The Winter Soldier So them Russo brothers...

Also I'm pretty sure the movie ended with Falcon's line "when do we start" but the trailer has Cap adding "we just did".
I was actually glad that didn't made to it to the final cut because, for me, the whole cap's lookin up at the end was just enough.......Now, as for the footage showin' him leapin' and driving down his shield in some helicarrier, i was bummed out 'cause i wanted to see what happened in those fight scenes.....I mean, if they didn't wanted to put it the movie, why show it in the trailers?......

It was in the movie when the trailer was made. The movie is still being edited a month or two before release so trailers will often show scenes that got cut out.
Ya, i know that trailer was made when the movie was goin' through editing and that they were goin' to leave some things out of the movie... But that scene of cap driving down his shield was featured in almost all the first trailers and teasers and it stands out in all of them...All i'm sayin' is that they should've shown some other scene that wasn't as iconic as that one.

Also I'm pretty sure the movie ended with Falcon's line "when do we start" but the trailer has Cap adding "we just did".
Trailers do that. The "You've shaped the century" line was said to Bucky instead of Cap for example

Trailers do that. The "You've shaped the century" line was said to Bucky instead of Cap for example

About that line, i remember in discussions and most thought it was being said to the winter soldier either way.

Edgar is great at action, especially with Scott Pilgrim and World's End. All of his movies in fact. He has the 'It' factor.

I think the Russo bros. could handle the Avengers. Great direction and script for this movie. It was really tight. Nothing was wasted, and nothing felt like it was cut too short.

I think the Russo bros. could handle the Avengers. Great direction and script for this movie. It was really tight. Nothing was wasted, and nothing felt like it was cut too short.

I think I mentioned it before, but the way the Russos did third act of TWS was how the second act of The Avengers should've been done.

I feel Thor and Cap suffered in their first films by them trying to push them into the path of Avengers.

But seriously the Russo's really surprised me. To me it once again shows that everyone starts somewhere.

Very few directors get to just do this kind of stuff until they actually get a shot. This could be the point where 20 years from now, people will be surprised these guys ever made comedy films.

Now concerned with Wright. If he was coming off Spaced I would be concerned. But all the Simon/Pegg films I think have proved his diversity and Ant Man is right up his alley.

Then again they did this with Iron Man with Jon.

My thoughts....How the heck did two TV directors do action better then 90% of most Hollywood blockbusters?

They knew the source material, they knew how to do their jobs, and they were given sufficient resources to manage all three without significant studio interference. That's how.

And yet I'm sure the next time a TV director is hired we'll still have people hating on them for whatever reason.

"No Whedon! He's only done TV and one movie with like no budget!"
"No Taylor! He's only done TV. Whedon was different, he did a movie!"
"No Russos! Taylor was different, HBO has a big budget!"

"No X! The Russos were different, there were two of them!"

To be fair, he didn't work out extremely well. Thor: TDW isn't bad, but it's probably the most average MCU movie; the only notable parts were Loki & Asgard itself.

Well again they didn't know that shot wouldn't be in the film at that point. I don't think they should leave something in just because it was in the trailer. No matter how awesome a shot might be sometimes it needs to be cut to make the film work. That's obviously what happened here. I remember something similar on X3. There was an epic Matrix shot showing the full destruction of Dark Phoenix but they ended up cutting it down because as awesome as it looked it ended up taking you out of the moment.

THERE WERE MOMENTS IN X3? :oldrazz:

I was never one of the doubters since I tend to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt in their choices (If you really want to, look through my posts. You'll see I'm not lying...just have fun wading through a thousand or so posts), but man did these guys surprise me. I'm so glad that Marvel's already got them working on the third movie.

I hope the Russo brothers can do any passion project they want now.

Such an improvement over the last captain America. People gave me a rough time for complaining about it so often but only because I wanted it to be as good as the winter soldier is

To be fair, he didn't work out extremely well. Thor: TDW isn't bad, but it's probably the most average MCU movie; the only notable parts were Loki & Asgard itself.

Good point; the main thing being that before we saw TDW and only got really nice-looking set photos/etc. people had pretty much accepted it and were ready to write off the Russos instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"