Superman Returns Songs in the film and on the soundtrack.

Yuck, I hate when they have rock or pop music in a film like this. Just instrumentals.

Nivek said:
Kill it, now. When Kevin Federline is mentioned, everything is rock bottom.

Seriously, PopoZao is so bad it's insulting. It's supposed to be in Portuguese, but Mr. Spears can't say ***** in Portuguese. It's unsulting to me as a Brazilain and as a human being, because it's so freaking BAD!

God damn it.

Sverdlovski said:
Seriously, PopoZao is so bad it's insulting. It's supposed to be in Portuguese, but Mr. Spears can't say ***** in Portuguese. It's unsulting to me as a Brazilain and as a human being, because it's so freaking BAD!

God damn it.
Easy, man, or you'll sprain something. I know all about this kind of stuff man. In the eighties Yakov Schmirnov was doing Russian standup in America and making a killing. No real comedy buff thought it was funny, but the general public in America was laughing because the propoganda machine that is the US government had the majority of America convinced that Russia didn't actually have comedy. Although, I will say that Kevin Federline does reside in the top five listing of people that makes me embarrassed to be American.:) If Jon Peters had his way, PopoZao would probably perform the whole soundtrack to SR. He knows what kind of music fits Superman because he's "from the streets."

Why do you do this? You've made me want to see a fan-created music video of that.

As long as they leave the pop/rock music out of the movie its all good

Another link from comics2film.com, and this time it's samples of the upcoming Superman soundtrack. 14 bands recorded these songs for the film and i can't wait to hear them. I'm still fixing up my comp because I moved but I should have them up soon. Click on any of the titles to hear the a sample!

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=18868

Sara Routh has a song on the track aswell. And oddly enough there's a song titled "Brainiac's Daughter"?

Thoughts?

-\S/

Darn there was a thread? My bad. :( Cool to know though. I don't know if they'll be in the movie. Looks to me that they'll just be a soundtrack.

I listended to the preview clips...really the songs don't sound too bad...I just wish they would have stuck with the Foo Fighters version of "My Hero" I'm not sure I like that acousitc version they are using.

Of course this will never replace a score CD, but hey it's a nice supplement, especially since a) it is likely none of the songs will actually be in the movie, and b) Kelly Clarkson is nowhere near it like she was rumored :D

Can't wait to hear them. I'll get my speakers hooked up later tomorrow.

db85usa said:
yea i hope they play Eminem's "Superman" when he's saving Lois from something...:rolleyes:

Could be worse...the rumor could have been true and Eminem would be in that "s**tty" suit. :o

77599.jpg

The indefatigable Superman legend returns to the big screen in 2006 with the highly anticipated movie Superman Returns starring Brandon Routh as the Man of Steel. In celebration of this latest chapter, 14 hot new bands deliver Superman-inspired songs. Features The Sun with The Kinks' "(I Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman," The Films with Donovan's "Sunshine Superman," and American Hi-Fi with "The Rescue."

I think the onlt two tracks i liked is Superman and the one Sara Routh sings. But the album is terrible. The cover is a meh and so are the pop songs!

SpiderDaniel said:
I think the onlt two tracks i liked is Superman and the one Sara Routh sings. But the album is terrible. The cover is a meh and so are the pop songs!

Hey "My Hero" is great when done by the Foo Fighters, and "Sunshine Superman" is a classic track... I jsut wish they'd picked better bands

Why did they not include "Kryptonite"?? I love that song, and frankly it would work quite well.

Superman79 said:
Hey "My Hero" is great when done by the Foo Fighters, and "Sunshine Superman" is a classic track... I jsut wish they'd picked better bands

Well thats the problem I have with this album. It's a lot of songs that were done by better artists. I dont have a problem with the bands but some of these just dont translate well into covers. I'm really not digging this at all. I enjoy all kinds of music but this seems to be catering a little too much to the "hipster" crowd. I thought an "inspired by" album would be a good idea but this seems out of place. I think I'll stick to just the score. Let's hope that turns out much better. Ah well I guess not everything is going to be something I like.

Yeesh. If you're going to pay the ASCAP rights to have the song, might as well have just sprung for a collection instead of these wishy washy "interpretations" plus half of the selections don't seem too well thought out: REM's, yes. Foo Fighters, yes. But no Laszlo Bane's "Superman?" No Five for Fighting? Granted, I understand it'd look weird on the back of the CD to have 6 different songs all called "Superman" but c'mon.

I only liked ONE song on this compilation, and it's Brainiac's Daughter. I think that could actually get some decent play on an alternative station.

Michael Corleone said:
Well thats the problem I have with this album. It's a lot of songs that were done by better artists. I dont have a problem with the bands but some of these just dont translate well into covers. I'm really not digging this at all. I enjoy all kinds of music but this seems to be catering a little too much to the "hipster" crowd. I thought an "inspired by" album would be a good idea but this seems out of place. I think I'll stick to just the score. Let's hope that turns out much better. Ah well I guess not everything is going to be something I like.

ah...touche

Meh, its aimed at 13yo kids anyway...

'Songs of Superman' should be a William Shattner spoken word album :up: :o

Crap, I just listened to MY HERO - redone by 'Paramore' :(

This is worse than the entire SMALLVILLE album.

wow those samples are just god-awful. I liked one song ... Spill Canvas - Saved .. but then again Spill Canvas is one of my favorite bands. and I actually like some of the bands on this album and still think these just suck

Im sorry but all these bands scream 'Record Label Alternative'... Its alternative music for kids.

I hope this CD's goes triple platinum. The more money WB can make of Supes the better. It's business and just because I don't care to much for the bands, doesn't mean it wont' "fly" off the shelves.

I have no doubt it will sell, I just wont be getting a copy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"