Sonic The Hedgehog.

I am genuinely waiting for a new Sonic game for PS4 and Xbone. Not another 2006 debacle of course.

The Shallows Movie Review

[YT]NHjVxujK0ik[/YT]

• 7 hours ago
EP Daily Rundown for June 23, 2016
Today marks the 25th anniversary of the very first Sonic the Hedgehog game, and to celebrate, we've got news about an all-new game featuring the character. We also score the latest on NHL 17, the new Spider-Man movie, the possibility of Ghost Rider speeding into the Marvel cinematic universe, great news about the fifth Indiana Jones adventure, and finally, hear the latest on the Ghostbusters remake.

It’s Sonic the Hedgehog’s 25th birthday, and fans have something new to look forward to. 25 years ago today, the very first Sonic the Hedgehog game was released on the Sega Genesis, kicking off a franchise that has seen dozens of games and spin-offs. We haven’t seen the last of the blue hedgehog, either. Speaking with Japanese magazine Famitsu, the head of Sega’s Sonic Team Takashi Iizuka confirmed that they’re currently working on an all-new game. He didn’t reveal any hints about what players can expect, and there have already been several rumours that a new Sonic game is on the way. Whatever it ends up being, it will likely be multi-platform, given that the exclusive deal that Sega inked with Nintendo ended with the last game, Sonic Boom. Speaking of which, Sonic has been going through a rough patch lately. Despite the character’s longevity, the last few Sonic games have been disappointing to say the least, and were flops both critically and commercially. Since we love Sonic, we hope that future games in the series will be a big improvement.

Hockey season just ended, but EA Sports is getting ready to drop the puck once again. NHL 17 will skate onto the PS4 and Xbox One on September 13, just one month before the next real NHL hockey season begins. EA has also revealed the game’s cover athlete: St Louis Blues alternate captain Vladimir Tarasenko, who was chosen by fans in an online vote. As for what’s new in the game itself, the popular EA Sports Hockey League and Be a GM modes have loads of new customization options, allowing you to tailor the look of your team and their home arena.

There are also three completely new modes, including the new and improved International Tournament Mode that features all of the World Cup of Hockey teams, which means players will be able to take control of their favorite national teams for the first time. The developers have also completely redesigned the goalie AI in a bid to make the goaltending feel more authentic and life-like. A public beta test for NHL 17 will begin later this month, and you can find a link to sign up now in the description below this video. The new Spider-Man movie is has caught a very talented actor in its web. Michael Mando, best known to gamers as the psychotic Vaas in Far Cry 3,has been cast in the new web-slinging film Spider-Man: Homecoming. The Hollywood Reporter broke the news about Mando’s casting, but there’s no word yet on what character he might be playing. This will be the first Spidey movie that takes place within the shared Marvel Cinematic Universe as part of a deal between Sony Pictures and Marvel’s parent company Disney, which means any number of familiar characters from the Marvel library can show up. Spider-Man himself will be played by British actor Tom Holland, who recently debuted as the character in Captain America: Civil War, and his mentor in that film, Robert Downey Jr, will reprise his iconic role of Iron Man. Spider-Man: Homecoming will swing into cinemas next summer.

And another wayward Marvel character could be riding home to the shared cinematic universe. The devilish stunt motorcyclist Ghost Rider might appear in the next season of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD. The show’s official Twitter account has released a photo of an advertisement that will appear along the side of a San Diego commuter train during next month’s Comic Con, and it appears to hint that Ghost Rider is coming to the show. It has a flaming chain just like the one Ghost Rider uses, and the description above the photo tells users to “get fired up.” Chances are this is just be a reference to the show’s existing character Hellfire, but we want to believe that it’s Ghost Rider. Until a few years ago, the cinematic rights to the character were owned by Sony Pictures, which is how the Nicolas Cage movies were made. Marvel reacquired the rights to Ghost Rider around the same time that they got back Daredevil, so he’s fair game to appear in the shared cinematic universe whenever they want. The San Diego Comic Con begins on July 21.

Another old fossil is being dug up for the new Indiana Jones movie. We already knew that the upcoming fifth film in the series will star Harrison Ford and be directed by Steven Spielberg, and now we know that the third member of the team will be back as well. Speaking with reporters during a press event for his latest movie The BFG,

Steven Spielberg confirmed that his friend and collaborator George Lucas will once again serve as executive producer on the film. Lucas created the Indiana Jones character and came up with the stories for all the previous films, and Spielberg says that he would never make an Indy movie without him. This might come as a relief to some fans; George Lucas is semi-retired and took a back seat during the making of the latest Star Wars movie The Force Awakens, so it looks like he’ll have a little more involvement with the new Indy adventure. It rolls into theatres in Summer 2019.[URL="http://epn.tv/all/spotlight/ep-daily-rundown-for-june-23-2016/"]

[/URL]

Also with

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Sonic the Hedgehog video celebrates 25 years[/FONT]
Published 10 hours ago. 103 comments.
Happy 25th anniversary, Sonic.

Sonic-25th-Ann_06-23-16.jpg

Sega has released a new video in commemoration of Sonic the Hedgehog‘s 25th anniversary, which is today.

The trailer runs through the past 25 years of Sonic games, which include:

• Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic CD
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  • Sonic 3D Blast
  • Sonic R
  • Sonic Adventure
  • Sonic Adventure 2
  • Sonic Heroes
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (2006–Now Loading…)
  • Sonic Unleashed
  • Sonic Colors
  • Sonic Generations
  • Sonic Boom
As the timeline reaches 2016, Sega teases, “Who knows what surprises lay in store for Sonic‘s 25th anniversary? (Actually, we do, but we can’t tell you yet.)”

