Morbius Sony announces a Morbius movie in development!

It doesn't work for me.

And this was the one Sony/Spidey spin-off movie I was kinda on-board for.

Sheesh.

I just don’t understand where they came up with morbius of all people. Ever since twilight ruined the vampires reputation there haven’t been any vampire movies come out that I know of. And he’s not a very popular spidey villain. Should of made this movie in 2009 when the craze was happening

I just don’t understand where they came up with morbius of all people. Ever since twilight ruined the vampires reputation there haven’t been any vampire movies come out that I know of. And he’s not a very popular spidey villain. Should of made this movie in 2009 when the craze was happening

Who knows, Morbius could bring back the genre's dignity. As for the character not being "popular", hey; who would have guessed that first successful theatrical movie based on a Marvel hero was a c-string character named Blade?

Don't get me wrong, this could end up sucking(no pun intended;)), but I think we still need to hear more details, like the premise, to be either really optimistic or pessimistic about this. That's just me. The director has a "decent" track in his short resume(Life, Easy Money) and the writers(Lost In Space) show to have potential. Much like Venom, which so far is looking good, this is something to be neutral about at this point, imo.

Last edited:
He will filming in same time a DC and a Marvel movie? He like chaos :D

My first exposure to Morbius was this:

Morbius1A__03353.1424798107.386.513.jpg

I still remember picking up this issue (along with a reprint of Amazing Spider-Man #101). This needs to follow the Blade formula. Low budget and R-Rated. More horror thriller, less superhero romp.

Speaking of Blade, anyone else remember Morbius' (deleted) cameo from the first Blade film?

tumblr_nb75xnkufW1t11wtno2_500.gif

Oh I was hoping it would be like “what we do in the shadows” but with Leto I reckon they might go for more of a my chemical romance thing.

Oh well. Still an intriguing idea. And a good way to set up Blade maybe?

Who knows, Morbius could bring back the genre's dignity. As for the character not being "popular", hey; who would have guessed that first successful theatrical movie based on a Marvel hero was a c-string character named Blade?

Don't get me wrong, this could end up sucking(no pun intended;)), but I think we still need to hear more details, like the premise, to be either really optimistic or pessimistic about this. That's just me. The director has a "decent" track in his short resume(Life, Easy Money) and the writers(Lost In Space) show to have potential. Much like Venom, which so far is looking good, this is something to be neutral about at this point, imo.

Yeah this is my take on the whole thing. I don't trust Sony, but both this and Venom have some decent talent involved, so they may just surprise us with these movies.

My first exposure to Morbius was this:

Morbius1A__03353.1424798107.386.513.jpg

I still remember picking up this issue (along with a reprint of Amazing Spider-Man #101). This needs to follow the Blade formula. Low budget and R-Rated. More horror thriller, less superhero romp.

Speaking of Blade, anyone else remember Morbius' (deleted) cameo from the first Blade film?

tumblr_nb75xnkufW1t11wtno2_500.gif

Yeah I remember he deleted scene. I loved Morbius on the Spidey animated show,he was one of my favourites, so it was so frustrating we nearly got to see him on screen but ultimately didn't.

Leto isn't among my favorite actors, but Morbius is a character with potential. If Sony really delves into the horror aspect of the character, this has a shot. If they try to keep it too mainstream/PG-13, it could just be static among all of the other CBMs in it's year of release.

We got a star and a director. I think this one is going to move forward fairly quickly. Did is say when it is set to start shooting?

I hear some news about the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming, I feel happy, then Sony makes another spin-off announcement and fuels my depression. Again.

Ehhh.

This doesn't really bother me much. Morbius was never going to be in a Spider-Man film anytime soon and he was never one of my favorites anyway. Not that interested in the movie (though I will see it), but not offended either.

I guess I'm mostly worried that these spin-off movies are going to result in Spider-Man leaving the MCU to join this Sony-verse. Otherwise, I feel like Sony can make as many spin-off movies as they want to as long as Spider-Man continues to be in the MCU.

I guess I'm mostly worried that these spin-off movies are going to result in Spider-Man leaving the MCU to join this Sony-verse. Otherwise, I feel like Sony can make as many spin-off movies as they want to as long as Spider-Man continues to be in the MCU.

It's possible that could happen. But that has always been the sword dangling over us. We have to see how the next Spider-Man film performs, how well Venom does, and how negotiations go after Far From Home.

That's true. I think Venom could be a moderate success box office wise, but I don't expect it to be a critical hit. The box office is what matters more in this case I would assume.

So I can expect my Hydro Man movie when?

Eh, Morbius has at least had his own solo title a few times. So has Venom. Also vampires are popular. I can see where they see this as marketable. Hydro-Man would not be, LOL!

I might be more interested if they made this a straight-up horror/vampire film. I don't know how else they would approach it.

If Venom gets an actual R rating then it could happen, but I feel like they will take the easy route and stick with PG-13.

Venom feels PG-13 to me. But for this, I want R. I feel like Leto likely does as well (he's an artsy dude), and if he was basically allowed to pick a director, I am going to assume he has a lot of say in this project.

What's the drawback?

...have you read any of the posts in this thread?

I hear some news about the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming, I feel happy, then Sony makes another spin-off announcement and fuels my depression. Again.

Ehhh.

You gotta love how Sony is still clinging so desperately to the Spidey-Verse idea from their TASM days. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

Anyway, this will likely be quite the beautiful catastrophe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"