Morbius Sony announces a Morbius movie in development!

That additional SILVER SABLE easter egg is the biggest eyeroll, too

Kraven has delivery trucks for pastries now, okay. lmao, the ingredients must have came from the the animals he hunted.

This will be Johnson's fifth comic book movie. He has been in Hellboy, Kingsman, Kick Ass and X-Men First Class.

Don’t know, you will have to ask a mod nicely

Man, I cannot wait for trailer for this disaster :lmao:

And you know it's a disaster because you've read the script, seen the concept art and auditions and been on set, right?
Ohhh, wait, I see it's not produced by Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios... it HAS to be a disaster.
If, in an alternate universe, the exact same Venom film had Feige's name slapped onto it, a couple of nods to the MCU and some useless cameo, people would have a better opinion of it.

And you know it's a disaster because you've read the script, seen the concept art and auditions and been on set, right?
Ohhh, wait, I see it's not produced by Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios... it HAS to be a disaster.
If, in an alternate universe, the exact same Venom film had Feige's name slapped onto it, a couple of nods to the MCU and some useless cameo, people would have a better opinion of it.

It's sony but it is nice someone is stanning, I guess :lmao:

I’ll never get how people could have any faith in Sony after they almost ruined the Spider-Man franchise

It's sony but it is nice someone is stanning, I guess :lmao:

I’ll never get how people could have any faith in Sony after they almost ruined the Spider-Man franchise

While the higher ups at Sony are not to be trusted, Sony as a studio gave us Spider-verse, didn't it?
And some people really liked Venom, warts and all.

While the higher ups at Sony are not to be trusted, Sony as a studio gave us Spider-verse, didn't it?
And some people really liked Venom, warts and all.

An animated movie. That’s easy to do. And so what? Venom was meh and I swear it made the money it did cause people thought it was an mcu entry

An animated movie. That’s easy to do. And so what? Venom was meh and I swear it made the money it did cause people thought it was an mcu entry

Venom did well because people found it fun, whether bad movie fun or just fun does not really matter: you not liking it does not invalidate the opinions of others.

And making a great animated movie is far from easy.

Venom did well because people found it fun, whether bad movie fun or just fun does not really matter: you not liking it does not invalidate the opinions of others.

And making a great animated movie is far from easy.

Didn’t say I didn’t like it did I? And yea of course it was fun doesn’t make it good. The resident evil movies are dumb fun. Doesn’t make them good either. And it’s not but it’s easier then say live action in some ways. Plus don’t didn’t interfere like before

Didn’t say I didn’t like it did I? And yea of course it was fun doesn’t make it good. The resident evil movies are dumb fun. Doesn’t make them good either. And it’s not but it’s easier then say live action in some ways. Plus don’t didn’t interfere like before

That's my point, we can not dismiss beforehand the quality of a movie only based on the studio producing it, at least not before seeing any promotional material at all.
Morbius is a secondary enough character that anything could come from it, it could go the way of the first Blade movie (nothing extraordinary but a damn good result for what they were aiming for, not unlike Venom) or it could be a trainwreck, that's also very possible.
More probably, it will be something inbetween.

Regarding animation, you underestimate how hard it is to really produce something emotionally resonating with all ages, not a coincidence that there is only one Pixar.
If it wasn't such a difficult enterprise, the other studios would sure have produced a lot more worthy competition in that arena in the last few years.
How many all ages good to great animated movies do we get a year from Hollywood? A couple at best?
Seems hard work to me.

Last edited:
That's my point, we can not dismiss beforehand the quality of a movie only based on the studio producing it, at least not before seeing any promotional material at all.
Morbius is a secondary enough character that anything could come from it, it could go the way of the first Blade movie (nothing extraordinary but a damn good result for what they were aiming for, not unlike Venom) or it could be a trainwreck, that's also very possible.
More probably, it will be something inbetween.

Regarding animation, you underestimate how hard it is to really produce something emotionally resonating with all ages, not a coincidence that there is only one Pixar.
If it wasn't such a difficult enterprise, the other studios would sure have produced a lot more worthy competition in that arena in the last few years.
How many all ages good to great animated movies do we get a year from Hollywood? A couple at best?
Seems hard work to me.

Maybe Sony should stick to animation then and try not to do love action. Let marvel handle that then

Maybe Sony should stick to animation then and try not to do love action. Let marvel handle that then
Nice typo. :D

I would love it if the rights went fully to Marvel but as of now I wish that whatever is produced is worthwhile.

Even if Morbius turns out great I would still understand people wishing Sony would relinquish the rights sooner than later, I also hope that.
But personal hopes aside, the quality of a given movie is dictated only by said movie itself, and that is without going into the subjectivity of taste and all that jazz.

My point is that Morbius will be whatever it will be on the strenght of the work put into it, the previous lackluster productions by Sony have no bearing on it.
They have understandably bearing on your skepticism but that is totally different than completely dismissing sight unseen the work of a whole crew.

Nice typo. :D

I would love it if the rights went fully to Marvel but as of now I wish that whatever is produced is worthwhile.

Even if Morbius turns out great I would still understand people wishing Sony would relinquish the rights sooner than later, I also hope that.
But personal hopes aside, the quality of a given movie is dictated only by said movie itself, and that is without going into the subjectivity of taste and all that jazz.

My point is that Morbius will be whatever it will be on the strenght of the work put into it, the previous lackluster productions by Sony have no bearing on it.
They have understandably bearing on your skepticism but that is totally different than completely dismissing sight unseen the work of a whole crew.

Nice catch. But I don’t trust Sony . Never will . Once ok movie won’t just win me over. I don’t see how anyone can fully trust them. They’ll just screw up again. They are dying company begging for a hit. If the whispers are true I hope they get sold and marvel gets the rights fully back so we won’t have this back and forth and making movies with rogues gallery characters

Nice catch. But I don’t trust Sony . Never will . Once ok movie won’t just win me over. I don’t see how anyone can fully trust them. They’ll just screw up again. They are dying company begging for a hit. If the whispers are true I hope they get sold and marvel gets the rights fully back so we won’t have this back and forth and making movies with rogues gallery characters
Well, nobody fully trusts them I would say, just the benefit of the doubt at least until we see any promotional material.

I don't think they ruined it, TASM was a pretty bad and lazy movie but TASM2 was overall an improvement (not a good movie but not bad, far from embarrassing). Warner, Disney have also made many, or more, bad choices.

I don't think they ruined it, TASM was a pretty bad and lazy movie but TASM2 was overall an improvement (not a good movie but not bad, far from embarrassing). Warner, Disney have also made many, or more, bad choices.
Nah. Tasm 2 was far from an improvement

@ironwez20 Sony has already gone down in Superhero Movie History for the comeback of a century

Also, holy ****, this is the director of that Venom prequel with Ryan Reynolds and Jake Gyllenhaal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"