Morbius Sony announces a Morbius movie in development!

The guy who wrote Arrival also wrote A Nightmare on Elm Street remake, The Thing prequel, and Final Destination 5 before writing Arrival. The guy who wrote Green Lantern wrote Logan. The writer of the Twilight movies ran Jessica Jones. It not like these movies get made on spec, they are wrote under instruction, both the good ones and the bad ones

Not to mention the Russo Bros directed You, Me, and Dupree of all things before eventually creating the masterpiece that was Winter Soldier. In the realm of comic book film adaptations, stranger things have indeed happened. But it's like some of us are only content if the director or writer in question has a stellar track record with no blemishes.

The guy who wrote Arrival also wrote A Nightmare on Elm Street remake, The Thing prequel, and Final Destination 5 before writing Arrival. The guy who wrote Green Lantern wrote Logan. The writer of the Twilight movies ran Jessica Jones. It not like these movies get made on spec, they are wrote under instruction, both the good ones and the bad ones

Fair point.

Eh...after my usual knee jerk reaction of "Just stop Sony..." I will say that Morbius could have a chance of having a decent solo movie, given that he's not "really" a villain in the traditional sense. This makes more sense to me than Silver & Black and doing a Venom solo this early.

Having said that though, I don't have faith in Sony and my expectations are at ground level.

Like they're doing with Venom, I think using the "old masters of horror"-directors as a model would be ideal for Morbius as well. An American Werewolf In London, Dario Argento's Phenomena, and Cronenberg's The Fly all have the right tone for inspiration.

I wish this would just end. I don't want Sony involved with Spider-Man anymore.

There are potential story-elements from the comics that could be effectively incorporated into the film aside from the obvious origin.

There's this two-part story from Vampire Tales:

Vampire%2BTales%2B%25233.jpg

....and there's also Joe Keatinge and Richard Elson's 2013-run "The Man Called Morbius"

5e5e5143dd9f32334db88a8e70f7d63a-morbius53.jpg

I keep reading this as Mobius movie.

But that would probably flop like Valerian did.

Can we get a cash grabs sub forum now please? I don't see these stopping anytime soon and eventually Spider-man Homecoming is going to have some actual sequel news . . . .

I will say though with a connected MCU these could be fun.

Likewise. I'll give it a shot.

Same here. I'd rather Sony screw up Venom, Black Cat, Silver Sable, and Morbius than Spider-man again.

And it's one of the things I like about these side films(in concept) we probably were never going to see Morbius on screen otherwise. But concept is nothing, execution is everything.

Can we get a cash grabs sub forum now please? I don't see these stopping anytime soon and eventually Spider-man Homecoming is going to have some actual sequel news . . . .

When Spider-Man: Homecoming gets a sequel title announced, it'll probably get a forum. Until then, one forum is fine and these nonsense ideas are fine here. Certainly, they don't deserve more than this.

Same here. I'd rather Sony screw up Venom, Black Cat, Silver Sable, and Morbius than Spider-man again.

And it's one of the things I like about these side films(in concept) we probably were never going to see Morbius on screen otherwise. But concept is nothing, execution is everything.

These are no-risk films for Spider-man fans. With Spidey's future in the MCU, he's safe from Sony missteps. However, we could get something memorable from characters who might have never seen live action outside of this scenario.

I always wanted to see Morbius with a Blade project. At this point I think Sony has every Spidey character on a big board somewhere and just throw darts at it to see who gets a potential film.

At this point there will be no more villains to introduce in solo-Spidey films.

When is Sony going to learn that these characters aren't very interesting if they don't have Spider-Man to play off of?

Did you really want to see Morbius as a Spiderman villain? I always thought he was never the right fit as a Spiderman antagonist. Would prefer to see him go up against Blade, or Elsa Bloodstone tbh.

Spiderman fights street criminals and science experiments gone wrong. Seeing him fighting vampires or cosmic beings always seemed strange to me.

There's plenty of villains in Spidermans rouge gallery. Losing Morbius isn't that big a deal imo.

I'm sold by the idea, but I'm hesitant with Sony as a studio. There probably going to try and make it like Deadpool. :/

Tbh this is the perfect character for Sony to experiment. I'd rather they ***k up C list characters like Morbius and Sable than fan fave's like Venom and Kraven(Although I see potential in Kraven as a solo movie too).

In theory you could make this work. I look at Morbius like Dexter with vampirism. You could re-purpose the concept and have Morbius be a Doctor by day and "hero" by night feeding on street criminals.

Does Morbius revert to human form by day or was that something for the cartoons only? Either way it's a good idea that they should use. You can see him tackling the challenges of leading a dual life. Throw in a tragic love interest and bingo! There's your movie. :cool:

Last edited:
Did you really want to see Morbius as a Spiderman villain?

Honestly, I don't think I cared whether he was a Spidey villain or not, so I guess that explains why this doesn't bother me as much. The last one to upset me was the rumored Kraven one. That would be depriving Spidey of a major villain.

Did you really want to see Morbius as a Spiderman villain? I always thought he was never the right fit as a Spiderman antagonist. Would prefer to see him go up against Blade, or Elsa Bloodstone tbh.

Spiderman fights street criminals and science experiments gone wrong. Seeing him fighting vampires or cosmic beings always seemed strange to me.

There's plenty of villains in Spidermans rouge gallery. Losing Morbius isn't that big a deal imo.

I actually do like Morbius as a Spider-Man villain for the reason you said you don't. He's so different and unusual from the other characters Spidey often takes on. That's why I think them together is appealing.

I think this could work, but I'm skeptical seeing Sony's track record.

Also, why are fanboys all of a sudden acting as though Morbius was going to be in the MCU series at some point? Out of all of the Spidey villains, he's seemed like the least prioritized for the new series. He's obviously way too dark for the MCU.

Eh, he could easily appear on Netflix, if they did decide to do some horror-themed shows. Or possibly in a Dr Strange sequel/spinoff, if they decided to go Midnight Sons.

While I wouldn't be heartbroken if Morbius never faced Spidey...he got his powers through a science experiment gone wrong lol. He's technically not a supernatural character or undead for that matter hence the "Living Vampire" tagline (though its possible him not being undead may have been retconned since his initial appearance). He's basically like the vampires from I Am Legend.

Last edited:
This will be tied into the Silver and Black movie... Morbius will have a romance with "FELIIIIIISHAA".

[YT]https://youtu.be/xXijjn7yTxQ[/YT]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"