Soda versus Pop

Meh, I called it 'Soft Drink'... I dont drink the crap anymore so people can call it whatever they want :)

Ronny Shade said:
Faygo pwns. Rock & Rye.:up:

on that sit eit says that the candy apple was the only commercial flop..that **** was gooooooooooooooood:(

Assassin said:
on that sit eit says that the candy apple was the only commercial flop..that **** was gooooooooooooooood:(
Never had it.:down: :(

I used to drink the Creme soda all the time, but now I'm a Rock& Rye man.

Soda. Most definitely soda. Though Coke can pass for any dark soda, and Sprite for anything clear. But none of that Coke for everything business. You hear me, Georgia?

Leto Atrides said:
Soda. Most definitely soda. Though Coke can pass for any dark soda, and Sprite for anything clear. But none of that Coke for everything. You hear me, Georgia?
In Slither (great movie, go see it) the mayor said "Damn it! There's no Mr. Pibb and that's the only kinda coke I like!"

I laughed.

in Iraq they called every dark drink pepsi, and clear drinks sevin..as in 7up

well thats what my parents tell me any ways

It's always been 'coke' in Texas, no matter what you drink.

That's about right. A whole lot of people call every soda coke here in Texas. I call it soda, but I'm not a native Texan.

The majority of the South call everything Coke. And I'm gonna keep calling everything coke.

Steve_Rogers said:
The majority of the South call everything Coke. And I'm gonna keep calling everything coke.
You're promoting the company's strangehold on the market :mad:

just kidding I don't care

Hey, I do have a bunch of family that work for the Coca Cola company.

Steve_Rogers said:

So its like the aliens on SUOTH PARK and the word 'Marklar'? :D

I got ultra pissed when my school banned Coke from campus.

but not pissed enough to do anything about it.

Being from OHIO where we are right (because we are the best), I agree with this users opinion who is also from OHIO. I honestly believe this is the only right opinion on there:

It's pop. It comes from "soda pop". Pop is the noun, soda is an adjective that describes pop. Things are properly referred to by the noun, not the adjective. You say "tissue" for facial tissue, not "facial". If you ask for a facial, in some places you're going to get popped in the nose. "Pop" is the noun. "Soda" is the adjective. "Pop" is the correct term. End of discussion.

Now butter my toast.

Ronny Shade said:
I got ultra pissed when my school banned Coke from campus.

but not pissed enough to do anything about it.

Why did they do that?

I'm from Canada so everyone calls it Pop. I dont drink it anymore but Soda is just strange.

Ronny Shade said:
Some BS about sweatshops or something. I don't know.

I bet it's about how coke had firing squads kill villagers in South America. At least, that's the most common anti-beverage protest I remember.

Soda. Pop. I call it whatever I feel like callin it at the time. I'll use either word or both at the same time or part of the drinks name. I really don't care what it's called as long as I get to drink it.

KingOfDreams said:
I don't like term "pop." It annoys me.
same

I honestly think this debate will spark the next civil war

Ronny Shade said:
Some BS about sweatshops or something. I don't know.
seriously?

dude gimme details. And maybe the name/address of your school so I know not to send my kids there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"