Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, how do you even make Venom work without Spider-Man? The Venom symbiote's whole existence came to be because of his time as Spider-Man's costume and Spider-Man rejecting it. It became Venom because of its hatred for Spider-Man.

Noting but a cashgrab man. Thats all it is. Think ghostbusters 2016

Even with Sony's few successes here and there (Baby Driver, Homecoming, Hotel Transylvania 1&2, The Shallows), I don't think anyone can deny how far the studio has fallen in the last several years. In both leadership and content.

Also, how do you even make Venom work without Spider-Man? The Venom symbiote's whole existence came to be because of his time as Spider-Man's costume and Spider-Man rejecting it. It became Venom because of its hatred for Spider-Man.

I think you could theoretically make it work by not addressing it, but my best guess is they'll try to make it work by radically changing his origin.

I think you could theoretically make it work by not addressing it, but my best guess is they'll try to make it work by radically changing his origin.

They'd be foolish not to address it, even if he's not in the film. They won't discount the possibility in the future.

I'd wager that Tom Holland will appear in the film if it turns out well. Sony will give access to Marvel and if they are pleased with how it turns out they'll do re-shoots (a couple of scenes) with Holland. At the very least in the future, which a good Venom film would most definitely ensure.

Hardy + Holland is magic.

Last edited:
They'd be foolish not to address it, even if he's not in the film. They won't discount the possibility in the future.

Oh, I think it will be addressed...just think that explanation will be touch upon, in this film, in a way that will allow wiggle-room, to further elaborate upon, at a later sequence, film, or date. Much in the same vein, as to, IW possibly leaving wiggle-room, in the scene where Peter is appeared lying on the surface injuried or suit incapactated, on that Alien Planet, with Tony Stark...which could later be retroactively elaborated on, as the moment the Symbiote attached itself, hitching a ride to Earth at some point.

Keep in mind, negotiations is on going, between the two studios. Sony is going to want help in establishing Sonyverse, for Marvel continue use of Spidey in the MCU(that he is suppose to kick-off after A4). So it can be done in a way not to confirm inclusion; but not deny it either, so the explanation can remain fluid, until the i's are dotted, t's are crossed, and decision are made on the level of shared universes.

Last edited:
They'll use vague references to that "wall crawling freak" or something similar.

I'd wager that Tom Holland will appear in the film if it turns out well. Sony will give access to Marvel and if they are pleased with how it turns out they'll do re-shoots (a couple of scenes) with Holland. At the very least in the future, which a good Venom film would most definitely ensure.

Hardy + Holland is magic.
That just seems highly optimistic. Marvel might not even allow Spider-Man to show up in it. Not sure if they even could do that, but every indication is that he's not in it.

I'd argue the exact opposite. They'd be foolish to address it precisely because they don't want to discount the possibility of doing something different in the future.

I don't remember venom ever doing that at all. Plus it looks far to impressive and atmospheric for Sony .

Yeah, it's a cool effect, but there's absolutely no reason to think it's legitimate. It's not like they've finished the film already or anything.

What would a melting spider have to do with Venom anyway?

The implication is the Symbiote absorbs/consumes the essence of it's host....in this case, the Spider.

I'll give this movie the benefit of the doubt, but unless there is some kid of Spidey involvement, I just don't see how it can work properly.

Let's face it, what everyone wants to see is a comic-accurate Venom as a villain for Spidey. Anything less than that is always going to be a disappointment.

???

Then why give the film a benefit of doubt if you know anything less than Spidey's involvement is going to be a disappointment? We're told Spidey will not be involved.

It's weird how we haven't heard any news on this when this is supposed to start filming in early September.

It's weird how we haven't heard any news on this when this is supposed to start filming in early September.

Cause let's be really freaking honest here. This movie has a high chance of not happening. Just like the Channing Tatum gambit movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"