Solo Easter Eggs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' started by DarthSkywalker, May 23, 2018.

1. Kevin Roegele

Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

It's just weird that, for a film that name goes so far into fan-lore and Easter egging that it name checks a 1997 PlayStation game, they just created another character called Vos. It's hard to imagine they didn't know about Quinlan Vos, and it's easy to change a name, so why keep it as Vos if he has no connection to Quinlan Vos? It seems odd to me.

2. Brem

Brem Registered

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet - and I know it's not really an "easter egg", but it's still worth noting.

I don't think anyone says "I have a bad feeling about this."

But I do remember Han saying "I have a really/very good feeling about this!" during the chase from Kessel.

3. gohei_

gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

Did he really say that though? I remember seeing it in the trailers but I can't honestly remember hearing it in the movie. It's a good line though especially coming from Han.

4. Brem

Brem Registered

Just before they enter the clouds, I am 99.9% sure he says "I have a really/very good feeling about this!" with a smile/grin.

But I can't remember at any point during the film someone saying "I have a bad feeling about this!"

It is a good line though. I like that it flips the old bad feeling, but it still essentially keeps that line in the film in some capacity. Hopefully, if someone sees it again they can confirm whether it is right or not. It might be he did say bad feeling, but I am so sure it was the opposite this time.

5. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

It’s in the movie, it got a big laugh at my show.

Also foreshadowing a famous SW exchange...when Lando and Han are looking at what’s left of the Falcon, he tells Han, “I hate you”, Han replies, “I know.” :funny:

6. gohei_

I guess I forgot about it. In my defense that was one of the better scenes in the movie and I basically just sat there enjoying the awesome ride and I guess that line slipped me by.
    That moment when the coaxium finally kicks in :hmr:

7. Brem

Brem Registered

Not that's a line I did miss. I heard Lando tell Han he hates him but I didn't catch the "I know."

I wish I had now. :woot:

That's when the engines cut out isn't it? Yeah, that was fun. I loved that whole sequence really. I wish it had been a little longer in terms of, we see the Destroyer and I had hoped for a little more from it - but it was all good fun. And the shows in the clouds, with the storm being the only lighting - wonderful stuff. It felt like a live action Rebels episode. They did some amazing things visually in that show.

8. gohei_

Yeah the engines die for a second for whatever reason and then they start up again with a massive powerboost.
    I kept thinking that those poor Tie fighter pilots must be extremeley stupid or brave to follow the Falcon out into the clouds.

9. Ozbridge

Ozbridge Registered

I agree. Bail Antilles has same family name with Wedge because Bail Antilles was the original name of the character which would be developed into Wedge Antilles, and Lucas reused the name in TPM. In Solo they have no reason to introduce a new character with the family name of an old character and just chalk it up as "It's a common family name".

10. Aximili86

Aximili86 Registered

It's a little odd, don't know it's worth concentrating too much on though.

Yeah, both being from Alderaan it doesn't seem a stretch to think they're part of the same family. But "Vos" is a pretty Star Wars-y sounding name, and it's a big galaxy. Seems reasonable to figure there are going to be two or more people out there with that as a last name.

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

FYI:

The Tag and Bink scene was cut.

12. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

Justin Bolger just tweeted that when Han was in the mud during the fight with Chewie, he was in the same pose as when he was frozen in carbonite. :wow:

13. Mysteryman

Mysteryman Registered

Quinlan Vos , That is why Dryden's name was so familiar to me.

14. wampa1

wampa1 Registered

The half-head zombie women from Rogue One were in Vos' lounge area serving drinks.

15. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

I don’t remember Rogue One having half-head zombie women.

I did notice Saw Gerrera’s henchman from Rogue One was with Enfys Nest though.

16. Ozbridge

Ozbridge Registered

Neither do I. But she was definitely in Rogue One's "The Making of" or "Character encyclopedia" book.

Edit: She was in Rogue One's Visual Dictionary.

[​IMG]

#41 Ozbridge, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
  17. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Is "fugitive surgeon" a reference to Dr. Evazan since he had a cameo in Rogue One?

18. Aximili86

Aximili86 Registered

From what we've heard it sounds like the decraniated were probably a little more visible in Rogue One initially but were mostly cut. Pretty sure you still glimpse one or two of them on Jedha though, can't recall exactly when.

Cool to see them brought back here though, it's definitely among the crazier & ****ed-up concepts in Star Wars. And yeah, Schloesser, the idea back with Rogue One is he was experimenting on people there. Sounds like it's been expanded a bit to be a more common underworld practice than just him doing all Dr Mengele for his own kicks.

Loved seeing the couple of familiar OT aliens in this too, the Twilek and Rodian. Much as I've loved like 99% of the new alien designs in TFA and TLJ, it's never sat right to me that the original aliens are for the most part not seen. Sure, it's a huge galaxy, but you'd figure at least a couple classic guys would be seen here and there.

#43 Aximili86, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
  19. Ozbridge

Ozbridge Registered

It's nice to finally see a live-action female Twilek who isn't a pole dancer.

20. titansupes

titansupes Registered

[​IMG]

21. Ozbridge

Ozbridge Registered

Who is she?

22. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

I always loved those shots on Felucia.

23. titansupes

titansupes Registered

Aalya Secura, one of the background Jedi during both AotC and RotS.

24. Ozbridge

Ozbridge Registered

Oh yeah I forgot.

25. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

According to the Aphra comic, yes.