So let's place bets. Who will be the star of this movie?

Mr. Peanut

Sidekick
Reaction score
As of now I think it's up in the air as to who will actually be the main focus of Thor 4. Will it still be Thor? Will Jane take the lead while Thor has more of a supporting role? Or will the two of them be co-leads, Ant-Man and the Wasp style?

probably will be co-leads, although i'm slightly worried that the jane push will come at the expense of thor being more of the comic relief again

At least we'll always have Ragnarok and Infinity War for good, proper badass Thor, I guess
There's no guess about it really. They are there to be enjoyed for the rest of time. I bet many Superman fans would love a modern Superman getting badassery on that level. Thor in those 2 films got some of my all time favourite superhero moments.

As of now I think it's up in the air as to who will actually be the main focus of Thor 4. Will it still be Thor? Will Jane take the lead while Thor has more of a supporting role? Or will the two of them be co-leads, Ant-Man and the Wasp style?
I'd like co-leads but just for Thor 4 maybe with Jane in the Ant Man role. If they bring her in I want them to cover the illness angle from the comics.

There's no guess about it really. They are there to be enjoyed for the rest of time. I bet many Superman fans would love a modern Superman getting badassery on that level. Thor in those 2 films got some of my all time favourite superhero moments.
well the "I guess" was really implying that I'm agreeing that Thor will most likely be more comic relief while Jane gets the good dramatic moments, lol

well the "I guess" was really implying that I'm agreeing that Thor will most likely be more comic relief while Jane gets the good dramatic moments, lol
Yeah, but what you said was true (without guessing). :cwink: Even if Thor is 20 times worse than in TDW and EG put together in Thor 4, we do still have his amazingness in Ragnarok and IW to savour for the rest of time. :cool:

I think both will be equally important. Probably a 50/50 split.
In order to make a strong and compelling arc involving Jan Foster Thor they need their time. Thor is still the titular character and it all depends on how they choose to integrate the JFT story.

again though, "Thor" being the titular character doesn't mean anything,as "Jane is Thor"

I feel it will be Jane. They will have to build up to her becoming Thor. I find it sad that Valkyrie wasn't even included. I guess everyone know she'll be a nonentity in this movie. :csad:

Valkyrie. :p

. . .but of the two mentioned, I predict Thor, because ultimately I have a lot more faith in Hemsworth than I do in Portman.

Valkyrie. :p

. . .but of the two mentioned, I predict Thor, because ultimately I have a lot more faith in Hemsworth than I do in Portman.
In Thor films or generally?

I think that Thor will get top billing but that we'll also see Portman and Thompson play major roles while Hiddleston, Satine and Alexander will make surprise returns. I'm not sure who'll play Enchantress, Karnilla or Baldur but I have a feeling this film will be based on Walt Simonson's final Thor arc. I still just can't see Jormagund being the enemy fought in the climax. I think it'll be Mangog.

I am genuinely baffled by this move and decision for Thor 4.
Way too soon for me to have hard opinions but I am also not thrilled about the Jane angle only because of how she was received the first two films. Yet somehow knowing Marvel, and Taika Waitaki … I do feel a bit confident about this.

I am genuinely baffled by this move and decision for Thor 4.
Way too soon for me to have hard opinions but I am also not thrilled about the Jane angle only because of how she was received the first two films. Yet somehow knowing Marvel, and Taika Waitaki … I do feel a bit confident about this.

Yes, I don't think it matters much how Jane was in the two previous films as even Thor himself became really different when Waititi started directing him. I'm sure we'll see him do something with her that he thinks is interesting.

Honestly, the fact that Marvel Studios is leading this film's promotion with Jane returning as Thor and Valkyrie's love life being explored should be very telling on where their priorities are when it comes to Chris's Thor. I won't be surprised if Natalie ends up getting top billing for this film as well.

Frankly, I feel like this is going to end up being one of those divisive films where the general audiences will be okay with it while a lot of traditional Thor fans will be upset with it instead.

I hope it will be Thor. But you just never know. Having Jane gain powers is going to take up focus in the film. But I'd really prefer to see Thor get as much focus in this as possible. This just has me uneasy.

Thought at the end of Endgame that there was some solid expectations to be had. Thor in the Guardians for a bit and then off on his own space adventurers. Now it just looks like either MCU Jane gets Thor powers or a Jane Foster from another universe shows up and Thor 4 ends up being about her.

Yes, I don't think it matters much how Jane was in the two previous films as even Thor himself became really different when Waititi started directing him. I'm sure we'll see him do something with her that he thinks is interesting.
I see this argument to a degree, Taika definitely breathed new life in to the Thor character in Ragnarok but at the same time their was definitely already life there.

I mean he was excellent in his first solo film and The Avengers. In Thor 2 & Avengers 2 he doesn't get quite the same level of performance but with Avengers 2 I put that down to lack of screen time and Thor 2 wasn't really anything he did wrong it just wasn't the strongest movie in general.

Where as for me Jane was just always kind of there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"