Morbius Sony announces a Morbius movie in development!

We don't need anymore pointless sections that just ended up as wastelands like before.

Just use the watch this thread function and keep posting here.

I mean they're doing just that with Loki and he's killed a whole lotta people. Though I don't know if that's possible with Kraven.

I think the best way to go is to introduce him as a heroic figure and pull back that curtain like with Beck. Make it seem like he's trying to do the right thing by hunting down Venom or Morbius or whoever, only to have it turn out he's doing it for his own personal gain. Trophies like you said. I dunno, something like that if they plan on giving him his own movie still. If he's just gonna be an antagonist then him being a straight up villain is probably just fine.
Typo, I should have said irredeemable villain. You know like Purple Man for example.

Funnily enough I was thinking of Loki when I typed it, as he himself is somewhat redeemable.

Well the cast is much better here than it was in those TASM movies.
Seriously? TASM movies had some of the best castings in CBMs.
It wasted all of it's actors, no doubt, but that was script's problems not cast's.

Generic movie looks generic.

With the Toomes cameo, I have a feeling Sony has intentions of removing Spider-Man from the MCU into their own universe. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next MCU Spider-Man movie set up or make use of an exit strategy.

If Sony puts Holland Spidey in their dark universe, so Mrbius/Venom.Carnage/Silver Sabre are indeed part of MCU, like Netflix Hulu Freeform series,
with no MCU characters mentioned but only ester eggs (Hulk on Ben Ulrich's archives, battle of NYC...)

What if Keaton would play another character ? like Mahershala Ali plays 2 characters in MCU (Cottonmonth and Blade)

So what are the bets that what we see of Toomes in the trailer is something from the very end of the movie (maybe even a stinger) and probably all we see of him in the movie?

ASM2's trailer had armoured Rhino, Venom had the "turd in the wind", it would be just like Sony to stick this into the trailer to make it look like something far bigger than it actually is.

We don't need anymore pointless sections that just ended up as wastelands like before.

Just use the watch this thread function and keep posting here.
Eh. If thats the case then there should just be 1 discussion thread for Black Widow, Eternals, WW84, New Mutants, etc... of course its normal for a section to be inactive once the movie is out for a month or two. But do you really want to contain all things in 1 thread. No character threads, no thread for the director, no review/rate thread, no box office discussion thread, no Rt rating discussion thread, etc.

Eh. If thats the case then there should just be 1 discussion thread for Black Widow, Eternals, WW84, New Mutants, etc... of course its normal for a section to be inactive once the movie is out for a month or two. But do you really want to contain all things in 1 thread. No character threads, no thread for the director, no review/rate thread, no box office discussion thread, no Rt rating discussion thread, etc.

This film has no characters. They're all cardboard cutouts. :o

They were talking specifically about casting the Sinister Six though. The argument would be between the groups
[Keaton, Gyllenhaal, Hardy, Leto, Mando, Woodbine]
VS
[Ifans, Foxx, DeHaan, Giamatti]
Ah, OK.
But it looks more like just a casting of villains though, not the Sinister Six. Because, I'm not sure about Morbius and Venom pr Lizard being the part of the group.

What if Keaton would play another character ? like Mahershala Ali plays 2 characters in MCU (Cottonmonth and Blade)
I think that there is little to no chance that Sony would troll their audience when they have other Spiderverse movies in the pipeline that will need to be sold.

What if he's actually playing Birdman and not Vulture :o

That Tobey McGuire poster though.... I still want a Spider-Man 4.

So what are the bets that what we see of Toomes in the trailer is something from the very end of the movie (maybe even a stinger) and probably all we see of him in the movie?

ASM2's trailer had armoured Rhino, Venom had the "turd in the wind", it would be just like Sony to stick this into the trailer to make it look like something far bigger than it actually is.
I do have my expectations set on them trying to do something like the Vampires in Buffy the Vampire Slayer world and make their faces change when they enter feeding mode.

That Tobey McGuire poster though.... I still want a Spider-Man 4.
With the somewhat misleading tease last year, the leaked unfinished game for it and now Sony for some reason using the likeness of the Raimi suit for Morbius... after ten years, I still feel the same way. :csad:

Wait, were people expecting the "turd in the wind" thing to be anything other than what it was?

With the somewhat misleading tease last year, the leaked unfinished game for it and now Sony for some reason using the likeness of the Raimi suit for Morbius... after ten years, I still feel the same way. :csad:
Maybe we'll get in the future along with the canceled Tasm3 and S6.

Probably too early for this but I can't help but wonder what role Kraven will have in the Sony-Verse. Does he become a pseudo-hero that hunts down Morbius and Venom, and treats them as trophies.

Will he get absorbed into the Sinister 6 and become a straight up villain? I'm assuming they want to keep him morally grey at worse as they can't build a franchise on a irredeemable villain.
Its going to be interesting to see the reasons Morbius and Venom hunt Spider-Man.

I actually think we see Matt Smith more than once in the trailer.

It just takes place with clever editing. Remember the scene of "someone standing up" and the woman has a shocked look on her face.

I think thats Matt Smith since he appears to be the villain. She has this smug look on her face at first, but once he stands up she looks shocked. Probably seeing him in his true form.

Its going to be interesting to see the reasons Morbius and Venom hunt Spider-Man.
Tbh Spiderman will probably be the one hunting them. Considering there going t be percieved as villains in the public's eyes.
I actually think we see Matt Smith more than once in the trailer.

It just takes place with clever editing. Remember the scene of "someone standing up" and the woman has a shocked look on her face.

I think thats Matt Smith since he appears to be the villain. She has this smug look on her face at first, but once he stands up she looks shocked. Probably seeing him in his true form.
I just hope Matt doesn't play the evil version of Morbius. As in he get's vampires powers and becomes his rival. That really is a villain cliche I hope dies. We saw in IronMan 1, and more recently Venom. I'm over it.

I think that's exactly who Matt is playing. Sony looks to be replicating a similar formula to Venom here.

A good guy with a rough life gets infected by something that gives him heightened abilities at a terrible cost. He then finds himself hunted by people who want to use his abilities for something much worse, requiring him to give in to his gift/curse.

That's my guess at least.

Yeah, Matt Smith will be exactly that character. Did no one see any 2000s comic book film? Which Sony films often get compared to?

I dunno the ins and outs of this whole Sony/Marvel deal, but seems like it'll lead to more synergy. So what are the odds Mahershala has a cameo here? The Blade announcement always felt a bit premature to me, so it made me feel like he might pop up somewhere else prior to his solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"