Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detective time! I'm underwhelmed because we didn't see Venom... But we can all admit that it makes us want to see him even more.

I'm glad they didn't show us, because they just wrapped and considering the character is probably all CGI, I don't want to see unfinished product.

I am curious about this movie, but that teaser was underwhelming. It honestly could have been a trailer for any other thriller movie starring Tom Hardy. I understand the FX aren't done yet, but they could have teased him better than that. Like others have said showed him in a shadow or silhouette shot.

Thats what sucks about it. I mean, nobody was expecting full Venom action in this, but a glimpse, a GLIMPSE of the guy at the end of the teaser. Something to signal to the fans "dont worry guys, we're not ****ing this up like we did in SM3." Something to inspire confidence and drum up hype.

But we get nothing.

I am leaning toward the possibility that the symbiote is being transported by some government guys, breaks loose, bonds with Eddie who has cancer, then he becomes Venom over the course of the movie. Looks like he won't have a prior grudge with Spider-Man, but that said...if Holland was on set at some point, it's possible that he was just there to find the symbiote he had lost some time before the movie (possible even if Brock never encountered Spider-Man that the symbiote still did...gov't guys had to find it somewhere, right?).

Interesting theory! I'm just thinking of the early photo of Brock and how healthy he looked while investigating the Life Foundation.

My crackpot theory is that the shuttle crash happens, Spidey is involved or hinted at in some way. Life Foundation acquires it at some point. Time passes. Eddie, catching wind of something weird about this Pharma-Giant, investigates them.

Eddie, in reference to "we all have our Demons", starts on a downward spiral (marital problems, maybe sin eater, he gets cancer, hits bottom of barrel). The Life Foundation, keeping tabs on him for previous snooping, kidnap or extend a deal for "Experimental treatment." Symbiote is administered, or while they're testing something on Brock, it escapes and bonds to him, thus setting things in motion.

I really am grasping at straws, but I do hope that Spider-man's presence is felt in this even if he's not physically appearing in this film.

I dunno, I'm just hoping for this film to take place in different periods.

Thats what sucks about it. I mean, nobody was expecting full Venom action in this, but a glimpse, a GLIMPSE of the guy at the end of the teaser. Something to signal to the fans "dont worry guys, we're not ****ing this up like we did in SM3." Something to inspire confidence and drum up hype.

But we get nothing.

This trailer was already better than Spider-Man 3...

That trailer was pretty much ...pointless. Not even a glimpse of Venom? I know post production is only in its early days but could they not have put in even a couple of frames of the character?

the type of teaser i expected movie doesn't look bad at all and visually it fits in a spiderman universe i didn't expected to see venom in all its glory but i think the trailer needed a hook at the end to get you super excited

Why even drop the teaser if you weren't ready to show the character?
Not even a quick glimpse. No shadow, no voice, nothing. That was basically "random edgy guy talking" the official teaser. They could have at least name dropped Eddie Brock.

We never managed to see Venom in action in the trailer. This doesn't do anything to raise my expectations and really hurts my anticipation.

Horrible teaser. Really wish they weren't making this.

It did its job, it built hype.

This board was all over it in 2007, it was awesome.

I remember people being into it, but I just felt like that was a waste of time if we were getting absolutely no footage. I criticized it even then.

Interesting theory! I'm just thinking of the early photo of Brock and how healthy he looked while investigating the Life Foundation.

My crackpot theory is that the shuttle crash happens, Spidey is involved or hinted at in some way. Life Foundation acquires it at some point. Time passes. Eddie, catching wind of something weird about this Pharma-Giant, investigates them.

Eddie, in reference to "we all have our Demons", starts on a downward spiral (marital problems, maybe sin eater, he gets cancer, hits bottom of barrel). The Life Foundation, keeping tabs on him for previous snooping, kidnap or extend a deal for "Experimental treatment." Symbiote is administered, or while they're testing something on Brock, it escapes and bonds to him, thus setting things in motion.

I really am grasping at straws, but I do hope that Spider-man's presence is felt in this even if he's not physically appearing in this film.

I dunno, I'm just hoping for this film to take place in different periods.

I don't think Sin Eater will be involved. I think I heard he may appear in Daredevil season 3, so don't think Sony can use him. I am thinking Spider-Man at some point lost the symbiote prior to the movie starting and the Life foundation somehow got it. I don't see us seeing a ship crash or anything in the movie. Brock could be a volunteer for an experimental trial, or the symbiote could just get loose. Either is possible.

In response to the TDK teaser... We didn't see anything, but we heard the Joker's laugh.

I'm starting to like it the more and more I watch it. Tom is going to kill it, I just hope it's connected to the MCU.

Is it possible they haven’t locked down the character design? Usually that stuff is completed in pre production but I guess it’s possible they may have changed it late in development.

I think Comic Con will be the right place to show the first trailer, with a full reveal.

But we get nothing.

This. A shot of his arm, leg, or even front logo would've been enough. But nope. Sony gonna Sony.

This trailer was already better than Spider-Man 3...

I see we're starting with the hyperbole early.

Why even drop the teaser if you weren't ready to show the character?
Not even a quick glimpse. No shadow, no voice, nothing. That was basically "random edgy guy talking" the official teaser. They could have at least name dropped Eddie Brock.

without the title card it could of been a random tom hardy thriller lol

Is it possible they haven’t locked down the character design? Usually that stuff is completed in pre production but I guess it’s possible they may have changed it late in development.

Venom will prob be a CG overlay, so that may be why he isn't shown now.

Considering the movie doesn't come out until October, FX may well not even be finished.
Then I have to question the wisdom of releasing a trailer at all right now. They could have just as easily waited until April (with A Quiet Place) or even May (with Avengers).

It's not uncommon for big-budget productions like this to schedule some effects-heavy sequences early on in the shoot, thus giving the special effects team more time to work on them and to give them enough material to work with for an initial trailer. In this day and age, I have a hard time believing that they haven't had time (over the course of the last three or four months) to deliver even one money shot suitable for a trailer. Hell, even the first Batman Begins trailer had a couple of still photos of Batman tacked on at the very end.

It's a Venom trailer without Venom. Pretty underwhelming no matter how you slice it.

Having said that, the material in the trailer itself is alright.

They shouldnt have released this. They shouldve waited til Spring when they were ready to show the goods. This movie's already got an uphill battle, they dont need more bad press. Why did this need to be released now?

I didn't mind the trailer but yeah they really needed to show Venom. That's a big thing to not show with this kind of teaser. They didn't even say "Venom" it said "V" as the title card after Venoms face changed.

They could've had the voice or something. But yeah I didn't mind it. It was just misguided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"