Something to ponder...

Colossal Spoons

Paper boi
Reaction score
Ok, I'm kinda bored so I thought I'd ask you Hypsters a question that my religion teacher asked my class a few years ago. I think your answers will be most interesting.....and humorous :)

Here goes: The Earth is doomed to explode in 1 week via asteroid, God, war, etc. However, scientists have found a planet that can sustain human life and you are in charge of populating the "New Earth". The space shuttle can only seat 6 though, so you have to choose 5 other people to come with you. What occupations would you select and why?

Here's mine:
1. Engineer - to get power situated on the new planet
2. Teacher - to get the future children on the right track
3. Doctor - too obvious
4. Farmer - we gotta eat
5. Navy Seal - disputes are inevitable and somebody has to enforce the law; by force if necessary.

1. Concubine... because I don't feel like getting knocked up.
2. Male model... because we don't want the entire new population to be ugly.
3. Hunter... uh, duh?
4. Comedian... for entertainment.
5. Arrogant Professor... in case the hunter fails to bring in the goods.

Death Service said:
1. Concubine... because I don't feel like getting knocked up.
2. Male model... because we don't want the entire new population to be ugly.
3. Hunter... uh, duh?
4. Comedian... for entertainment.
5. Arrogant Professor... in case the hunter fails to bring in the goods.

Sounds a little like 'The Lost World' :o.

Hmm... maybe:

1. A Doctor (duh)

2. A professional weapons-maker/hunter(so he can hunt and teach the rest of us how)

3. A construction worker(to build shelter)

4. A scientist(to find unique ways of making fire, energy and whatnot)

5. Someone who is a born leader, but not a politician, who can keep us sane and resolve conflicts.

The scientist, providing that we can bring some technology with us, could bring baby eggs and sperm for artificial insemination, but only after the survivors had settled down into a little community. For other such purposes, the doctor and the scientist would be women.

1. Samuel L. Jackson - So he can teach everybody in the new civilization the definition of "cool"
2. Kristin Kreuk - So I can help, regrow civilization.
3. A doctor - Obvious reasons
4. An engineer
5. An Asian guy - To teach everybody karate

an asian guy - teach everyone karate
concubine - l dont wanna get knocked up
a doctor - obvious

l'm running out of ideas - l'll edit later

Carter said:
1. Samuel L. Jackson - So he can teach everybody in the new civilization the definition of "cool"
2. Kristin Kreuk - So I can help, regrow civilization.
3. A doctor - Obvious reasons
4. An engineer
5. An Asian guy - To teach everybody karate

I guess the doc would come in handy for all those streach marks that preggerz causes...or at least the sagging skin.

I wouldnt knock her up until she was old anyway

Carter said:
I wouldnt knock her up until she was old anyway

lol, but if you got her pregnant alot, like 6 times, she's bound to have some things out of proportion.

She is pretty...:)

kypade said:
an asian guy - teach everyone karate
concubine - l dont wanna get knocked up
a doctor - obvious

l'm running out of ideas - l'll edit later

your world will suck :ghost:

adding:

maxwell's demon - to knock up the concubine :confused::o:(

(peees, l still hate you:()

I'd tell them to build more space shuttles.

1. A Doctor (I'd command him/her to bring all medicine and operation tools JUST IN CASE!! The doctor would be from India, they are AWESOME doctors. Plus I'm not racist!)

2. Scientist (We need someone who knows a good deal about what we could be dealing with on the planet)

3. Hunter/Farmer/Planter (This person would need to excel in those three fields, at least two of them. He'd work side by side with the scientist in studying the soil, climates, and environment we're about to embark on. I'd also instruct him to bring the most potent strain of marijuana seeds he can get a hold of. We need to have a good time and party on this new planet, man)

4 and 5. Two very, very beautiful, fertile women. One a blonde and one with brown hair. We'd need to repopulate the planet and that'd be my job. And the second women would be for the Hunter/Farmer/Planter for bring the awesome weed. And either the Scientist or the doctor would be a woman so those two could get with each other and make super smart babies. :up:

SuperFerret said:
I'd tell them to build more space shuttles.

Heh, but then the people of one shuttle would no doubtedly get into a fight with the people from the other shuttles; thus creating war. Do you want war on "NewEarth"?

I want PEOPLE on New Earth. With just six, the species will become inbred within only a few generations.

SuperFerret said:
I want PEOPLE on New Earth. With just six, the species will become inbred within only a few generations.

Yeah, I remember learning that you need 26 people(13 males and 13 females) to start a new generation, but that would be too many occupation possibilities. People would start inviting athletes and best buy employees to come alone.

ok, i think this is REALLY obvious, but no one has said it, some who can pilot the damn ship, would really help.

then again, i'd rather assemble a crack team and steal more ships, thus saving more people:up: but thats just me.

I think somebody brought that up in my class and my teacher didn't know what to say. she went "Uh, assume you're an astronaut". Haha.

Also, what about a priest or something. Will we want religion in the new world?

dude, your tachers thick, she does relise that thereare like several loop holes, right?

first theres the crew who need to maintain the ship, say what 7 of them? thewn you'e got you and your five, boosting the total up to about a min. of 13 people, other wise you'll never get off of earth.

and what kind of name is "new earth"? call it bob.

Aside from myself:

1. A Professor
2. A Movie Star
3. A Millionaire (his wife can sit on his lap if she wants)
4. A Hot Brunette
5. A Scrawny, Goofy Sidekick

:p

Haha, but we need something to believe in on Bob. I'd want religion, just not politics.

Colossal Spoons said:
Haha, but we need something to believe in on Bob. I'd want religion, just not politics.
but if you start religion then you start all sorts of things you can't have religion.

as for politics, "i'm king screw you" sound the best system there.

My Navy Seal wouldn't hesitate to kill you if you appointed yourself king lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"