraq a year or so ago. He came back a couple months ago and yesterday I went to his wedding at West Point.

So, yes it's very scary when loved ones go to war, but we have to have faith that they'll be OK and that life will move on. Don't get the notion that fighting in Iraq means virtual suicide. Say prayers for those who go away and wait for them to come home.

I know kids that talk like they want to go overseas because they've played first person shooters all their life and think it'd be cool to do it for real. :dry: Yeah.

A guy I work with at the car lot is in the NAT Guard and he's trying to convince me to go in. I want to go in the band.

One of them is really close to me, and... I don't want his butt blown off. His butt is too good to be blown off. :csad:

Anyone know anybody getting deported after new years?
Advice to help me cope?
Anybody ever gotten their butt blown off in war?

edit: DEPLOYED :csad:

Pray for them,there's a reason why people are not wanting to go and soliders that are in the forces are being deployed more than once...

I have a friend being deployed in the army too! He's only 17!!!! He quit school and decided to join the army. He's leaving real soon. I'm real nervous

Why do people keep saying, "Your friends will be fine." ? :dry:
You don't know that. :huh:

People die there every day. :dry:

And it's not just their butts you have to worry about.
Some get banged around in the head so bad that they come back ******ed...not even the same person that you remember.

Or they come back haunted by all the death and horror and get all moody and suicidal...or their butts are fine but their face gets blown off and you have to feed them with a funnel.

Stop saying, "They'll be fine."
Nobody goes there intending to get their butts blown off. :huh:

I know kids that talk like they want to go overseas because they've played first person shooters all their life and think it'd be cool to do it for real. :dry: Yeah.

Grossly misinformed.:up:

Why do people keep saying, "Your friends will be fine." ? :dry:
You don't know that. :huh:

People die there every day. :dry:

And it's not just their butts you have to worry about.
Some get banged around in the head so bad that they come back ******ed...not even the same person that you remember.

Or they come back haunted by all the death and horror and get all moody and suicidal...or their butts are fine but their face gets blown off and you have to feed them with a funnel.

Stop saying, "They'll be fine."
Nobody goes there intending to get their butts blown off. :huh:

I'd be more afraid of driving around in some areas of southern California than being deployed in Iraq. Her friends SHOULD be just fine...there is a possibility that they may not be (like there is a possibility that a drunk driver may kill someone or themselves)...but they should be. As dmp07 stated, it depends on their job in the military how close they will be to any sort of danger.

It depends on if they're a Radar or a Hawkeye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"