So, yeah... Royal Baby

Didn't both Harry and William serve in the military?

Yeah they did but Ive always been kind of skeptical of that whole thing. Its hard for me to believe that their military careers and stations werent carefully selected and "scripted" for maximum safety and to make them look good.

Last edited:
Yes, Cromwell was a puritan. Made life miserable by being a murderer and a killjoy. We can't work out what was worse, banning Christmas or the Irish massacres (I kid, I kid). Eventually we got the monarchy back along with Christmas and the puritans got so annoyed they shipped off to a colony called America via protestant europe. No one cried.

No one except my Native American ancestors, who were driven off their land and subjected to genocidal policies. The Puritans should have stayed where they were and slaughtered more Europeans instead of invading North America.

That wouldn't have solved much. Even if the Puritans hadn't come, the English still had businesses in North America, and they even had some of their prisoners shipped overseas. Not to mention there were still Spaniards and the French crawling all over the place.

Really, the Europeans in general (not just the Puritans) should've probably just stayed in Europe. Or they could've learned to exercise diplomacy, though that was probably asking too much of them.

To be pedantic, the puritans were persecuted by the Stuart monarchy before the Civil War and the Restoration. The Bishops War, which led to it all, was partly a consequence of this.

Basically, it was all the Scots' fault.

BQtSR1n.jpg

Being the spare heir is the better than being king or queen. All the privilege with far less of the responsibility.

Many of the British royals have served in the military as have many of the other European royals seeing as they become commander in chief of the military when taking the throne and in the old days kings would lead their armies into battle.

Prince Phillip, Prince Andrew and Prince Charles were in the Navy. Prince Edward was in the Royal Marines but never saw active service.

When the Queen was 18 she served in the Women’s Auxiliary Territorial Service during World War II. She trained as a mechanic in London and spent the war driving and fixing trucks.

qeii_wwii.jpg

Lizwar.jpg

princess_elizabeth.jpg

95434.jpg

Last edited:
I still fail to see why there's a monarchy when they have no actual power. They're at best a tourist attraction, and at worst something for posh ***** to get excited over. Being a Royal is purely an accident of birth and they've made no steps to get their so called "position".

I'd be more impressed with meeting Harrison Ford than I would be metting a Royal.

They make more than three times the money they cost. Also, unlike a modern republic such as Germany, we're not living in an autocracy with our monarch. Under the Westminster system a president would perform the same duties, but would garner less revenue.

Then there's historical benefits, which are mainly sentimental, but the crown(s) can be traced back to over a thousand years ago.

I honestly could not care less about another Royal baby...

I'm surprised that they are having another one so soon after George but more power to them. :yay:

I'm surprised that they are having another one so soon after George but more power to them. :yay:

Harry was asked about being bumped down to 5th in line and he laughed and said "good."

That should be the dude's moniker...Royal Baby.

Oh yay I thought this would become a troll thread so I stayed away but it hasn't except for a few so I can safely say I'm really excited! I hope everything goes alright

William is not allowed anywhere near the battlefield. The whole military thing is a holdover from the idea of a King riding into battle at the front of the calvary like Henry V. The amount of medals on them now are becoming embarassing, like scout badges. Surely one is for tying their laces solo?

The whole military thing is a holdover from the idea of a King riding into battle at the front of the calvary like Henry V.

Oh, really? What a strange way of looking at it.

Well it's not like they can't afford it. :oldrazz:

But like all celebrity babies, I don't care. Famous people had babies, whoop-de-doo.

Old Liz would step over the corpses of everyone of her subjects to see some horse racing. The Queen loves horses like you wouldn't believe.

Congrats to the couple and their new bundle of joy (and cheers to every other new princess born today...)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"