Morbius Sony announces a Morbius movie in development!

Maybe Sony will recycle the TASM2 blood subplot and have Morbius try to steal a sample from Spider-Man to cure himself. :o

we'll have to see what they are trying to do with Morbius. they would have to pit him against folks who are truly evil, worse than him.

we'll have to see what they are trying to do with Morbius. they would have to pit him against folks who are truly evil, worse than him.
Morbius is usually not bad though, he occasionally loses control but I'd say he's definitely an antihero.

Morbius is just not that interesting to me. I would rather see a movie all about Rhino than the living vampire.

Not really. If they wanted it could be about him battling his nature while being chased by cops or something. Not everyone needs to be a hero.

Morbius is just not that interesting to me. I would rather see a movie all about Rhino than the living vampire.

Tell that to me, seen my avatar? :oldrazz: :D

Reactions: ehh
I cited that semi seriously in the spin offs thread. :cwink:
Rhino is actually quite a good villain. I wouldn't seriously want to see him have his own movie, but there is a lot you can do with him as a Spidey foe. TASM2 totally ruined it though.

Rhino is actually quite a good villain. I wouldn't seriously want to see him have his own movie, but there is a lot you can do with him as a Spidey foe. TASM2 totally ruined it though.
TASM2 totally ruined all the villains so at least it wasn’t anything personal against Rhino. ;)

Morbius had a semi successful solo comic that I collected in the 90s.

This movie is being seriously underestimated. This could be Blade all over again.

Jared Leto is an Oscar winning actor and he may give the performance of a lifetime, a performance not seen in a CBM since Heath Ledger as the Joker.

Expect a similar situation box office wise that we are having with Venom to happen with Morbius.

Audiences have fallen in and out of love with vampire movies since time immemorial. Mark my words: Morbius will make vampire movies cool again.

Jared Leto as Morbius by BossLogic

DgwWk4WUwAIiSCn.jpg

Last edited:
I read Morbius comics from the nineties as a kid. I recall enjoying them (as well as a bunch of Marvel's other supernatural characters they pushed in the early/mid-nineties).

Morbius has some decent villains. My picks would be one or two of these guys

Rogue CIA agent Simon Stroud who has been hunting Morbius for years in the comics

Vic Slaughter
Vic Slaughter (Morbius foe)

Doctor Thaddeus Paine
Doctor Paine (Morbius/Venom foe)

Stroud and Slaughter if they want a more horror action vibe and Paine if they want a more horror thriller tone

I vote for Basilisk

Morbius had a semi successful solo comic that I collected in the 90s.

This movie is being seriously underestimated. This could be Blade all over again.

Jared Leto is an Oscar winning actor and he may give the performance of a lifetime, a performance not seen in a CBM since Heath Ledger as the Joker.

Expect a similar situation box office wise that we are having with Venom to happen with Morbius.

Audiences have fallen in and out of love with vampire movies since time immemorial. Mark my words: Morbius will make vampire movies cool again.
I like Morbius in comics when he pops up. A vampire within a CBM is something different and might help with the real issue of vampire fatigue as CBMs certainly aren't suffering from that made up condition of superhero fatigue.

Last edited:
How is he a better option? No one knows who he is? He’s just a vampire. People had an idea who iron man was

Before 2008 Iron Man was a B Tier Marvel character. The general public had almost zero to no knowledge of Tony Stark. It’s only after the movie’s success that he was catapulted into the bigger spotlight of pop culture saturation.

Morbius may not blow up as big, who knows, but I predict most people here will be in for a surprise since the expectations are very low for this film.

I mean Venom was pretty much their biggest character that's not Spider-Man and they already did it. Nobody else comes close in terms of popularity. Morbius is one of the better choices if they must. There are approximately 0 fans of Nightwatch and they want to make a movie of that guy.

I was a fan of Nightwatch, but in retrospect, he was a big rip off of Spawn. That’s what DC fans also say of Deadpool when it comes to Deathstroke. I will save my judgment for the trailer for Nightwatch. That is a hard one to predict. Silver and Black isn’t as appealing to me either but Kraven has some potential.

Deadpool evolved to be less like Deathstroke.

I had never even heard of Nightwatch until I heard Spike Lee was attached to the Sony Movie adaptation.

I would be down for a Slingers spin off franchise.

I hope Morbius has a crow vibe.

A lot of these other characters that are pending spin-off movies don't have the popularity of Venom. If they have a similar quality to the Venom film, I don't think they will make as much money. But who knows.

It would probably be smart of Sony to include Venom in some of these other movies or have them tie closely to it.

It definitely sounds meh, but they could still try to be the firsts to wrangle something interesting from an origin-story-doppelganger-antagonist, no? Ok, maybe not.
Seriously though, I'm ok with it if Morbius himself is brought to life compellingly, it will be an origin story after all.

Deadpool evolved to be less like Deathstroke.

I had never even heard of Nightwatch until I heard Spike Lee was attached to the Sony Movie adaptation.

I would be down for a Slingers spin off franchise.

I hope Morbius has a crow vibe.

Lolwut?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"