The next Sonic game is expected to be announced on or before the Sonic the Hedgehog 25th anniversary party in San Diego on July 22. A Japanese anniversary party will happen this Saturday, June 25.

[YT]SChPv1Z-c0M[/YT]

Read More

Industry, Uncategorized, Clips, Sega, Sonic the Hedgehog, Trailers

source:
[URL="http://epn.tv/"]EPN.tv[/URL]& Gematsu

Steam has a bundle deal for the major Sonic games for its Summer Sale.

hope we get some news on the new game and/or the movie soon

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice Chills Out With More Footage Of The Game’s Ice World. July 5, 2016 . 9:30am

The latest footage from the upcoming Nintendo 3DS title shows off the game’s opening as well as more of its Ice World.

9 comments Read >
New gameplay footage of Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice has surfaced, courtesy of Nintendaan. The new footage shows off the game’s opening as well as more footage of its Ice World. You can check it out below.
[YT]_mGQXK2Wmqs[/YT]

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice will release for the Nintendo 3DS on September 27th in North America, on September 30th in Europe, and on October 1st in Australia. It will release in Japan sometime this year.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Sonic 2006- 4K Edition.

Joking aside, curious, since anniversary titles for Sonic have been hit and miss. People every now and then say they want an updated version of Adventure 1 and 2, even though they're both bad games, but honestly, I say just make something combining the best of the Adventure titles with the boost formula of Unleashed/Colors/Generations.

I dindt think they were bad games. SA 1 was great. 2 wasnt as good but it was good enough

I loved adventure. Felt like a natural progression. 2, like you said, wasn't as good.. But still fun.

They both haven't aged well, but they have their good elements and outright abysmal. Big the Cat, the voice acting, glitchy character models, controls, Rouge the Bat, and to some Shadow the Hedgehog. I think SEGA could have taken a page or two from Nintendo when they made the transition to 3D and limit the voice acting in Sonic games to avoid dating Sonic. I think that's a major fault in the character is he will never be timeless, and will become this dated 90s relic to some extent.

I wish they would stop introducing so many new characters. It is also a pity that Knuckles has become such a joke. He was a much better character in the comics.

SONIC MANIA ANNOUNCED. Spring 2017. PlayStation 4. Xbox One. PC.

KtmpdFo.gif

[YT]watch?v=KxmtYdEWVzo[/YT]

It's the ultimate Sonic celebration! Sonic returns in a new 2D platforming high speed adventure, and he's not alone!

Developed in collaboration between SEGA, Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and PagodaWest Games, experience new zones and remixed classic levels with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles!

Last edited:
Oh **** yeah. I'm in. I'm there. Give it to me now!!!!

I dindt think they were bad games. SA 1 was great. 2 wasnt as good but it was good enough

I disagree heavily. Folks seem to be blinded by nostalgia for these two titles and keep debating which is better when they've both aged terribly. For every treasure hunting or mech shooting stage, there's Big's fishing or terrible voice acting. Adventure 1 and 2 are, at best, DECENT Sonic games, but they're not good video games. Colors and Generations may not be completely 3D, but they're more polished and hold up more than SA 1 or 2 ever will on replays.

By the way, did anyone else watch this 25th anniversary stream? Because it was laughably bad with all the audio problems.

I disagree heavily. Folks seem to be blinded by nostalgia for these two titles and keep debating which is better when they've both aged terribly. For every treasure hunting or mech shooting stage, there's Big's fishing or terrible voice acting. Adventure 1 and 2 are, at best, DECENT Sonic games, but they're not good video games. Colors and Generations may not be completely 3D, but they're more polished and hold up more than SA 1 or 2 ever will on replays.

By the way, did anyone else watch this 25th anniversary stream? Because it was laughably bad with all the audio problems.

The audio problems were one of the highlights. Overly long concerts, Hello Kitty, Totino's. The show was awful.

PROJECT SONIC 2017 announced. Holiday 2017. PlayStation 4. Xbox One. Nintendo NX. PC.

CoBlBC8WIAAdD3a.jpg

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCh9--2xcKk[/YT]

When things look their darkest, even heroes need a helping hand.

Debuted at Sonic's 25th Anniversary Party, take a first look at the newest entry in Sonic's journey, arriving Holiday 2017

Last edited:
The audio problems were one of the highlights. Overly long concerts, Hello Kitty, Totino's. The show was awful.

And that poor person in the Sonic costume. Not sure what to think of the tone of this new Sonic 3D game, but it's by the folks behind Colors and Generations, so that's at least promising.

SONIC MANIA ANNOUNCED. Spring 2017. PlayStation 4. Xbox One. PC.

CoBOtAfWAAE46eW.jpg

[YT]watch?v=KxmtYdEWVzo[/YT]
It's like they finally understood!
It's looking great and fun. It has my attention.

Sonic Mania....wow, a 2D Sonic game thats not on the Nintendo handheld. Didnt think that was possible. Im intrigued.

No its not nostalgia. Im judging them based on how they were when they released on the Dreamcast and they were pretty good games. Plenty of good games age horribly, but that doesnt mean they were always bad games. I would say that about most PS1 titles, which I have a hard time playing today based o all the advancements in the industry. It doesnt take away from the achievement they were when released. Sonic Adventure falls into that category

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"