Sonic The Hedgehog.

Roger Craig Smith stepping down from voicing Sonic. Really unfortunate, as I really liked his voice and thought he made a great first impression with Sonic Colors.

Here's his actual tweet. Doesn't sound like he's stepping down to me. Does this sound like a voluntary stepping down?

Here's his actual tweet. Doesn't sound like he's stepping down to me. Does this sound like a voluntary stepping down?

Well, he did say 10 years was an amazing run instead of is. Not to mention the heart broken in half. Perhaps he's leaving, perhaps his contract expired, but 'Onward to new zones' doesn't exactly sound like 'Yeah, I'm gonna keep voicing the character.'

Well, he did say 10 years was an amazing run instead of is. Not to mention the heart broken in half. Perhaps he's leaving, perhaps his contract expired, but 'Onward to new zones' doesn't exactly sound like 'Yeah, I'm gonna keep voicing the character.'

Doesn't sound like its his choice to me.

The end of an Era, I wonder who will be the next voice of Sonic going forward.

Some good, and possibly expected, news. Mike Pollock confirms that he'll still be voicing Eggman. In the games, at least. Nothing yet about the series. But hey, like Deem Bristow, the man has helped define the Eggman voice. There's a reason he remained on after Sega moved on from the 4Kids cast.

I keep reading here and there about the occasional glitch that Ultimate has. Hopefully those issues are fixed, since I see comparisons made to Sonic Adventure DX.

Admittedly, I don't think DX was all that glitchy.

I swear they are always re-releasing those games

Those animated sequences are really fantastic. I just don't understand why they're not putting this out in a physical copy.

Those animated sequences are really fantastic. I just don't understand why they're not putting this out in a physical copy.
Bc the audience for this is small. Its a bunch of games that have been released multiple times.

I swear they are always re-releasing those games

I still have Sonic Mega Collection for my GameCube/Wii if I want to revisit the classics. Yeah, it doesn't include Sonic CD, so Origins has that over it, but I won't lose sleep over that.

Well, there's at least now gameplay footage of Frontiers. This still being Sonic Team, I'm forever skeptical, but it looks different at least.

Just make Sonic Adventure 3.

I think Sega and Sonic Team are well past the point of trying to do another Adventure game or even SA3. 06, bad as it was, might be the closest people will get- even though Unleashed is called Sonic World Adventure- but it seems like Sega is all in on the boost formula, so I doubt we get a return to anything Adventure-related.

Unless, let's say Sonic Frontiers is a bust and Sega needs an ace in the hole. At that point, maybe if things got bad enough for Sega and Sonic Team, they could use Adventure 3 as something to fall back on that would at least guarantee them some sales.

It looks like an early tech demo and very incomplete. Why would Sega release this?

Also, how do fans feel about Sonic using martial arts?

It looks like a fan-made project in Unreal Engine.
Except some of those actually look fun. Sonic in the footage we got looks slow, and the combat looks unintuitive, clunky, and repetetive. At least some of the fangames actually let Sonic pick up serious speed, on occasion they even have him do so through momentum rather than relying on boosting as a crutch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"