Guardians of the Galaxy So this Infinity Stone was the....

dru-zod2501

Civilian
Reaction score
In the comics the purple Infinity Gem was the "Space" infinity gem, but we know the Tesseract is the space stone in the movies, so which stone was this one? I might guess the "Reality" Gem. What do you think?

I think it's like this

1.tesseract space stone
2.aether reality stone
3.orb power stone

Is the Aether the reality gem? Makes sense, but I thought it was the power gem. Anyway, I'm thinking this I'd the "soul gem". It's far from a perfect fit, but since it only destroyed organic matter it seems to be connected to life.

Tesseract and Orb were confirmed to be the Space and Power Stone respectively. The Aether it is still unknown on which Infinity Gem it is. Although the Reality Gem seems the most likely.

There is also a plausible theory that the one in the scepter is the Mind or the Soul Stone. Given that Thanos gave it to Loki and that Loki used it to brainwash the minds of Hawkeye and Selvig. Although I know there is the plot point where Selvig says that the scepter is part of the Tesseract but maybe

Last edited:
I still think the Aether is the Power stone. Rewatch the movie, it didn't do anything at all to alter reality. The user only used it to augment his own power to fight his enemy. whereas with the purple stone, you could argue that the user could use it to undo the reality of any planet just by touching the ground.

Tesseract and Orb were confirmed to be the Space and Power Stone respectively. The Aether it is still unknown on which Infinity Gem it is. Although the Reality Gem seems the most likely.

There is also a plausible theory that the one in the scepter is the Mind Stone. Given that Thanos gave it to Loki and that Loki used it to brainwash the minds of Hawkeye and Selvig.

I thought that theory had been debunked at this time, and that Thanos would never risk losing one Infinity Stone to gain the others....

Fury at one point said the scepter is powered by the cube.

The purple infinity gem is space and the blue infinity gem is mind (which is why it the tesseract controlled Hawkeye's mind).

http://marvel.wikia.com/Infinity_Gems

Don't rely on the comics when it comes to the color translation on screen. Hawkeye wasn't controlled by the tesseract he was controlled by the scepter which is most likely the mind stone given its ability to control people. The orb has already been confirmed as the power gem, the tesseract is the space gem, and the Aether is likely the reality gem. That means we have two left; the time gem and the soul gem. I'm more than confident the soul gem will be in Dr. Strange given the subject material and the time gem will be already be in Thanos' possession. This means Thanos will have to retrieve two stones from Earth, one from Asgard, one from the Collector, and one on Xandar.

I still think the Aether is the Power stone. Rewatch the movie, it didn't do anything at all to alter reality. The user only used it to augment his own power to fight his enemy. whereas with the purple stone, you could argue that the user could use it to undo the reality of any planet just by touching the ground.

Yes, but ultimately Malekith was going to use The Aether to return the entire universe to darkness. Sounds like altering reality to me.

There is also a plausible theory that the one in the scepter is the Mind or the Soul Stone. Given that Thanos gave it to Loki and that Loki used it to brainwash the minds of Hawkeye and Selvig. Although I know there is the plot point where Selvig says that the scepter is part of the Tesseract but maybe
I have heard that the Stone inside the Orb has been confirmed as the Power Stone, but I don't know by who and where. Was it Feige?

Also remember folks, the artifacts themselves are not the Stones. It is the little "gems" inside. So the Tesseract holds the Space Stone.

Well, it did bend reality to protect Jane when she had it.

In the case of the Aether, it could be as simple as Malekith not being aware of the reality gem's true power, or not being powerful enough to wield it at it's full potential. And the scepter is not one of the gems:

-It would make no sense for Thanos, who wants to acquire all of the gems, to give one away to someone who might very well try and betray him, just to acquire another one.
-The scepter was clearly powered by part of the Tesseract's energy. I believe that that was even stated in the actual movie.

I was discussing this earlier in the Avengers threads. This one destroys planets by touching them. The larger the organic mass, the more powerful the destruction, and only supremely powerful beings can even wield it. That's gotta be the Power Gem, imo.

The Tesseract is the Space Gem (wasn't this already confirmed by Feige?), and I agree with those who suggest the Aether is the Reality Gem.

