Superman Returns Songs in the film and on the soundtrack.

Fatboy Roberts said:
Hell, Moroder's Superman III score is better than this collection, and that's saying something.
Ok... diss Giorgio one more time and I'll Push You to the Limit, man. You'll be finished.

Showtime029 said:
WB is probably under the most pressure. Look at their track record with superheroes before Begins.

It's actually pretty decent, depending on who you ask and your own individual opinions. DC was king before Marvel, but their ability to sustain a franchise was seriously, badly lacking. That killed it for them and ushered in the reign of Marvel. Now it looks like Marvel is flooding the market although they have very strong sequels, which is a lesson learned from the past. DC wants back in, and so far they've got a nice foot in the door (or the door was kicked in by Batman) and I think Superman Returns will be an important victory if achieved, but they will still have a great battle if they want back that crown.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
It's actually pretty decent, depending on who you ask and your own individual opinions. DC was king before Marvel, but their ability to sustain a franchise was seriously, badly lacking. That killed it for them and ushered in the reign of Marvel. Now it looks like Marvel is flooding the market although they have very strong sequels, which is a lesson learned from the past. DC wants back in, and so far they've got a nice foot in the door (or the door was kicked in by Batman) and I think Superman Returns will be an important victory if achieved, but they will still have a great battle if they want back that crown.

I was refering to the issues with Batman & Robin and Catwoman respectively. Never mind Superman 3 & 4, Superman 4 was shot over to Globus or Cannon.

Yeah, Batman and Robin and Catwoman were crap, but that's cancelled out with the deluge of crap Marvel films like Daredevil, Elektra, Hulk, FF, and maybe 1 or 2 that I'm forgetting.

Batman and Superman and both of those films' immediate sequels helped DC maintain the crown for awhile, but that was in a time when comic book movies were rather rare and Marvel was basically in the low-budget B-movie game (Captain America, The Punisher). Now it's quite different.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Yeah, Batman and Robin and Catwoman were crap, but that's cancelled out with the deluge of crap Marvel films like Daredevil, Elektra, Hulk, FF, and maybe 1 or 2 that I'm forgetting.

Batman and Superman and both of those films' immediate sequels helped DC maintain the crown for awhile, but that was in a time when comic book movies were rather rare and Marvel was basically in the low-budget B-movie game (Captain America, The Punisher). Now it's quite different.

I am not comparing Marvel with DC, I am only tracing some of the tracks left behind by DC. I actually liked Daredevil. I thought it was fun for what it was.

Oh, well I tend to since it seems it's always a fight between the two. The actions of one company seem to affect the other and you see this in their films and film strategies.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Oh, well I tend to since it seems it's always a fight between the two. The actions of one company seem to affect the other and you see this in their films and film strategies.

I think there is battle between the two in the comics, but it is much less evident in the films.

Showtime029 said:
I think there is battle between the two in the comics, but it is much less evident in the films.

Yeah, but you can see how one company addresses certain defeats or bad moves the other company has made. These years with comic book movies have been a chess match between the two, with each company learning from the harsh lessons of the other and using it in an attempt to not only make their movie better, but to perpetuate the franchise itself.

Showtime029 said:
I am not comparing Marvel with DC, I am only tracing some of the tracks left behind by DC. I actually liked Daredevil. I thought it was fun for what it was.

M-Fer, lemme break from my " sir, good evening, nice day " character for a minute, and thats what it is, a character I play for a message board. Don't you EVER talk down again about anything, movie, comics, storylines, music in a movie. Yes I created this thread as a damn gag thread with all the stupid songs and bands ( the soundtrack should be all score ). But you my not so good friend have lost any inkling of credibilty that you had when you, above, you state that you liked Daredevil. " Daredevil " is what gives comic movie haters ammunition to bash any movie comic related, and skeptics who have never seen a comic movie dread seeing a movie like Daredevil. Good job in promoting the skepticsm of the genre.

P.S. Have a good evening. Same thoughts on the Fantastic Four by the way.

tabLengle said:
M-Fer, lemme break from my " sir, good evening, nice day " character for a minute, and thats what it is, a character I play for a message board. Don't you EVER talk down again about anything, movie, comics, storylines, music in a movie. Yes I created this thread as a damn gag thread with all the stupid songs and bands ( the soundtrack should be all score ). But you my not so good friend have lost any inkling of credibilty that you had when you, above, you state that you liked Daredevil. " Daredevil " is what gives comic movie haters ammunition to bash any movie comic related, and skeptics who have never seen a comic movie dread seeing a movie like Daredevil. Good job in promoting the skepticsm of the genre.

P.S. Have a good evening. Same thoughts on the Fantastic Four by the way.

Very...what's the word...interesting...post. I said I liked Daredevil for what it was, which was a minor league comic book. It was still entertaining, Batman Begins it isn't.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Yeah, but you can see how one company addresses certain defeats or bad moves the other company has made. These years with comic book movies have been a chess match between the two, with each company learning from the harsh lessons of the other and using it in an attempt to not only make their movie better, but to perpetuate the franchise itself.

They do play off one another I agree.

Showtime029 said:
Very...what's the word...interesting...post. I said I liked Daredevil for what it was, which was a minor league comic book. It was still entertaining, Batman Begins it isn't.

My post was from the heart.

its so easy, the rescue, and save me wil be hits im sure.

tabLengle said:
yea well who gives a **** " sir ".

So you're trying to tell me I can't like Daredevil, because you and some other comic fanatics don't like it? That seems a little bit overbearing.

Showtime029 said:
So you're trying to tell me I can't like Daredevil, because you and some other comic fanatics don't like it? That seems a little bit overbearing.

I wasn't attacking you for liking Daredevil, not at all. Im just attacking your taste in and regard for comic book films and for promoting the worst suspicions about comic book films. But it's a free country, like what you like.

tabLengle said:
I wasn't attacking you for liking Daredevil, not at all. Im just attacking your taste in and regard for comic book films and for promoting the worst suspicions about comic book films. But it's a free country, like what you like.

I didn't say it was the best comic book film of all time. It's not like I said I liked Catwoman...

They made a Catwoman movie?????

Yea thats right *****es, I don't even acknowledge catwoman's existence outside of Batman Returns.

Ok... diss Giorgio one more time and I'll Push You to the Limit, man. You'll be finished.

You'd better rush rush for some yeyo before you try that, player :)

I actually kinda dig Giorgio, to tell the truth. Not so much his film work, but his early experiments in funk/disco. Especially "Love to Love You" because that's still pretty much the best representation of sex on record ever. it's like an 11 minute orgasm with a bassline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"