So what's going to happen with this show after the deal?

Discussion in 'The Gifted' started by smallville fan, Dec 15, 2017.

1. smallville fan

What the title says.

2. SirStrangefolk

SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

They'll definitely finish this season. After that I suppose it depends on when exactly the deal will be finished and approved by the government and all the paperwork will be done. FOX won't simply stop making stuff until Disney takes over. And then it depends on whether X-Men properties will immediately be incorporated into the MCU. I could see Marvel holding of on actually introducing the X-Men and such for a short while.

3. Fincher

Fincher Too far gone

I'm expecting there to be a second season. The season will be over in January, and with the ratings it has I don't imagine that the deal would clear before Fox announces a renewal. The Orville didn't really do that much better, and it was renewed mid-season.

Beyond the second season, it depends on how the second season ratings go, how quickly Fox is going to want to dump its scripted programming, how Disney (or Marvel TV) feels about having a non-MCU show, and (if Fox dumps it but Disney's willing to keep making it) whether Disney would want to move it to their streaming site. So basically too many factors to say right now.

4. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

remaining 3 episodes will air.there is very good chance for season 2 with it will
    take till 2019 for sale to be approved.but after this it's byebye to the gifted.

this show is very much in style to original trilogy.it is stand alone contunity from
    both X-MenCU and MCU.Loeb doesnt have to tolerate this anymore with f20centuryfox gone and he can show donner door just like feige with in films.

5. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

I hope the deal does not impact the show at all, and we get at least 3 more seasons!!

6. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I doubt Disney even cares about it. As long as it makes money for Fox TV, it would continue. Just like the Netflix/ABC shows, the films would just ignore it.

7. x-er

x-er Well-Known Member

There's a second season of Legion coming, so I'd expect another season of the Gifted. I really enjoyed it!

If Fox is putting out some great X-Men shoes, I can't wait to see what Dark Phoenix is like. that trailer needs to drop soon! As well as some acting by Channing Tatum as Gambit. Where's his unauthorized teaser?

8. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

The show is already co-produced by Marvel anyway. I don't see why it wouldn't continue with the same showrunners and be entirely produced by Marvel.

9. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

Because Disney is advertising it's all connected. They would have to back pedal and say all of it except that one TV show on FOX. We are not ready for the X-Men to have been in the past and missing our movies

10. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

Jeph Loeb has been advertising that, and even then, he's slowed that down a lot as of recent. Plus, wouldn't just be The Gifted. There's Legion as well. But I expect that these shows would just continue as is.

11. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

It may have slowed but we still don't have the equivalent of a Supergirl cousin Superman and a Justice League Superman out right now on the Disney/Marvel productions.

On The Gifted they keep name dropping the X-Men and that has the possibility of directly contradicting any preliminary X-Men movie ideals.

12. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

Wait, it wouldn't be more backpedaling to cancel a program they're already producing?

13. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

I mean...it wouldn't be one. Legion as well, which is also their show. They could just continue them on their own if they want.

14. Sage2016

Sage2016 Active Member

Hopefully dead and buried after Season 2.

15. NotNickFury

You seem fun. Is that you, united?

16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

I mean there is no reason they can't continue the show if they want. Marvel Studios already co-produces it. Gifted is already operating independent of the Fox movies. Why do they have to bury it at all?

If it's making money, they can keep doing the show.

17. superion

superion Well-Known Member

Given the way the ratings dropped during season I expect season 2 will be the last season anyway and it will be cancelled for ratings. Same with Legion thought that may hang on longer because its a critical darling.

18. NotNickFury

Except the two-part finale's ratings were the highest the show had been since its third episode instead of going lower, but I guess that translates to ratings drop like most shows.

19. Avenging Angel

Avenging Angel I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

If the ratings were low, why did they move it to Tuesday nights on a prime time schedule to compete with the Arrowverse DC CW shows whom are doing worse material than Fox? To me it doesn't make sense. If anything, the ratings are fine, the hype is huge, the feedback is doing very well. At least it doesn't have the names Greg Berlanti or Mark Pedowitz attached to it. They should be alright. So should Legion.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018 at 7:31 PM
  20. smallville fan

Bob Iger specifically said that everything will fall under one roof. This must include this.