In the case of the Aether, it could be as simple as Malekith not being aware of the reality gem's true power, or not being powerful enough to wield it at it's full potential. And the scepter is not one of the gems:

-It would make no sense for Thanos, who wants to acquire all of the gems, to give one away to someone who might very well try and betray him, just to acquire another one.
-The scepter was clearly powered by part of the Tesseract's energy. I believe that that was even stated in the actual movie.
Yeah, it always comes back to the fail safe in the Avengers. So while I can see Thanos thinking Loki was no threat, the connection between the scepter and the Tesseract feels like it rules that out.

I'm just wondering when the Space Stone was able to put people under mind control or screw with people's minds like when The Avengers were bickering and Bruce picked it up ?

Trying to compile exactly what we know at this point.

1. There are Six Infinity Stones.

2. The Stones represent the galaxy before the Big Bang.

3. The Stones were once brought all together, but the power was too great and it only lasted for seconds.

4. The Tesseract and Orb house the Infinity Stones, they are not the Stones themselves.

5. The Tesseract houses the Space Stone.

6. The Orb housed the Power Stone.

7. The Aether is or houses a Stone. We do not know which yet.

8. Each Stone houses great, if not infinite energy, but each can be used in different ways.

9. The Stone in the Orb is destructive toward all organic life.

10. The Stone in the Tesseract can open portals and the energy can be used as an energy source.
11. The orbs can not be handle by mere "mortals". Too powerful.

12. The Space Stone is in the possession of Asgard.

13. The Power Stone is in the possession of the Nova Corps.

14. The Aether Stone is on the possession of the Collector.

What if the gems have multiple abilities? Like the Tesseract could control minds and open portals, and produce energy.

I'm just wondering when the Space Stone was able to put people under mind control or screw with people's minds like when The Avengers were bickering and Bruce picked it up ?
Well perhaps the specter is simply powered by the energy of the Tesseract, like Hydra's weapons. Meaning the capabilities of the specter are its own, but is powered by the energy of the Stone.

Is it possible the scepter belongs to another Marvel character?

We know Thanos gave it to Loki, but perhaps he took it from someone else

Well perhaps the specter is simply powered by the energy of the Tesseract, like Hydra's weapons. Meaning the capabilities of the specter are its own, but is powered by the energy of the Stone.
Yeah, the scepter was handed to Loki by The Other at the beginning of the film, when the Tesseract was not yet in their possession. This suggests that the scepter itself has some kind of special power, otherwise, why even bother?

I think the Aether is the reality gem because Malekith was going to rewrite reality by removing all traces of light from the universe. That to me seems to fit best with the reality gem but that's my opinion.

Besides, the purple gem is more "physically powerful" than the Aether. The Aether didn't seem all that physically strong, and someone like Jane was able to handle it. As for the Orb's gem, it took four of the guardians to handle it, and most disintegrate on the spot if they touch it because it's so powerful. I'd bet the purple gem is power.

Last edited:

Yep. I'm pretty sure every Stone, by their very nature, emit some sort of energy that goes beyond what we know (though apparently there's some gamma radiation in there, since Bruce Banner was qualified to track the Tesseract) in order to do what they do.

The scepter is the true anomaly so far. Unlike HYDRA weapons, it apparently had value even before Loki made contact with the Tesseract. And it's said to play a part in Age of Ultron. The Tesseract is elsewhere, so I'm guessing it can be powered by something other than an Infinity Stone. So Fury's comment about it being powered by the Tesseract is off putting. Does it just need a recharge every once in a while and the Tesseract is as good (if not infinitely better) as any battery?

So I'd really like to learn more about it. where did it even come from?

I'm also in the camp of the Aether being the Reality Stone. It wasn't as overtly powerful as the Orb, but it did threaten the very structure of the universe, so I'd say that's reality bending enough to qualify.

aether is the reality gem. this was the power gem.

So the Tesseract was the Space gem which right now I think could be in Loki's Staff which Baron Von Strucker has in his possession right now either that or it's in Asgard's vault I'm not really sure.

The 2nd Gem is the Ather which is the Reality Gem and is in the Position of the Collector

The 3rd Gem is the Power Gem which you will have to watch GOTG to see where that one is at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"